Windows 10: Network Credentials Dialog Box???

Discus and support Network Credentials Dialog Box??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time. EVERY TIME you guys send out a major update, my server suddenly doesn't recognize me for network access.I am trying to get to a shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jimspy, Jun 16, 2021.

1. jimspy Win User

Network Credentials Dialog Box???

Every time. EVERY TIME you guys send out a major update, my server suddenly doesn't recognize me for network access.I am trying to get to a shared drive on my server from my laptop. Both are Windows 10. Normally it's no problem. But sometime over the weekend, I had to go through a 4-hour update on my server. When it finally came back up, I could no longer access the network drives. Instead, I get this:I don't have any idea what my network credentials are; as far as I'm concerned, we're one big happy HOME network. I've run into this before, but somehow was able to get past it without hav

:)

jimspy, Jun 16, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jun 16, 2021
  3. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jun 16, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

How to limit Windows Sharing to one PC on a network?

It works 100% of the time if you do it at the right area. If you navigate to the "server" through explorer->network->"server" or do a \\<server> in explorer's address bar, when you enter the username/password in the the dialog that pops up there and check the box to save them, it will enter them directly in credential manager. If you get the dialog box any other way, you are right, it is a 50/50 change of them saving properly. But at least Microsoft finally got it right with Win8 and don't give you the check box to save the credentials if they won't actually be saved!

newtekie1, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Network Credentials Dialog Box??? - Similar Threads - Network Credentials Dialog

2. Being asked to enter network credentials but dialog box has nowhere to enter them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being asked to enter network credentials but dialog box has nowhere to enter them: This is new. I just ran a Windows update and since the post-update-reboot it won't let me connect to the USB drive attached to my router. Windows 11 complains that the username and password that are saved are wrong. They're not. But even if they were, I'm not given the option...
  3. Being asked to enter network credentials but dialog box has nowhere to enter them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Being asked to enter network credentials but dialog box has nowhere to enter them: This is new. I just ran a Windows update and since the post-update-reboot it won't let me connect to the USB drive attached to my router. Windows 11 complains that the username and password that are saved are wrong. They're not. But even if they were, I'm not given the option...
  4. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  5. Save As Dialog Boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save As Dialog Boxes: Is there any way to bypass the following dialog box in Windows 10?and go directly to THIS instead? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-as-dialog-boxes/e59435c7-7ca1-4ab7-957f-0e3756499b67
  6. No Password Box Dialog

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No Password Box Dialog: I Am A Tech Savvy Adminstrator Who Keeps Trying New Things, But I Encountered A Problem, I Was Just Optimizing My Windows With Some Scripts But After Running The Script And Restarting, I Realized I Screwed Up. I Can't Enter My Laptop Password Now, There Is No Dialog Box In...
  7. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  8. Dialog boxes will not open

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dialog boxes will not open: I'm using Windows 10 on an ASUS VivoBook. Sometime in the past few months, dialog boxes for Snip & Sketch and the HP Smart app have stopped working. When I click save on either of these apps, instead of a dialog box coming up for me to rename the file and choose where to save...
  9. This pc dialog box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This pc dialog box: My pc dialog box keeps comming up for no reason at all. Any suggestions on how to fix problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-dialog-box/80473ef0-aea3-483e-bf22-d57158641d47
  10. Dialog box customization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog box customization: What file has all the dialog boxes ? Such as file explorer? The icons in the ribbon?John*cry 140382