Windows 10: Network Dead, from bad to worse.

Discus and support Network Dead, from bad to worse. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here is the deal...I don't know what is wrong. There was a lightning storm here. When I got up my internet was messed up. I have a Mac and a PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by chezzy1111, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Network Dead, from bad to worse.

Here is the deal...I don't know what is wrong.

There was a lightning storm here. When I got up my internet was messed up. I have a Mac and a PC connected via an ASUS router. Both the Mac and the PC were only giving me 10meg speed on my 200meg connection. So I called the cable Co. thinking it was a bad cable modem (4 other people in this apartment building had problems after the storm). They replaced the modem and tested the lines and everything was OK. But I still only had 10meg speed. Well, eventually the Mac just corrected itself and the speed is fine now (I am posting this on the Mac). The PC not so much. I messed with every setting I could find on both the PC and the router with no success. I reset the network several times and tonight I uninstalled the network card and reinstalled the driver...now I can't get a network connection at all.

Win 10 reports that the NIC is fine, and I am using the router just fine otherwise. So I am at a complete loss as to what the problem is or what to do next. I at least had 10meg until I started to screw around and now I have nothing.

Any brave soul feel up to this?

Tommy

Skytech computer with a Realtek NIC

:)

chezzy1111, Jan 21, 2020
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 21, 2020
  4. nona Win User

Network Dead, from bad to worse.

Bad Flash HD 6870

I am sorry but will you please explain little. What should be my next step.

"you need to record the info off that dead video card first because each detail of every bios in that list should have the number that you exactly need for that card"

I did not understand this. How would I record info from my dead GPU?

Thema:

Network Dead, from bad to worse.

1. Network Dead, from bad to worse. - Similar Threads - Network Dead bad

2. New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.: every time there is a new version for windows 10 and 11, consume more ram space, even disabling all functions as well as unnecessary services, ram in each new version is increasing: Although there are hidden ways to disable Windows Update, you will never get the performance...
  3. New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.: every time there is a new version for windows 10 and 11, consume more ram space, even disabling all functions as well as unnecessary services, ram in each new version is increasing: Although there are hidden ways to disable Windows Update, you will never get the performance...
  4. Driver problems going from bad to worse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver problems going from bad to worse: Hi,Recently I've been experiencing tons of blue screen crashes on my computer. The error messages seemed to indicate that there was an issue with my drivers, so I tried multiple solutions such as disabling/uninstalling/reinstalling my Nvidia GeForce driver, running scannow,...
  5. Current Pending Sectors: How bad is it? How to stop it getting worse?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Current Pending Sectors: How bad is it? How to stop it getting worse?: Summary: Two of my external hard drives have both developed "Current Pending Sectors". 1TB-drive: 11 Currently Pending Sectors initially. Evacuation/Backup went mostly fine, but rose to 12 Current Pending Sectors while copying a folder containing the most recent data. Further...
  6. Windows 10 - bad to worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - bad to worse: I've long since stopped using my Windows 10 laptop, due to the horrendous updates that trash everything. For most things i use an iPad Pro, and i can do absolutely everything on it. No crashes, no update horror stories, and everything just works. The iPad Pro is also much...
  7. My display quality is very bad, probably 720p or worse

My display quality is very bad, probably 720p or worse: I have a relatively old pc and a brand new Alienware monitor but my display is bad and i was wondering if the problem is my graphics card. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-display-quality-is-very-bad-probably-720p-or/a077b3ac-684f-42b2-9475-bf3199eebcd1
  8. Bad Pool Dead (BSOD)

Bad Pool Dead (BSOD): For the last couple of months, I have been getting the BSOD with Bad Pool Header while playing the game Fortnite. It generally only opens at the end of the game when I am required to return back to the lobby of the game. It has happened on occasion during the game as well....
  9. Deleting a dead network connection from explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a dead network connection from explorer: Please tell me how to delete a dead network connection from explorer. Thanks, Michael Graves https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-a-dead-network-connection-from-explorer/3d6b1da4-215f-49ac-8a60-5ad8be186449
  10. It crashed, then I made it worse (Legacy->UEFI) on bad advice.

in Windows 10 Support
    It crashed, then I made it worse (Legacy->UEFI) on bad advice.: Hello all, So, I updated to Win 10 three weeks ago. All was fine until my system froze yesterday evening. I did a hard reboot, but after the initial Win 10 loading screen I got a blue loading screen that blinked endlessly like it was having a seizure. After multiple...