Windows 10: (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

Discus and support (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi all, I'm having issues retaining connection to my network drives (home network Synology NAS) on reboot. To start: I believe this is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/combatbydesign, Sep 10, 2020.

1. (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

(Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect. aLAYuPo3GYbsB51-ezxh-MzBgE5fSfHs0d7zk0l86rk.jpg

Hi all,

I'm having issues retaining connection to my network drives (home network Synology NAS) on reboot.

To start: I believe this is a Windows problem, as I had the drives mapped to this same machine before I did a clean windows install.

I have no problems connection to, and exploring the drive initially, but when I reboot, and try to use the drive, I get this dialog (yes; "remember my credentials" is ticked) :

https://preview.redd.it/pbdq54de5dm...bp&s=ed5eda4c5ee1ef3761b0c522c59c54335f8ac97a

If I go to my network screen I can see the NAS, but when I try to explore it without disconnecting the mapped drive, this happens:

https://preview.redd.it/2nr63ayu5dm...bp&s=eb33c3d242f25efaaf63bde51381d523cb8219e3

When I unmap my drive, I can initially reconnect to the NAS as a machine/via the network screen, or as a mapped drive, and can also map the drive when I connect to the NAS via the network screen.

I've tried to connect using the NAS IP, I've tried using the ping script I found a few different places, and I tried changing my sharing settings, and I'm at a total loss...

Does anyone out there have any insight or experience with this?

Thanks in Advance
    - K

submitted by /u/combatbydesign
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/combatbydesign, Sep 10, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

'incorrect user name and password'

The netplwiz option is the same as I posted in post #2 below. If you check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box, do you still get this "incorrect user name and password" message?

Brink, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Brink Win User

No worries. (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect. :)

I just meant "at boot" as being before Windows startup screen after restarting the computer.

I'm glad to hear you have a workaround for now.

Just to verify, did you check the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box in netplwiz and click/tap on OK to see if you still get this "incorrect user name and password" message?

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Sep 10, 2020
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

(Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

Incorrect Password With Networked Computers

At work we have a PC that hosts all of the files everyone uses in the office. It used to have XP on it, as most of the PCs in the office do, but I put Windows 7 on it this time. Now I'm having a slight issue where everytime the XP computers log on, the first time they try and access the network drive they all get a window that says "Connect to \\Server\Data Files", then the actual message says "Incorrect password or unknown username for: \\Server\Data Files.

There is a place to type a username, which has NX02\Server at the moment, and if I type the correct password, it works and they can connect until they restart again. NX02 is the PC I'm on trying to connect to the Server.

I have a Windows 7 PC in the office I use and it doesn't have this problem. How can I resolve this? My coworkers think it's annoying.

OrbitzXT, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

(Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

1. (Network Drive) is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect. - Similar Threads - Network Drive accessible

2. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  3. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The user name or passwords is incorrect.": I'm in Chrome & want to delete passwords. I click on a password and a box titled "Windows Security" pops up. Beneath it is "Google Chrome is trying to show passwords. Type your Windows password to allow this." So, I type in my Windows password and receive the message "The...
  4. "The user name or passwords is incorrect."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Incorrect User Names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Incorrect User Names: When I transferred my system to a new computer, the user names are incorrect for my microsoft acct and I am unable some of my documents. How can I fix this?There is also an unknown account manager....
  6. Network Drive is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drive is not accessible: The user name or password is incorrect.: Hi all, I'm having issues retaining connection to my network drives home network Synology NAS on reboot. To start: I believe this is a Windows problem, as I had the drives mapped to this same machine before I did a clean windows install. I have no problems connection to,...
  7. Network name incorrect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network name incorrect: I had a Linksys router E1200 with LAN ports and WiFi 2.4 G that worked fine for years. A few months ago I needed to improve it to give more more features and chose a Linksys WRT3200ACM MU-MIMO that also includes 5GHz WiFi. Setup using the Linksys online method was more...
  8. Incorrect User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Incorrect User Name: I am the sole user of my PC and so I set it up to by-pass the password entry screen and boot straight into the start screen. Two weeks ago I started to receive an error message on start up. The message tells me that the username or password is incorrect, try again. When...
  9. The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen

The user name or password is incorrect at logon screen: Hi, I've installed Ubuntu side by side with Windows 10. After selecting to boot windows from grub bootloader I get a logon screen with the message: [img] When I press enter the logon process goes as usual I enter my password and login. How can I disable this...
  10. 'incorrect user name and password'

'incorrect user name and password': I am a beginner with windows 10. When I log in I now get 'incorrect user name and password' and I see I have now got two User Accounts in my own name. How do I get rid of the wrong one? (I'm sure this has been asked many times but I couldn't find it in FAQs). Since it...