Windows 10: Network Device that I havent seen or added

Discus and support Network Device that I havent seen or added in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Its titled Amazon i have nothing amazon and its got a mac address model number of KFSUWI but i cant access it. whys it on my network is it a hacker?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jonB_646, Nov 23, 2018.

1. jonB_646 Win User

Network Device that I havent seen or added

Its titled Amazon i have nothing amazon and its got a mac address model number of KFSUWI but i cant access it. whys it on my network is it a hacker?

:)

jonB_646, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Carnivore Win User

What is this network device?

I woke my desktop PC from sleep this morning, clicked on Network and immediately spotted a Phone in the device list that doesn't belong to anyone here (a Blu brand phone which is unusual enough that I would know about it).

I clicked on the device and was able to view the MAC address, but nothing else useful. A couple minutes later it disappeared from the network list.

Then a few minutes later I went and looked at another PC on the same home network and saw the same phone in its Network list. It also disappeared a couple minutes after I clicked open 'Network'.

Scanned both PCs with various anti-malware programs including Malwarebytes - they look clean.

Any suggestions on what I was seeing, and if it's malicious how to deal with it?

UPDATE: It popped back up again. I checked my router's connection list and don't see it there. For now I blocked the MAC address in my router but would still like to know where this is coming from.

Carnivore, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Types of Networking Media/Benefits/Security

hey craigwhiteside, can you post your source on AES being cracked. i havent seen anything to suggest that is has been. TKIP has been, but only to the point of getting on the network, the data is still encrypted.

Hybrid_theory, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Network Device that I havent seen or added - Similar Threads - Network Device havent

2. Help please i havent seen anyone ask this or how to fix it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help please i havent seen anyone ask this or how to fix it: My Windows 10 computer keep thinking i have a DVD drive or something whenever i download some files it makes it into a dvd drive except i do not have a dvd player of any kind on my computer and wont let me access the files inside of the dvd drive please help...
  3. Help please i havent seen anyone ask this or how to fix it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please i havent seen anyone ask this or how to fix it: My Windows 10 computer keep thinking i have a DVD drive or something whenever i download some files it makes it into a dvd drive except i do not have a dvd player of any kind on my computer and wont let me access the files inside of the dvd drive please help...
  4. Help please i havent seen anyone ask this or how to fix it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adding Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding Device: How to add iphone 6 as device in my mircosoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-device/0aed1d9a-e1ba-46c5-8754-c05c7d5c1469
  6. Adding Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding Device: How to add iphone 6 as device in my mircosoft account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-device/0aed1d9a-e1ba-46c5-8754-c05c7d5c1469
  7. Adding Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Adding devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Adding devices: I have a Microsoft account allowing me to register up to 5 devices. I have 3 registered. I am trying to register another 2 but I'm getting the message that the system is not recognizing their serial numbers. What can I do?ThanksJerry...
  9. Adding a device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adding a device: I had no problem connecting my TV to my Surface, then the Surface no longer "sees" the TV when trying to add a device. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-device/f163f0c0-dfd6-46d6-9dea-da6700bcd9dd
  10. Adding Device

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding Device: I want to download whiteboard. I have added my laptop to Microsoft by going to my accounts and logging in into Microsoft. But when I try to download whiteboard, it says my device is not listed and suggests me to do things which I actually did....