Windows 10: Network devices missing from list in file manager

Discus and support Network devices missing from list in file manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I used to be able to click the network tab on the left pane and all my network devices, mainly Nas drives would show up. I can see them on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterMcDonnell, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Network devices missing from list in file manager

Hi,

I used to be able to click the network tab on the left pane and all my network devices, mainly Nas drives would show up. I can see them on the right pane, I have tried numerous troubleshooting suggestions but to no avail.

Network devices missing from list in file manager fd45d948-e833-4f50-9516-cd9cc6f5dab0?upload=true.png

:)

PeterMcDonnell, Jan 1, 2019

2. No hardware listed in Device manager?

I don't konw whathappend but in Device manager and in my Network connections there is nothing where there used to be a Modem listed and all my hardware in Device Manager. What happend and how do I fix this?

Network devices missing from list in file manager What%20the%20Crap.jpg

AphexDreamer, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are now listed under an "Unknown" tab in the Device Manager. A check of properties of each item in that folder says they are all working properly, but that obviously isn't the case. I tried uninstalling each of the 4 items, but when they are recognized again they still show up under the Unknown tab. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Network devices missing from list in file manager [​IMG]

putermaker, Jan 1, 2019
  4. AndreePin Win User

Network devices missing from list in file manager

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Network devices missing from list in file manager

1. Network devices missing from list in file manager - Similar Threads - Network devices missing

2. Devices missing from Network in File Exporer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Devices missing from Network in File Exporer: I have a small home network. Two wired desktop PCs, two wireless Surface tablets all on Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date and a wired server running OpenMediaVault. I’ve just added what will become a replacement server – same hardware, later version of OMV software. For a...
  3. Devices missing from Network in File Exporer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices missing from Network in File Exporer: I have a small home network. Two wired desktop PCs, two wireless Surface tablets all on Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date and a wired server running OpenMediaVault. I’ve just added what will become a replacement server – same hardware, later version of OMV software. For a...
  4. Devices missing from Network in File Exporer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth missing from device manager and notification list

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth missing from device manager and notification list: I'm having some trouble with windows lately and this is one of them: I've reinstalled Windows from Windows 10 Media Installation, and after the installation completed,the Bluetooth drive was missing, thus making my mouse and my speaker unusable. I have installed Intel...
  6. DVD/CD-Rom drives missing from Device Manager list

DVD/CD-Rom drives missing from Device Manager list: I've searched for the past couple of days trying to find a solution, but none of them have worked. It was originally on my device manager list, but I had a code 45 error and one of the solutions was to uninstall the drive then reboot. When I did that, I guess my system did...
  7. Network adapters are missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network adapters are missing from device manager: So I think my personal notebook was left on for a week or two and today when i opened it, there was no network + a few other things. 1) completely no network adapters (i dont use LAN, only wifi) 2) audio driver is installed but not working 3) mouse driver is not installed...
  8. Touch screen device is missing from device manager list

Touch screen device is missing from device manager list: Alright I have found that in the device manager all the touch screen device stuff is missing from the list. How do I get it back, so I can finally use my laptop's touch screen feature again?...
  9. Missing Network lists.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Network lists.: About 1 - 2 weeks ago my 2x PC's and 2x Laptops (all on windows 10) suddenly lost the ability to display available network lists. I have looked through numerous threads on the subject, and tried most of the suggested work arounds without success. I have made no software or...
  10. Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager

Network devices listed under Unknown in Device Manager: I have a Dell Inspiron M731R laptop upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home 64-Bit that suddenly quit connecting to the home network. Was using wireless, so switched to an Ethernet cable, but still no luck. I just discovered that ALL of the network-related devices are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 file manager missing network devices