Windows 10: Network discover issues after reset?

Discus and support Network discover issues after reset? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 2 PCs wired on same network. Primary PC is windows 11, secondary PC and Windows 10.They were able to discover each other on my network up until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zach_AB, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Zach_AB Win User

Network discover issues after reset?

I have 2 PCs wired on same network. Primary PC is windows 11, secondary PC and Windows 10.They were able to discover each other on my network up until I unenrolled from the Microsoft Insider Program on the primary pc. I've already scoured the support forums, network discovery is turned on on both PCs. File sharing enabled on the secondary PC and permissions granted for all on network to edit. I am able to see the primary PC on my secondary, but I cannot see the secondary from primary. I had this issue previously after upgrading the primary to Windows 11 until one day the secondary PC just mir

:)

Zach_AB, Jun 28, 2022
  2. Gino Des Win User

Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jun 28, 2022
  3. John Fer Win User
    Windows 10 Networking Issue: After Windows Reset I can connect to network but no internet

Thank you for the update. For us not to repeat the troubleshooting steps you've already performed, could you tell us the troubleshooting steps that you've already performed?

Also, we suggest trying to run the Network troubleshooter to help with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Network troubleshooter in the Cortana search box.
    • Then select Identify and repair network problems.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem.

Get back to us and give us an update.

John Fer, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Network discover issues after reset?

Network discovering

I have encountered this problem on a few occasions - I have changed my router

No error messages

I have tried switching the Media server off and on

I have examined the network options to ensure 'discover' is on

I have rebooted my Dell laptop and the router

I am using Version 1709 of Windows 10

MikeNiblett, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Network discover issues after reset?

1. Network discover issues after reset? - Similar Threads - Network discover issues

2. Windows 10 KB5027215 issues discovered minutes after release

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB5027215 issues discovered minutes after release: Windows 10 KB5027215 is the latest update for the operating system, set to retire in October 2025. This release doesn’t have many new features, but users have encountered many issues, including a bug where Windows Update takes over half an hour to install the patch....
  3. Network discover issues after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discover issues after reset?: I have 2 PCs wired on same network. Primary PC is windows 11, secondary PC and Windows 10.They were able to discover each other on my network up until I unenrolled from the Microsoft Insider Program on the primary pc. I've already scoured the support forums, network discovery...
  4. Network Reset Issue?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Reset Issue?: Today, I did a “network reset” on my Surface book. I was led to believe that everything would simply uninstall and reinstall the network adapters on my PC. However, after the restart, I can’t connect to internet at all. Troubleshoot says this is because there is a problem...
  5. can't discover other computer on network

can't discover other computer on network: I have spent a lot of time with 3 different techs at Microsoft trying to fix the lack of discovery on my wifi network. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-discover-other-computer-on-network/a9047407-7e56-4560-be00-48c28e979630
  6. Network Issues and resolution with "network reset" feature

Network Issues and resolution with "network reset" feature: Hello, I have a 40Mbps broadband network and I am the sole user. However, when I check the speed I am limited to 4-4.5 Mbps. So what? It could be an issue with the broadband ISP right? Well NO. When I do a "Network Reset", after which the PC restarts, the net speed...
  7. Issue after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issue after reset: Hello, l have reset windows 10 and “remove all data” and it has been more than 24 hours and it is still “ installing windows 64%” “your windows will restart several times” what should l do ?!...
  8. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?: Hello everyone, this issue has been driving me crazy but at least I can throw all my energy at it due to being home all the time now. I have a Desktop HP All-In-One running WIndows 10 set as "discoverable"connected to the internet through a Bell Home Hub 2000 Router. Wired...
  9. Network computers not being discovered

Network computers not being discovered: Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. I have 3 computers A and B and C as follows A Win 10 Pro ver 1803 (MAIN) B Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (SLAVE) C Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (NUC) all connected by ethernet cable to a switch, the switch is then ethernet connected to the...
  10. Network Discover issues

Network Discover issues: Three of my four workgroup PCs discover all the others, but one only discovers itself and one other. One of these has full access to all the shares on all the others, but none of the others have any access except to themselves and to the Netgear ReadyShare. I have...