Windows 10: Network Connections

Discus and support Network Connections in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and I cannot get my machines to connect on my home network. I have 2 desktop machines and one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charlie_1949, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Network Connections

Hi,

I am running the latest version of Windows 10 and I cannot get my machines to connect on my home network.

I have 2 desktop machines and one laptop.

The two desktop machines are connected to my Router by ethernet cables and my laptop is connected by Wifi.
    In the following, I am using File Manager.
    - On the laptop (Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.376), I can see and access information from both the desktops.
    - On the first of my desktops (Windows 10 Home, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.376), I can see both the second desktop and the laptop, but I can only access the data on the second desktop, I get an error message when I try to access the Laptop.

- On the second desktop (Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803 OS Build 17134.376), I cannot see either of the other computers on my network.

I have ensured the 3 machines have the same settings in "Change advanced sharing settings" in the "Network and Sharing Center"

On the second desktop, I have run the "Network Reset" option in "Network & Internet" option in "Settings".

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Charlie

:)

Charlie_1949, Nov 5, 2018

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Network Connections

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Network Connections

1. Network Connections - Similar Threads - Network Connections

2. windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not: Hello,It would be a big help if someone could explain why windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not. I would upload a screenshot showing the computers on the network that ARE connected along with the error message but this web page says that the jpg...
  3. windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not: Hello,It would be a big help if someone could explain why windows is connected to a network but file explorer says it is not. I would upload a screenshot showing the computers on the network that ARE connected along with the error message but this web page says that the jpg...
  4. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting: Hi, I'm having issues with my Acer Aspire laptop. I've booted it up to find that no WiFi connections are appearing, and I've been offline for several days. My other devices are connected as normal.After some quick research, I've opened Device Manager and found the fault is...
  5. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting: Hi, I'm having issues with my Acer Aspire laptop. I've booted it up to find that no WiFi connections are appearing, and I've been offline for several days. My other devices are connected as normal.After some quick research, I've opened Device Manager and found the fault is...
  6. qualcomm atheros qca9377 wireless network adapter not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Multi-player games and network connection on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi-player games and network connection on windows 11: GUYS, windows security SUCKS!PLEASE fix it!I can't play any multi-player games.Since day 1 I can't even go out with my pc and connect to a network like a normal person. I have to be here writing my username and password over and over again because windows security won't even...
  8. Multi-player games and network connection on windows 11

Multi-player games and network connection on windows 11: GUYS, windows security SUCKS!PLEASE fix it!I can't play any multi-player games.Since day 1 I can't even go out with my pc and connect to a network like a normal person. I have to be here writing my username and password over and over again because windows security won't even...
  9. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  10. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf