Windows 10: Network connectivity issues after Win 10 1093 update

Discus and support Network connectivity issues after Win 10 1093 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated my laptop (Lenovo Yoga) to Windows 10 Version 1093 the other day. Ever since I've been having weird connectivity problems. I have a pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jim P. Stewart, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Network connectivity issues after Win 10 1093 update

I updated my laptop (Lenovo Yoga) to Windows 10 Version 1093 the other day. Ever since I've been having weird connectivity problems. I have a pretty fast Verizon Fios 5G network and all the other devices (laptops, phones, tablets) in the house are humming along. It's just this one laptop.

Now, I have Wifi set to auto-connect. But what's been happening since the upgrade is that instead of connecting, I get this little globe image where the wireless image should be. So I go in to manually connect and it says "Can't connect to this network." So I wind up rebooting and rebooting (including the network) and eventually got in.

I decided to look at the network card driver version. The box has got a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A adapter. The version was from 8/18 and when I went to update it said I had the latest driver. But a quick look at the Microsoft Update Catalog shows drivers from 4/17/19. Unfortunately, it comes in a CAB file which I'm reluctant to deal with, never having done that before. That said, I'm reasonably technical and if you think that's the one, let me know the process. (Qualcomm site not helpful.)

In the meantime, I used Device Manager to look at my machine to see if I could Update Drivers with ones that are on my box. It found some older ones. I installed one that turned out to be dated 1/10/2017. It told me I had to reboot, I did and boom - wireless came right up. So maybe rolling back was the right move for now, don't know. Might **** out again on next shutdown.

Thoughts?

:)

Jim P. Stewart, Jul 16, 2019

2. Network connectivity issues after Win 10 1093 update

I updated my laptop (Lenovo Yoga) to Windows 10 Version 1093 the other day. Ever since I've been having weird connectivity problems. I have a pretty fast Verizon Fios 5G network and all the other devices (laptops, phones, tablets) in the house are humming
    along. It's just this one laptop.

Now, I have Wifi set to auto-connect. But what's been happening since the upgrade is that instead of connecting, I get this little globe image where the wireless image should be. So I go in to manually connect and it says "Can't connect to this network."
    So I wind up rebooting and rebooting (including the network) and eventually got in.

I decided to look at the network card driver version. The box has got a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A adapter. The version was from 8/18 and when I went to update it said I had the latest driver. But a quick look at the Microsoft Update Catalog shows drivers
    from 4/17/19. Unfortunately, it comes in a CAB file which I'm reluctant to deal with, never having done that before. That said, I'm reasonably technical and if you think that's the one, let me know the process. (Qualcomm site not helpful.)

In the meantime, I used Device Manager to look at my machine to see if I could Update Drivers with ones that are on my box. It found some older ones. I installed one that turned out to be dated 1/10/2017. It told me I had to reboot, I did and boom - wireless
    came right up. So maybe rolling back was the right move for now, don't know. Might **** out again on next shutdown.

Thoughts?

Jim P. Stewart, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jul 17, 2019
  4. DaleNoel Win User

Network connectivity issues after Win 10 1093 update

Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

Network connectivity issues after Win 10 1093 update

1. Network connectivity issues after Win 10 1093 update - Similar Threads - Network connectivity issues

2. Win 10 network and connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 network and connectivity issues: My Win 10 PC keeps disconnecting itself from the wi-fi. It will operate normally, but if I am playing a game it will disconnect and would give the error message "can't connect to this network". It won't work unless I restart the PC.Sometimes even after restart, it wouldn't...
  3. Win 10 Networking Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Networking Issue: I have two Windows 10 computers: a laptop, and a desktop that is kind of a household server. The server has an external drive with some folders that are shared publicly - Music, Photos, Videos, etc. Most of them are discoverable on other devices. On the laptop, they are...
  4. Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update

Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update: We had this issue on our Dell Latitudes after we performed latest windows 10 2004 feature update where several applications such as Skype for Business & Outlook can't sense network connectivity until you disable and re-enable the network card interface as shown below:...
  5. Network Connection Issues After Dec. 10 Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Connection Issues After Dec. 10 Update: [ATTACH] I started experiencing regular network connection issues after the recent update on or around December 10. Every 10-15 minutes Windows executes "Logon" and "Special Logon" events in the background, which always disconnect this device from the network. I have...
  6. Network Connectivity issues after Feature to Windows 10 1909 update

Network Connectivity issues after Feature to Windows 10 1909 update: After having recently updated to Feature to Windows 10 1909 update I started having intermittent network/internet connectivity issues, particularly after my pc has been on sleep mode. So finally after resetting my network connection several times and trying every single...
  7. Issues with Cellular Network Connection after 1903 update

Issues with Cellular Network Connection after 1903 update: After updating to Windows 10 64bit 1903 we are seeing that all of your computer with Cellular modems have the Cellular radio showing in the network tray as "Turned Off", strangely it is connected and working as i can get on the internet. However this causes an issue with...
  8. Cannot login after Windows 10 1093 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot login after Windows 10 1093 update: I just installed the Windows 10 1903 update. My system has 3 users. My wife and son can login. I cannot. It recognizes me and I get "welcome" followed quickly by "signing out". I've done multiple restarts and nothing helps....
  9. Win 10 Networking Issues

Win 10 Networking Issues: Hi Everyone :) I've been tearing my hair out for the last week or so trying to get my network back up and running as it should be and always had been before. Everything seemed to be running fine with the "old" network but adding a new HP All in One a week ago seemed to...
  10. No network connectivity after upgrade to win 10 from win 7

No network connectivity after upgrade to win 10 from win 7: I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 now the machine refuses to show the network adapters! Both adapters show in the device manager as running OK. I have tried to reinstall the drivers - win 10 says the latest driver is installed. I tried removing the adapters by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. issues with update 1093