Windows 10: Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart

Discus and support Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Have two Windows 10 Home 1909 edition laptops connected to a work group switch.None of the devices are connected to internet just the laptops to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Geo_420, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Geo_420 Win User

Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart

Hi, Have two Windows 10 Home 1909 edition laptops connected to a work group switch.None of the devices are connected to internet just the laptops to the switch. I can turn on Network Discovery with no problem and it does not turn off automatically when the computers are still running. However, everytime the computers wakes from sleep or restarts, network discovery is turned off and I need to restart network discovery again. Firewall allows network discovery and I have tried to turn off firewall and antivirus to see if it was blocking network discovery. No difference is seen. I have checked tha

:)

Geo_420, Jul 28, 2021

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Jul 28, 2021
  3. KevinEA Win User
    Computer reboots instead of wakes from sleep

This made no difference. Upon trying to wake the computer, it goes into BIOS. The Windows boot drive is absent in the BIOS boot order list, so I have to turn the computer off, then reboot. Upon booting, any windows that were open prior to sleep are now
    closed (i.e., it is a cold boot, not a wake from sleep).

KevinEA, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart

updates messed up my network discovery and now my other network computers and hp printer not discovered

Thishis is helpful but not honestly the issue with Windows 10.

The problem is for Windows 10 to see ANY DEVICE or Network Device or Printer or USB drive is REBOOT!

But only after your suggestions. Example below of a posted thread I put on Facebook:

Let me get this straight please:

I have a Windows 95 and XP computer behind me and they see this computer on the network fine, but I have to reboot Windows 10 to see them?

Which OS sucks.........Windows 10 seems to be worse then Windows 95!!!!!!

You have to ask why do I need to Reboot Windows 10 at the drop of a hat to get anything done?

Windows 95 is better then Windows 10 as I did not have to REBOOT the Windows 95 Computer to see Windows 10!

My Gawd even a DOS machine is not this crappy! It sees the Windows 10 computer without a REBOOT!

Windows 10 is a clear step backwards in being backwards compatibility and function.

How did this product of Windows 10 ever make it out of the shop and onto our desktops?

RichardGilbertson, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart

1. Network Discovery needs to be turned on after waking up from sleep or rebooting from restart - Similar Threads - Network Discovery needs

2. No internet once the computer wakes up from sleep/restarts or turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet once the computer wakes up from sleep/restarts or turned on: I am using Windows 11 and the ethernet connection is lost every time the computer goes to sleep/restarts/turned on. It works only if the connection is disabled and enabled. Things tried so far-turning off the power management settings for the network adapter, disabling fast...
  3. No internet once the computer wakes up from sleep/restarts or turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet once the computer wakes up from sleep/restarts or turned on: I am using Windows 11 and the ethernet connection is lost every time the computer goes to sleep/restarts/turned on. It works only if the connection is disabled and enabled. Things tried so far-turning off the power management settings for the network adapter, disabling fast...
  4. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  5. Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display won't turn on after waking up from sleep.: What can I do if my laptop’s screen stays black after sleep? I try to wake it up but nothing shows up on the display no matter what key or button I press. The only thing that works is putting it back to sleep with the keyboard shortcut fn + esc, but when I try to wake it up...
  6. Laptop keep restarting after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keep restarting after waking up from sleep: Hi, my laptop keeps restarting after I put it in sleep mode, is there anything I could do to solve this? I have tried disabled fast boot and still no luck. i have updated bios to lat latest version.after I checked on event viewer, this what appears to be the causing and I...
  7. Reboot when trying to wake up from sleep

Reboot when trying to wake up from sleep: Hi! I have a Lenovo 330S 15ARR since last October, Windows 10 v1909. Sleeping and waking from sleep was working fine. Since a couple of months, I have the following problem. I noticed that when I try to wake the pc from sleep, it acts like I rebooted. I did some testings...
  8. After waking up from sleep

After waking up from sleep: After waking up from sleep, how do I require a password sign-in. I don't want anyone to wake up my computer and see my desktop. Want to require my password to be entered to get access....
  9. Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto-restart after wake up from sleep mode: My computer will 100% crash and restart after waking up from sleep mode. I have tried changing the PSU, set disk turnoff time to never and run sfc/ scannow. I am trying to access the minidump file, but there is none in the folder. Could anyone help me with this situation....
  10. Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer reboots constantly after waking up from hybrid sleep: When I sometimes wake the computer up from hybrid sleep, it reboots constantly until I would turn off the PSU and turn it on back again and then I power on my PC and it boots normally Why is this issue happening? 79244