Windows 10: network connectivity icon is giving wrong information

Discus and support network connectivity icon is giving wrong information in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; network connectivity icon on my laptop is giving wrong information. The laptop is connected and it shows as following [ATTACH] and [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by datatraveler2012, Feb 6, 2020.

1. network connectivity icon is giving wrong information

network connectivity icon on my laptop is giving wrong information. The laptop is connected and it shows as following

network connectivity icon is giving wrong information efda0db2-4154-4079-a201-4054049d184d?upload=true.jpg

and network connectivity icon is giving wrong information 78e311ae-ca55-4c7f-a8de-ffce4f985c0c?upload=true.jpg

however it is connected to both the Wi-Fi network and also the internet I am writing from this machine.

network connectivity icon is giving wrong information 692531ea-411f-4d6d-9c8a-27ef5a607a52?upload=true.jpg

and at the bottom on taskbar

network connectivity icon is giving wrong information 8b6a1d2d-5c86-40a5-8632-35c5202b3476?upload=true.jpg

So I am getting wrong pictures in the taskbar and wifi icon of the network panel also is showing false information that I am not connected.

How to solve this problem?

:)

datatraveler2012, Feb 6, 2020

2. Network connection icon problem

Hi all,
    Few days ago (since I have switched to Nvidia - I don't know is there any connection between them or not) I have a problem with the network connection icon. After the OS loads in, the icon is still loading about for a minute. When I open Chrome the internet connection is perfect, only the icon shows it's loading. It wouldn't be such a problem, but certain programs (for example GPU-Z) doesn't open until the icon stops loading.
    What could be the problem, and how can I solve this? I have already uninstalled / reinstalled the network driver. Nothing has changed.
    Thanks,
    hazazs

Tibor Hazafi, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 6, 2020
  4. temp02 Win User

network connectivity icon is giving wrong information

Wrong wi-fi icon?

Does it show the small red cross over any connection icon under Network Connections (Windows + R -> ncpa.cpl)? If it does, disable that one and see if the task-bar icon remains the same.

temp02, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

network connectivity icon is giving wrong information

1. network connectivity icon is giving wrong information - Similar Threads - network connectivity icon

2. Automatically being connected to the wrong network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Automatically being connected to the wrong network: Everytime when my PC boots up or turns on after sleep mode, it's annoying that I have to switch to the proper network.I have 1 internet router. Though, in the network list, both on my phone and PC, there are 2 networks, both connect to the same internet router that I have....
  3. Wrong location information

in Cortana
    Wrong location information: My laptop running Windows 10 is providing wrong location information ...how do I fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-location-information/83d5a1c0-2b0d-47d6-9970-986bfec5810c
  4. Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong Wi-fi icon when connecting to a Wi-fi network: Last night I updated my laptop to Windows 10 2004 but then I found that the Wi-fi icon remain "No Internet Connection" and each Wi-fi network changed. I still have access to Internet but this thing make me a bit uncomfortable. What should I do to fix this problem? Thank you....
  5. Tray network connectivity icon is giving wrong information

Tray network connectivity icon is giving wrong information: Thr tray network connectivity icon is giving wrong information... note below... tray icon says "Wyndam 3" and Network & Settings window says "Wyndam" after changing router. How do I change "Wyndam 3" to "Wyndam" on the tray icon? [ATTACH]...
  6. network connectivity icon is giving wrong information

network connectivity icon is giving wrong information: network connectivity icon is giving wrong information network connectivity icon on my laptop is giving wrong information. The laptop is connected and it shows as following [img] and [img] however it is connected to both the Wi-Fi network and also the internet I am...
  7. network connectivity icon is giving wrong information

in Windows 10 Support
    network connectivity icon is giving wrong information: network connectivity icon is giving wrong information network connectivity icon on my laptop is giving wrong information. The laptop is connected and it shows as following [img] and [img] however it is connected to both the Wi-Fi network and also the internet I am...
  8. wrong system information

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wrong system information: hello, I own an Asus laptop, model F554LA. Since I updated to win10 I occasionally have flickering screen problems, possibly due to wrong display adapter driver. I have tried every possible solution found on the internet but the problem always reappears. Lately I discovered...
  9. BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION

in Windows 10 Customization
    BATTERY WRONG INFORMATION: My device is ACER ASPIRER3-131T and its one year old device,no issues in battery usage but while charging at level between 90 to 98 percent It's saying more 20 to 30 mins remaining to full charge!how is it possible?pls any solution to it?...
  10. Wrong Icon for WiFi connection

Wrong Icon for WiFi connection: Windows 10 has been working just fine for me since I upgraded my Lenovo laptop from Windows 7 to Window 10 last year. It automatically connects me to my home network when I start Windows. Until just a few days ago the icon in the system tray was the normal icon for a network...