Windows 10: Network Discover issues

Discus and support Network Discover issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Three of my four workgroup PCs discover all the others, but one only discovers itself and one other. One of these has full access to all the shares on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DunSys, Nov 5, 2018.

1. DunSys Win User

Network Discover issues

Three of my four workgroup PCs discover all the others, but one only discovers itself and one other. One of these has full access to all the shares on all the others, but none of the others have any access except to themselves and to the Netgear ReadyShare. I have researched this for weeks now. At one point every PC discovered every other PC but access was mixed. This event occurred immediately upon installation of a windows update to all the PCs. All are currently on Win 10 Pro (64 bit), Version 1803, Build 17134.345. All are set up identically in these respects: same private network and workgroup, discovery option settings, DNS Client and Functions Discovery services, and Windows Credentials. All have my primary Microsoft Account as an administrator UserID. The Windows credentials include a network address for each of the four PCs and uses my Microsoft Account user-name and password with persistence of Enterprise. It doesn't appear to matter whether the PC is cable connected or wireless. Attempts to access another PC via File Explorer through the Network folder result in error code 0x80070035. On occasion I noticed that changing one of the known parameters on one of the PCs, then doing a restart of that PC resulted in a successful access only to find access denied subsequently. Three of the PCs are Lenovo ThinkCentres and the other is a Lenovo ThinkPad. Currently the ThinkPad accesses everyone. A couple of weeks ago a different PC accessed everyone but the ThinkPad did not. What am I missing?

:)

DunSys, Nov 5, 2018

2. Network discovering

I have encountered this problem on a few occasions - I have changed my router

No error messages

I have tried switching the Media server off and on

I have examined the network options to ensure 'discover' is on

I have rebooted my Dell laptop and the router

I am using Version 1709 of Windows 10

MikeNiblett, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Network Discover issues

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Network Discover issues

1. Network Discover issues - Similar Threads - Network Discover issues

2. Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home wifi ssid does not appear in discovered networks: Recently win10 cannot find my home network SSID although it shows 3 neighbouring networks. I have done all the trouble shooting I could find and even updated the driver from the manufacturer website ,but nothing worked. My desktop is the only device that cannot see the SSID....
  3. Network discover issues after reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network discover issues after reset?: I have 2 PCs wired on same network. Primary PC is windows 11, secondary PC and Windows 10.They were able to discover each other on my network up until I unenrolled from the Microsoft Insider Program on the primary pc. I've already scoured the support forums, network discovery...
  4. Network discover issues after reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network discover issues after reset?: I have 2 PCs wired on same network. Primary PC is windows 11, secondary PC and Windows 10.They were able to discover each other on my network up until I unenrolled from the Microsoft Insider Program on the primary pc. I've already scoured the support forums, network discovery...
  5. 1 of 3 computers on my network will not discover the others.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1 of 3 computers on my network will not discover the others.: I have looked at every settings I could find, but one of my laptops will not "see" the other 2 computers on the network for file and printer sharing. Laptop #1 can see the desktop and other laptop, shared files and shared printers. Laptop #2 sees the desktop media device but...
  6. can't discover other computer on network

can't discover other computer on network: I have spent a lot of time with 3 different techs at Microsoft trying to fix the lack of discovery on my wifi network. Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-discover-other-computer-on-network/a9047407-7e56-4560-be00-48c28e979630
  7. Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?

Wired Laptop not discovered on Network ?: Hello everyone, this issue has been driving me crazy but at least I can throw all my energy at it due to being home all the time now. I have a Desktop HP All-In-One running WIndows 10 set as "discoverable"connected to the internet through a Bell Home Hub 2000 Router. Wired...
  8. unable to discover desktop computer on private network

unable to discover desktop computer on private network: I am unable to discover my desktop computer on private network. My desktop can access my laptop but not the otherway round. It used to be fully useable a few weeks ago....
  9. Network computers not being discovered

Network computers not being discovered: Hi, I really hope somebody can help me. I have 3 computers A and B and C as follows A Win 10 Pro ver 1803 (MAIN) B Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (SLAVE) C Win 10 Pro ver 1809 (NUC) all connected by ethernet cable to a switch, the switch is then ethernet connected to the...
  10. what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices:

what is 35848 - Error discovering network devices:: How do you fix a 35848 - Error discovering network devices: The requested service was not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-35848-error-discovering-network-devices/722e4cc6-20bf-4ed3-8c08-0d0c672eff67