Windows 10: Network Drive Connection Lost after Windows Update Version 2004

Discus and support Network Drive Connection Lost after Windows Update Version 2004 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I updated my desktop to the newest Windows 10 version 2004 just last week. Ever since the update, I have been experiencing network drive issue.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TL415, Oct 27, 2020.

1. TL415 Win User

Network Drive Connection Lost after Windows Update Version 2004

I updated my desktop to the newest Windows 10 version 2004 just last week. Ever since the update, I have been experiencing network drive issue. Normally when I start the desktop, it would automatically connect to one of my network drive Z: but now the connection is lost. I have to manually map the network drive to be able to access my files.

1. I got to "This PC" and find the drive. When I click "Map the Network Drive" the screen showed that the drive wasn't wrong. I have to select the correct Z drive under "Drive."

2. I could not select the same drive through "Browse" since it keeps telling me that "The specified network name is no longer available." see below image

3. I have to manually type in the Folder and connect. This step sometimes take several tries to connect.

4. When I shut down the computer and turn on the next day, I have to repeat these steps all over again.

5. I read another forum suggesting to uninstall the 2004 version, which I did. But the network drive connection issue is still there. I uninstalled the 2004 version for now but it doesn't help.

Does any one have a solution or did Microsoft release a new version to fix this issue?

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Network Drive Connection Lost after Windows Update Version 2004 5e2214a3-3bfc-4d2b-a0a8-b0eda2722692?upload=true.jpg

:)

TL415, Oct 27, 2020

2. New windows version 2004 Network error

We can't connect a shared drive from network, in addition could't call IP address together. Such error occurred after the Windows version 2004 updation. Mounted network can't be connected as well.

Rajeev C P, Oct 27, 2020
  3. 0x80070035 - Unable to access network devices / folders after upgrading to Windows 10 (2004 Version)

Hi,

After upgrading windows 7 to windows 10(2004 version), I am unable to connect to any network drive/devices.

Cannot join the computer to the domain

Cannot access the shared folder

Tried all the troubleshooting steps but no luck.

I think there's a bug in windows 10 2004 version update.

Error details are as follows:

Error Code: 0x80070035 - The network path was not found.

I did the manual windows update too, but no luck

FaheemMohammed, Oct 27, 2020
  4. rob1618 Win User

Lost internet connection after upgrading to Windows 10.

after downloading windows 10, i had no internet wifi connections. tried almost everything from community.

I downloaded talent driver network software to an

external drive using another computer and then ran the set up on non internet computer. Wifi networks reappeared and I was able to get on the internet and download some apps but connects lost by the next day when turned on computer, Again unable to get
    on internet and network adapters not listed. Talent driver software no longer effective.

tried INFO GROUND(/) STEP 1. NO CHANGED...no connections listed.

thanks fo trying to help. Any other suggestions

rob1618, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Network Drive Connection Lost after Windows Update Version 2004 - Similar Threads - Network Drive Connection

2. Lost my files in Windows.old after Win10 version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost my files in Windows.old after Win10 version 2004 update: Please help me, I lost all my work files in the Windows.old folder. My computer had some serious problems a while back and I was forced to reinstall window 10. I have backed up all my files then, but since all the files was kept in the Windows.old folder after reinstalling...
  3. Windows 10 version 2004 lost connection to a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 version 2004 lost connection to a network drive: My computer was working OK. Then we had a bad storm so I shut it down. I have a drive connected to my router that contains software and files used by both of my computers. One is a Microsoft Surface 6 and it connects OK to my network drive. My Desktop HP Envy 23 does not. In...
  4. Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update

Network Connectivity issue after 2004 update: We had this issue on our Dell Latitudes after we performed latest windows 10 2004 feature update where several applications such as Skype for Business & Outlook can't sense network connectivity until you disable and re-enable the network card interface as shown below:...
  5. Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

in Cortana
    Cortana after Windows version 2004 update: Before updating Cortana open apps, but after updating Cortana won't open apps. Why? In the future this will be fixed or not? Because without it Cortana really useless....
  6. BSoD after update to Version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...
  7. 2004 update and metered network connection

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2004 update and metered network connection: Previously while trying to update, it used to show how much download needed in MBs for update. Now how much needed is not shown. Only waits for permission to download in metered connection. Any help to know how much needed to download? 159050
  8. Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped

Version 2004 network issues when drives are mapped: Hi, Ive got quiet a few access points and switches dotted around. Couple of NAS drives. These work great. I map them as drive letters and all works great. Diff story for a couple drives connected to access point and routers USB port. If I map any folder on these drives they...
  9. lost keyboard after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost keyboard after 2004 update: using on screen keyboard to type. dell g3 laptop Uninstalled drivers for standard ps/2 keyword and hid keyboard drivers any help greatly appreciated mouse and TouchPad working fine...
  10. lost connection to a network drive

lost connection to a network drive: I recently formatted my computer. I have a HDD connected to my linksys EA6900 touter Since' I don't see the network HDD Other computers see the HDD How can I see it?...