Windows 10: Network connectivity issues on certain programs

Discus and support Network connectivity issues on certain programs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, some of programs on my PC have slow, to barely any network contact. Which is also affecting download capability. For my browsers (FireFox &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheFinalSupremacy, May 11, 2020.

1. Network connectivity issues on certain programs

Hi, some of programs on my PC have slow, to barely any network contact. Which is also affecting download capability.

For my browsers (FireFox & Chrome) can barely load sites, however Edge and Opera GX have no issues. I'm also having this issues with programs, I cannot get more than 1MB down on Steam and other programs which download.

On the browsers that work, I can stream video just fine. (Twitch - 1080p/60 @ 8000kbps) (Youtube - 4K videos play and buffer healthily)

Also, I don't know if this would be useful, but my game pings according to gameserverping.com are all at their optimal and usual levels. I'm not experience and ingame network lag. My general internet speed tests are having normal readings as well.

Using 'Computer Management' and running the Performance Diagnostic, I found some issues with some Services failing to start. I noticed these were Net related services, WAS, NetMsmqActivator, Net.Msmq Listener Adapter, Net.Pipe Listener Adapter and Net.Tcp Listener Adapter. After a day of sereaching I manged to get the all okay and running, but it seems they had nothing to do with my issue.

I updated to the April cumulative update (1909) and it did not help.

Thanks for any ideas!

submitted by /u/TheFinalSupremacy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheFinalSupremacy, May 11, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, May 11, 2020
  3. Network Connectivity Issue

Hi,

The problem you've encountered with your network connection is most likely caused by an outdated network driver since this appeared after the recent update. We suggest updating the driver for your network adapter. Please follow the steps below:

• Right-click Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network adapters category.
    • Right-click the one that says Ethernet Connection, then click
      Update Driver
    • Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
    • If Windows is unable to find a new driver for your network adapter, try checking its manufacturer's website.

If the above steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager, right-click the name your network adapter, then select
      Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 11, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

Network connectivity issues on certain programs

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Network connectivity issues on certain programs

1. Network connectivity issues on certain programs - Similar Threads - Network connectivity issues

2. Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network: I recently bought a new laptop with window 11 and I can't seem to access certain websites on my home wifi network.I tested it on other networks and everything worked, even when I used a wired connection to my router everything was fine. I tried to clear my browser cache,...
  3. Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't connect to certain websites on a certain wifi network: I recently bought a new laptop with window 11 and I can't seem to access certain websites on my home wifi network.I tested it on other networks and everything worked, even when I used a wired connection to my router everything was fine. I tried to clear my browser cache,...
  4. Win10 printing issue on one certain program

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 printing issue on one certain program: I have a HP printer which refuses to print on one certain program. It prints fine on word, excel, edge, acrobat etc.. even test pages but the one program i am using on a daily basis keeps giving me "error printing". I tried pretty much everything i can think off. Reboot...
  5. Computer won't connect to certain network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer won't connect to certain network.: My laptop connects to my home network just fine, but when I try to connect to my friend's home network, it says "unable to connect to this network" or somewhere along the lines of that. My other friend who brought his laptop was able to connect to the network just fine. A...
  6. Network & Connectivity Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network & Connectivity Issue: Hello When i connect to my mobile hotspot, after some time it gets automatically disconnected with a notification saying Action Needed to open browser. When i click on the notification it reconnects and opensmsn.com in the browser. Why does this Happen???...
  7. Can't connect to certain network

Can't connect to certain network: I have an issue with a new network card I bought (Asus ac-68). I can use it to connect to a hotspot created with my phone but trying to connect to a different (wpa2 enterprise protected) network results in a "can't connect to this network" message. With my old network card...
  8. network connection issues

network connection issues: hello i am having trouble connecting to my home network with my laptop, my phone and TV are connected and working fine and when i turn on my hotspot on my phone my laptop can connect any help would be appreciated thank you in advance...
  9. Network Connection Issue?

Network Connection Issue?: Something strange is happening here. I am able to connect to the internet/RDP/DB on my server, receive ping requests, but it's showing an exclamation mark on the network icon and when I view the network information it says: Unknown: The dependency service or group failed...
  10. networking or connectivity issues

networking or connectivity issues: Hi all, I have couple of bizarre issues with network and sharing. Issue 1: WiFi Printer * Windows can't detect WiFi printer * after many troubleshooting, I was able to 'discover' it but can't really use it for scanning or printing * After a PC reboot, the...