Windows 10: Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10

Discus and support Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When connected in the same network as other devices, you can share the files and settings of your Windows 10 computer with the other connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Aug 27, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10

WinClub, Aug 27, 2020
  2. Paulo GM Win User
    Paulo GM, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    How to turn off router network discovery feature?

You can't do that short of making a VLAN with segregated network access because network discovery is up to the machines on the network you're connected to, not the router.

Aquinus, Aug 27, 2020
  4. phrab Win User

Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10

Thank you. Of the 4 things they mentioned, only Function Discovery Resource Publication was enabled. I enabled the last two, but the DNT Client is disabled & the dropdown box is greyed out. I'm not sure how to enable it.
    • DNS Client
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication
    • SSDP Discovery
    • UPnP Device Host

phrab, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Network discovery is turned off and not turning on in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Network discovery turned

2. Network Discovery is turned off...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Discovery is turned off...: One of my mini PC's a Beelink U55 kept getting this error msg stating that the network discovery is turned off, and I would lose connection to my NAS. However when checking network discovery in Advanced sharing settings, it was still turned on. I had researched several...
  3. network discovery is turned off.

network discovery is turned off.: I have the message "network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visable. Please turn on network discovery in Network and sharing Centre". How do I do this?...
  4. network discovery turned off message

in Windows 10 Customization
    network discovery turned off message: Why would I turn ON network discovery? I am sole user of this computer, connected to nothing except a mouse and a printer...no other computer. Surely the smart tv is not included in network discovery settings? The message suddenly popped up a moment ago so would be pleased...
  5. Message received: network discovery turned off

Message received: network discovery turned off: I am the sole user of a single pc, not connected to other pcs. Connected to printer and smart Tv. My pc turned itself on during the night, displayed this message: "Network discovery is turned off. Network computers and devices are not visible. Click to change in Network...
  6. windows 10 network discovery not turning on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 network discovery not turning on: as the title say i cant enable the network discovery every time i click on it it just resets and disables from within the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-network-discovery-not-turning-on/6d09b8ce-59ae-4b70-855f-03c5c5080490
  7. windows 10 network discovery not turning on

windows 10 network discovery not turning on: as the title say i cant enable the network discovery every time i click on it it just resets and disables from within the settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-network-discovery-not-turning-on/79171bbe-223f-4b8f-a055-8f08026e7cbc
  8. Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Off Bluetooth Discovery?: Hi, I turned off the bluetooth discoverable option in the bluetooth settings, but I can still discover it tested with my phone. Is there a way to actually disable discovery so other people can't see my laptop? Here are screenshots of my settings: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I...
  9. Network Discovery turning off

Network Discovery turning off: I am a Windows Admin and there is a user who is using a Dell 5530 Laptop running Win10 Pro 10.0.17763. She has access to domain network shared files. When she has the shared files open and the computer locks up, after a length of time and unlocks the computer, the files are...
  10. Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Network Discovery in Windows 10 By default, the first time you connect to a new network (wired or wireless), you will be prompted "Do you want to allow your PC to be discoverable by other PCs...