Windows 10: Network Detection Issues

Discus and support Network Detection Issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I made a post last night about a different issue which has now devolved into the one mentioned on the title. My computer is not detecting any networks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/starkat64, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Network Detection Issues

I made a post last night about a different issue which has now devolved into the one mentioned on the title. My computer is not detecting any networks. I have an Ethernet cord plugged in that it's not detecting, and the icon that shows it's not detecting any connection isn't even there. I tried running a full scan of the system for any viruses or issues and came back with nothing. I tried to reinstall my drivers and it did nothing (in fact, that may have made it worse). I called a support number Microsoft gave me and it was probably the least helpful thing I've tried. For more context, look at the post I made before this one. Please help.

submitted by /u/starkat64
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/starkat64, Sep 4, 2020
  2. stevie Win User

Windows could not automatically detect this network’s proxy settings

@Compumind @Samuria

Hi - Just so you know, I'm marking this "problem solved". I found this online How to Solve the Windows Could Not Automatically Detect Network Proxy Settings Error. Doing the last step under #2 is what solved the problem. McAvee is still scanning incoming. McAvee & Malwarebytes still show no problems with a full scan. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

stevie, Sep 4, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Kosimek Win User

Network Detection Issues

Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

I have the same issue and nothing helps me either. Did everything I could find online, to no avail. I don't have issues connecting to the Internet but my MagicJack can no longer connect.

When I use Network Troubleshooter all it says is "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found"

Under Problems it just says "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" About as useless a message as anyone could expect and no suggestions on what else to do.

Given that I have tried everything under he sun I guess I am stuck with this?

Kosimek, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Network Detection Issues

1. Network Detection Issues - Similar Threads - Network Detection Issues

2. No network adapter detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No network adapter detected: I just did a fresh win 10 install on a new pc build. I wasn't able to do the full install due to no network detection. Once I got into windows, I troubleshoot the issue and the message "Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed...
  3. No network adapter detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network adapter detected: I just did a fresh win 10 install on a new pc build. I wasn't able to do the full install due to no network detection. Once I got into windows, I troubleshoot the issue and the message "Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed...
  4. network not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network not being detected: I am connected via wired connection and I have Windows 10. When I open my browser today I got an error says takes too long to respond then nothing will happen. I disconnect and re connect to network and it is still the same. I need a network on my PC. In my phone my network...
  5. network not being detected

network not being detected: I am connected via wired connection and I have Windows 10. When I open my browser today I got an error says takes too long to respond then nothing will happen. I disconnect and re connect to network and it is still the same. I need a network on my PC. In my phone my network...
  6. Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network

Issue with wifi connectivity, adapter not detecting wifi network: I am not able to connect to wifi as it is not getting detected. I have to then execute the netsh command and restart machine. This fixes the problem for some time however in few mins the connection is lost again. Can someone help how i can fix this. the problem has started...
  7. Network Adapter not detected

Network Adapter not detected: Hello, I just suddenly had a problem with the wifi on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Wifi network connections just stopped showing when I click on the Internet Access button. Instead of showing the three big buttons at the bottom Wi-Fi, Airplane Mode, and Mobile Hotspot, it...
  8. Network not detected

Network not detected: I have used to cmd to display network adapters and it says 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b but i know for sure that i can connect to both 2.4 and 5.0 as i have tested. i am currently using a broadband wifi that is 2.4. Sometimes it is not being detected when booting up and i need to...
  9. No networks detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No networks detected: i have tried everything, nut for some reason my home wifi network does not appear on when trying to connect to the internet, i have had this problem before but it came back now im on my desktop pc using a usb wifi card. i do have an ethernet cable so its not a massive...
  10. No Network Adapter Detected

No Network Adapter Detected: I decided to take the plunge and install win 10 on one of my machines. Used windows update to install build 10074 from windows 7. Everything seems to have worked fine except my network adapter (onboard Realtek thing) isn't being detected. Figured this might be a driver...