Windows 10: "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer

Discus and support "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When opening File Explorer>This PC, I no longer see "Network" listed. It shows all available drives but not "Network". All available network hardware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by USAF1989, Mar 22, 2020.

1. USAF1989 Win User

"Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer

When opening File Explorer>This PC, I no longer see "Network" listed. It shows all available drives but not "Network".

All available network hardware is working and a second computer across the room is performing normally and seeing the network.

This has been going on for a few months. Just updated to W10 Ver 1909 OS Build 18363.720 but it did not fix the issue.

I have done all troubleshooting I can find but they only pertain to seeing network devices. I don't have a way to see devices in File Explorer.

:)

USAF1989, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Inkedxx Win User

NAS not appearing under Network in File Explorer - Automating the Fix

I have been having issues with my WD MyCloud NAS not showing up under Network on the left navigation pane of File Explorer. I am able to access the NAS by entering the host name (\\WDMYCLOUD) in the address bar in File Explorer. I was able to find a solution that fixes this and makes my NAS appear in Network as expected. The solution involved running Command Prompt as Admin, executing some commands, then restarting the computer.

What I would like to do is automate this process by creating a batch file that will:

1. Open Command Prompt as Admin
    2. Automatically enter specific commands
    3. Close Command Prompt
    4. Restart the computer

The problem is I don't know anything about how to code batch files in order to accomplish this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Inkedxx, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Network computers stopped appearing on file explorer network tab

Hello Stuart,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We appreciate your time and effort spent in troubleshooting the issue on your own.

I suggest you to run the network adapter troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Network Adapter,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window and check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persist, update the Network Adapter driver manually from
    Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 22, 2020
  4. "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer

Transferring files on network

Hi Bryan,

This could have happened due to advanced sharing settings. To resolve your issue, we suggest that follow the steps on this link:

Share files in File Explorer.

We suggest to follow the steps on this link to set up permission to share the file on a network or sharing files to another computer.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

"Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer

1. "Network" Does Not Appear on File Explorer - Similar Threads - Network Does Appear

2. External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer: I have a USB external hard drive that appears on my Windows Desktop under drive letter E. However, when I connect it to my Windows laptop it does not appear in the file explore or in the Disk Management.However, it does appear in the Device Manager and under 'Bluetooth and...
  3. External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer: I have a USB external hard drive that appears on my Windows Desktop under drive letter E. However, when I connect it to my Windows laptop it does not appear in the file explore or in the Disk Management.However, it does appear in the Device Manager and under 'Bluetooth and...
  4. External Hardrive Does Not Appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. File Count does not appear in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Count does not appear in File Explorer: In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I...
  6. File Count does not appear in File Explorer

File Count does not appear in File Explorer: In every version of Windows I have had including most recently Windows 10 there has been a file count in the lower left corner of Explorer. It shows the total number of files in the folder. If I highlight some files, it shows both the total number of files and the number I...
  7. File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer: Am using Windows 10 version 10 build 18362l.145 on three machines all on my Private Network. Machines 1 and 2 show each other in File Explorer/Network. But Machine 3 shows only itself there. 1 and 2 show 3 and can access 3 at will. Each machine has Network discovery turned...
  8. File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer

File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer: I have two computers on my private network, Dell-Desktop and Acer-Laptop. File Explorer on the Dell does not see the Acer. The Acer's File Explorer sees the Dell just fine and allows me to access the shared files on the Dell. I can, from the command line on the Dell, ping...
  9. Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer

Full Network Does Not Show in File Explorer: When I open File Explorer and click on the Network icon in the left margin, I see multiple devices but I do not see all of my PCs. I have 3 PCs (all running Win 10 home version) and on one of the PCs the only PC that shows is the PC that I am running File Explorer. On another...
  10. wmv file does not appear in Windows Explorer

wmv file does not appear in Windows Explorer: I am trying to convert a .wmv file to .mp4, however the .wmv file does not appear any time I browse for it. I know exactly where it is on my hard drive from a search I performed and it will open and play in the Windows 10 Movie and TV app. However it does not appear anywhere...