Windows 10: Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working

Discus and support Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new computer with Windows 10. Printer, Epson WorkForce 840 is older and is not recognizing or will it allow me to type in updated wifi network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mdhqs, Aug 28, 2019.

1. mdhqs Win User

Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working

I have a new computer with Windows 10. Printer, Epson WorkForce 840 is older and is not recognizing or will it allow me to type in updated wifi network connection. I have troubleshooted every which way you can think of. What do you advise?

:)

mdhqs, Aug 28, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working [​IMG]

topgundcp, Aug 28, 2019
  3. DaleNoel Win User
    Win 10 Network Printer Connection Problem

I have tried, when using the wifi from a Win 7 computer to connect to the printer connected to it. Others can connect.

I did do the three steps outlined:

• Open File Explorer. Pick the "Network" icon from the left pane (navigation pane) of the file explorer UI.
    • If sharing is turned off you will see a pale yellow line towards the top of the window that states "Network Discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change...".
    • Click this bar and select "Turn on network discovery and file sharing"

None of the suggestion worked.

I did notice that the PC I'm connecting to is 'Private' while I am listed as 'Public'.

• Can this be causing the problem?
    • Are there other suggestions?

I need to be connected to use the other printer so work flow can not be disrupted and someone else needs to print the file for me.

I will be with this group again on Monday.

Thank you.

DaleNoel, Aug 28, 2019
  4. RokeW Win User

Printer visible on network but can't connect

Well I had done all of the suggested steps but in wrong order. I updated router firmware, but still couldn't see printer. When I then reinstalled the new driver I had downloaded, it located the printer and all is now running fine. How complex this can get!

RokeW, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Network Connectivity, Windows10 and Printer -- not working - Similar Threads - Network Connectivity Windows10

2. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  3. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not connecting to network: After cumulative windows updates my printer is not connecting to network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-is-not-connecting-to-network/0e633272-dbf3-4b55-bebe-77263a710010
  4. Printer is not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Network printer not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network printer not working: My laptop with Windows 10 Home is connected through Internet wifi to my office desk top with Windows 10 Pro.Till recently I was able to use the printer on network, now I am able to open all shared files but the print is not working. It gives errors....
  6. Network printer not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network printer not working: My laptop with Windows 10 Home is connected through Internet wifi to my office desk top with Windows 10 Pro.Till recently I was able to use the printer on network, now I am able to open all shared files but the print is not working. It gives errors....
  7. Network printer fail to connect to Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Network printer fail to connect to Windows10: It looks like the network printer can not be found in the below network: HP_ENVY - LAN_CABLE - ROUTER1SonicwallSOHO - LAN_CABLE - ROUTER2PLDT - Wifi2.4GHz - Canon_PIXMA_E4270 Below is messages from the printer finding program from Canon: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Also in...
  8. Connect a Network Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect a Network Printer: Hi, I have two computers and each one has its own printer. They are connected in the same network. How can I connect to the other computer's printer? I can't seem to figure this out.......
  9. Direct connection to networked printer no longer working

Direct connection to networked printer no longer working: Hello, The issue I'm having concerns a printer and a few computers. The printer and computers are on different domains, but on the same network. The printer was added to the computers directly using the printer's IP address. Something changed however, and now the printer is...
  10. Printer will not work in windows10

Printer will not work in windows10: Hi all,I have an HP Officejet 4500.Installed it when 10 was introduced as free.It worked fine untill the anniversary update but no longer works.Went to the hp website and put in the info.and they inform me that there is no driver avaliable.So,can I assume I have to throw...