Windows 10: Network credentials for external drive on iMac

Discus and support Network credentials for external drive on iMac in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, this is a weird one for me. I have a brand-new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 and I'm trying to set it up to access a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tom Cunningham, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Network credentials for external drive on iMac

Hi, this is a weird one for me. I have a brand-new Dell XPS 15 7590 laptop with Windows 10 Pro version 1909 and I'm trying to set it up to access a Seagate Backup Plus drive connected via USB to an iMac running OS X Catalina 10.15.2. Interestingly, I can get to shares residing on the boot disk of the iMac just fine, but when I try to open the shared Seagate drive I get the Windows Security "Enter network credentials" pop-up with an "Access is denied." error. I have all the credentials entered for my iMac account on the PC and permissions for the account to the drive in question are set on the OS X side. I believe all parameters for file sharing are set correctly on both the PC and the Mac. I can't figure out why I would be able to access files and folders on the internal Mac drive but not on the external one. Any clues?

:)

Tom Cunningham, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Windows Network Credentials

I hope someone can help. Like many others I have been bugged with windows asking me for my Network Credentials when trying to map my drives, my external drives are run through my Imac. I have tried all the solutions that I could find online but nothing
    seems to work. Is anyone in Microsoft working on this.

KeithRiley1, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Network credentials for external drive on iMac

Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Network credentials for external drive on iMac

1. Network credentials for external drive on iMac - Similar Threads - Network credentials external

2. network drive credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network drive credentials: so i'm using a network drive on my network to share files between computers. this was all fine, but then when i try to use it on the other computer, it asks for credentials. i've never seen this before, and i haven't set any credentials, any way i can remove them?...
  3. network drive credentials

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network drive credentials: so i'm using a network drive on my network to share files between computers. this was all fine, but then when i try to use it on the other computer, it asks for credentials. i've never seen this before, and i haven't set any credentials, any way i can remove them?...
  4. Network Drive Credentials Invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Drive Credentials Invalid: Computer A has Windows 10 Pro and computer B has Windows 11 Pro. I mapped the C: drive of each one as a network drive on the other so I could move files around between them. Initially it was fine and everything worked normally. I turned B back on after being off for a few...
  5. Network Drive Credentials Invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Drive Credentials Invalid: Computer A has Windows 10 Pro and computer B has Windows 11 Pro. I mapped the C: drive of each one as a network drive on the other so I could move files around between them. Initially it was fine and everything worked normally. I turned B back on after being off for a few...
  6. backup to network drive asks for credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    backup to network drive asks for credentials: I'm getting ready to create a system image of my wife's computer. I wish to put it on a logical drive partition on an external drive that is connected to my computer and shared through our home lan. We are both hardwired to the LAN through ethernet. I can access it from her...
  7. Network Credentials?

Network Credentials?: After the last update, I can no longer connect my computers. It asks for "network credentials". Where do these come from? Who set them. And why? I searched all over the internet, and there are any of "solutions," none of which seem to work, including removing all password...
  8. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: I just added a 3rd computer in my home. Everytime I try to connect the computers, it's asking for my user name & password in Network Credentials, I've never been asked that before & I have no idea what those are. Where can I find my Network Credentials? Thanx for your...
  9. network credentials

network credentials: What are network credentials? Every time I try to look thru the network to see my other computers files I get a box asking for user and password. I have no idea how to fill this in. Can you help me or send me someplace where I can find out about networking?...
  10. imac computer recognition on the network

imac computer recognition on the network: My pc computer shows up on the network but not my imac computer. How can I get my network see my imac computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/imac-computer-recognition-on-the-network/c67fcc3e-f905-4cb3-a6eb-48d1178d8200