Windows 10: Network doesn't get internet connection and need to ipconfig /release and /renew

Discus and support Network doesn't get internet connection and need to ipconfig /release and /renew in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Almost every time I start my laptop I need to open cmd and need to release and renew, before I can get internet acces. The problem is probably... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tim van der Horst Dolfijn, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Network doesn't get internet connection and need to ipconfig /release and /renew

Hello,

Almost every time I start my laptop I need to open cmd and need to release and renew, before I can get internet acces. The problem is probably there for a few months.

I already updated the drivers of the network cards and my windows is up to date.

Laptop: Levono Legion Y520

Network adapters:

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Windows information:

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Installationdate 14-05-2018

Build of OS 17134.285

Serienumber PF0QW1BA

I hope you have a solution for me.

Kind Regards,

Tim.

:)

Tim van der Horst Dolfijn, Sep 16, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Releasing and Renewing IPconfig

My Dell Laptop is running Windows 10. Each time that I sign in, I must release and renew the ipconfig in Command Prompt to access the internet. How can this annoying problem be fixed?

ppowell550, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Network doesn't get internet connection and need to ipconfig /release and /renew

No internet since I tried to ipconfig /release

Hello everyone !

I was having some issues with my wi-fi (disconnect 2-3 times a day for 5 minutes) and started to look online for any solution. I found a common suggestion saying to open the command prompt and type:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

I typed ipconfig /release and it seemed to work but when I typed the second command I received:

"No operation can be performed on ethernet while it has its media disconnected"

Since that point, I cannot access Internet ! I'll try to add as many details as possible:

0) For all the steps bellow, I tried to restart my computer / router a bunch of times, before/after pretty much every step I made.

1) I tried to connect my computer directly to the router using an ethernet cable and then typed again the command ipconfig /renew to which I obtain this message:

"An error occurred while renewing interface ethernet: The RPC server is unavailable"

Just to add that I'm currently typing this message on a laptob connected to my router just fine using wifi and that I unplugged a computer that was working juste fine with the ethernet cable, to plug the main computer im currently having issues with. Therefore
    I assume the router and ethernet cable are working just fine.

Let me give you the most details I found concerning my internet connection:

- The wifi icon is no longer at the bottom right of my screen

- Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem

- When I open Network & Internet Status:

Network status is a line, followed by 4 dash, followed by a line. (was just fine before the /release)

When I click on show available network it gives me:

"Change settings, such as making a connection metered."

When I click on change adapter options, it gives me an empty folder

When I click on View your network properties, I get a list, one item on that list having for name "Ethernet'

every properties bellow is full and I have - Status: Operational, Connectivity: Disconnected

When I type ipconfig in the command prompt I get:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : blank

Link-local IPV6 Address . . . . . : full

Autoconfiguration IPV4 Address : full

Subnet Mask : full

Default Gateway: blank

(didn't want to write the exact address but the first and last one are missing, the 3 in the middle seems to have a correct value)

2) I saw a post on this forum suggesting to do

netsh winsock reset

netsh winsock reset catalog

netsh int ip stop

netsh int ip start

I tried the first 2 and worked perfectly, but when I type "netsh int ip stop", it tells me that the command wasn't found

Thanks a lot for your time, I tried to read as many question on here before before asking mine but I didn't find anything working and since I know the exact moment it stopped working I hope it's gonna be a little easier to fix.. (probably not).

Thanks a lot for anyone reading this !!

Alphonce_141, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Network doesn't get internet connection and need to ipconfig /release and /renew

1. Network doesn't get internet connection and need to ipconfig /release and /renew - Similar Threads - Network doesn't internet

2. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  3. Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ran the command "ipconfig /release" and then "ipconfig /renew" but renew will not work and...: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop with Windows 11 and is all up to date. I was running commands in Powershell 7 ran as admin for a class assignment and one was to run ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew, however, renew did not work and is saying my media is...
  4. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  5. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...: After trying everything to solve an issue with discord I did ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew and now I cant connect to my wifi as it does not find the ip adress...
  6. None of my devices can connect to the Wifi after I ipconfig/release ipconfig/renew to solve...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why do I have to keep performing the Ipconfig release and renew function to get my internet...

Why do I have to keep performing the Ipconfig release and renew function to get my internet...: Is it just me, or is Windows 11 affecting my internet connection? I've used Windows since Windows XP. In my experience, I've experienced more problems with internet connections on Windows 10 and now I have to release and renew the ip address numerous times a day in Windows...
  8. IPConfig /release and /renew throughout network

IPConfig /release and /renew throughout network: Hi, I apologise if this problem has been solved anywhere. I did do a search for it but there didn't seem to be any complete solutions as far as I could see. Around a week ago, a colleague's computer would not connect to the internet (although was connected to the...
  9. Need to cmd command prompt ipconfig release and renew

Need to cmd command prompt ipconfig release and renew: Hi, suddely I cannot get internet access unless I do the cmd command prompt ip config release and renew everytime I turn on laptop. This has just started after I purchased Malwarbytes Premium. Could it be connected, if not anyone have any solutions. Thanks 90804
  10. Limited Internet - Others can connect - IPConfig/Release doesn't work

Limited Internet - Others can connect - IPConfig/Release doesn't work: Thread title shows off most of my problems, whatever I do, I cannot use the internet, and it shows it off with a good old "Limited Connection" or "Limited Internet". While troubleshooting in CMD Prompt, "ipconfig/release" responds with "error occurred while releasing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ipconfig /renew doesnt work

2. ipconfig cmd doesnt open

3. i did ipconfig renew and nothing will connect

4. network error ipcongf renew is needed