Windows 10: Network Credentials

Discus and support Network Credentials in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just added a 3rd computer in my home. Everytime I try to connect the computers, it's asking for my user name & password in Network Credentials,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonHolmes, Aug 13, 2019.

1. RonHolmes Win User

Network Credentials

I just added a 3rd computer in my home. Everytime I try to connect the computers, it's asking for my user name & password in Network Credentials, I've never been asked that before & I have no idea what those are. Where can I find my Network Credentials? Thanx for your assistance.

:)

RonHolmes, Aug 13, 2019

2. Network Credentials

Hi Sammy,

To assist you better regarding your concern with network credentials, have you checked the Windows credentials for any information about the username and password for the network credentials? If not yet, follow the steps below to access Windows Credentials
    manager.

• Press the Windows icon on the desktop.
    • Type in Windows Credentials.
    We would appreciate as well if you could provide us a screenshot.

Let us know how it goes.

Carlos Tin, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Windows Network Credentials

Hi Keith,

We suggest that you disable Credential Manager before mapping your Drives. Please follow these steps to disable Credential Manager:

• In the search box type “Services
    • Right click on “Services” and select “Run as Administrator
    • In the Services Window, look for Credential Manager Service and click “Stop”.
    • Restart the computer and go back the Credential Manager Service and set it to “Automatic”.
    • Restart the computer again.

Please keep us updated if you were able to map your drives.

Ryan Fra, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Network Credentials

Edit Network Credentials

I just got my laptop back from the repair shop where the HD was wiped and Windows 10 reinstalled. I want to share other network devices, but I'm being asked for my Network Credentials. I don't know what they are. I can follow the steps to get to the credentials
    details link from Control Panel, but I can't seem to change or remove the hidden password. Advice? Suggestions?

TIA

Phil Irons, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Network Credentials

1. Network Credentials - Similar Threads - Network Credentials

2. Windows Security - Enter network credentials

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security - Enter network credentials: When I try to access my second computer it asks for my network credentials. How do I find out what it is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-enter-network-credentials/36719ca4-1fb7-416a-ae10-6c6a31b883cd
  3. network credentials

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network credentials: What are network credentials? Every time I try to look thru the network to see my other computers files I get a box asking for user and password. I have no idea how to fill this in. Can you help me or send me someplace where I can find out about networking?...
  4. Intermittent Network Credentials Error

Intermittent Network Credentials Error: Hi. Thanks in advance for any help. I have an intermittent problem with connecting to my NAS. We have a small business with 4 desktops + 2 laptops and the NAS is a file server. The desktops are connected by ethernet cable. The laptops are wifi. The desktops and laptops...
  5. Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network

Credentials Login issue on new computer added to small Win 10 network: Hi I have had 3 computers running perfectly on a Win 10 network. Each computer can see and access each other perfectly with no logins etc required. But I have now added another Win10 computer but am having issues with Network Credentials being required. This new PC...
  6. Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update

Windows 10 asking for network credentials for NAS after update: After last night's latest and greatest update for Windows 10, I discover that I can no longer access my Qnap NAS from the PC that was updated (I'm afraid to allow any of the other ones to update, but given Microsoft's obnoxious forced updating, I can only delay that so long)....
  7. Network Credentials

Network Credentials: Network Credentials, I have 2 computers on my home network. Since MS deleted homegroup I cannot connect the computer the computers. They both show on each computer under network, but when I try to connect I am asked for network credentials. I enter the account and...
  8. Network computer not acceptin credentials.

Network computer not acceptin credentials.: I have a private wireless network with three computers all running Windows 10. Two use the same Microsoft account and the third uses a different one but they all show up in File Explorer on the first two. But when I try to open the third one I get a request for credentials. I...
  9. What are Network Credentials?

What are Network Credentials?: What is Network Credentials and how are they cancelled? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-network-credentials/3178bf51-79ec-42eb-b1fd-da99c0154015
  10. Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements

Windows keeps asking for Network Credentials even though I turned off password requirements: Ever since the update to 1903 I can no longer access file sharing because it asks for a password. My Windows password does not work. What is the solution?...