Windows 10: Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed

Discus and support Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I work for a small charity and we have three windows 10 PCs that have a small network set up. This is primarily to use one MS Access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ValiantSaint, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed

Hello everyone. I work for a small charity and we have three windows 10 PCs that have a small network set up. This is primarily to use one MS Access database over the three machines.

If you try and access the database it doesn't work (only on the main PC, not the 2 slave ones)

I've attached two error messages if you try and click on the 'drive' in My Computer (and it is marked with a red X)

DSC 0377 — imgbb.com

DSC 0376 — imgbb.com

Many thanks in advance for the help.

:)

ValiantSaint, Sep 18, 2018

2. KB3185614 Not allowing Network Shared Drive Access

Hi Nivay,

To address your concern, we would like you to check the following:

• After updating, check your Network profile under Network and Sharing Center, make sure that it is set to Private and not Public.
    • If you are using a third party antivirus software, make sure that the
      Network drive
      is set to Trusted.
    • Ping the network drive and check if you're getting a reply.
    • Access the network drive through it's IP address via run field and not through the existing shortcut, then check if it is accessible.
    • If the network drive is accessible via IP address, we would suggest you to re-map the network drive and delete the previous one that has the red X mark.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Pin to Quick Access on a Mapped Network Drive

If you use the Network Locations wizard to add a network location / subfolder as above, then you can right click it and pin it to your quick access list. This then works.

Microsoft, it is definitely a Windows 10 / Samba bug though as if you try to quick add from a mapped network share on a Linux based NAS (QNAP in my case) then although the item appears in the quick access list (e.g. S:\Backups) when you click on it
    nothing happens. You have to browse the mapped drive, which defeats the purpose of a quick access list!

Please fix this as soon as possible as it is really annoying!

RevelationSky, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed

Unable to map Network Shares Windows 10

Hi,
    I've got 2 Western Digital Network drives hard wired on my network, a My Book World and an EX2.

Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've had intermittent problems viewing and setting network drives. I've read a lot of other posts and tried a number of things suggested without success. WD Support have run out of ideas.

The WD Discovery tool finds the Network drives, but the box to map network drive is greyed out. I can access the desktop control panel from my browser. If I try to add a network location the drives are not listed. If I try to add the drive letter L: \\WDMYCLOUDEX2\Public the network path is not found?

I have another Windows 10 computer on the network which can access the drives without issue - so it must be a setting on my PC. Tried disabling my Kaspersky security - still not being seen?

I suspect that this has been as a result of a windows upgrade?

Anybody had similar issues?

Stormstorr, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed

1. Network drive mapped as 'X' can be seen be not accessed - Similar Threads - Network drive mapped

2. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  3. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  4. Network drive mappings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive mappings: I have a vintage NAS: Blackarmor 220. I have to use drive mappings to access files on the drive because Microsoft decided I couldn't use what used to work. Periodically, a new version of Windows 11 is installed and all of my drive mappings to my NAS stop working. Often, I can...
  5. Mapping Network Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping Network Drives: Both my PC and my Wife's laptop are running Win 11 with no problems.I managed to map the laptop C drive to my PC but when I tried the other way around I accidentally mapped my public drive to her laptop.I have unmapped it; however, when I try to map my C drive to her laptop,...
  6. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping a network drive: I'm trying to connect to a webdav server via the "map network drive feature". I feel like i've had success in the past with entering https://192.168.1.45:5201<---- thats not a real link I can connect to it everywhere else... submitted by /u/rexlx [link] [comments]...
  7. Mapping a network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapping a network drive: I am trying to map a network drive from one Windows 10 PC to a shared USB drive on another Windows 10 PC. I have two USB drives in this PC. One I can share successfully. When I try to map to the other one it keeps asking for Windows credentials. I have password protected...
  8. I can access my network drive yet no shares are to be seen

I can access my network drive yet no shares are to be seen: I can access this Drive with windows Explorer. When I reboot machine it comes up and it asks me for a password and it connects. [img] The problem I have is I want to use everything search on that neworked drive yet I have no way to tell everything that this share exists....
  9. Map Network drive

Map Network drive: Having an issue with mapping network drive with my local Netgear device. The id/password for attaching to the netgear device is local to the device and is not joined to a domain. My windows 10 laptop is joined to a domain. When I try to map a drive, such as...
  10. Map Network Drive

Map Network Drive: What to do with the following error: "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: We can't sign you in with this credential because your domain isn't available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's network...