Windows 10: Network drive not detected

Discus and support Network drive not detected in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Brand new laptop Win10 is not detecting my seagate personal cloud external drive that is connected thru my wifi router..other computers in house, on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Terriakki, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Terriakki Win User

Network drive not detected

Brand new laptop Win10 is not detecting my seagate personal cloud external drive that is connected thru my wifi router..other computers in house, on same network detect it fine? Thanks!

:)

Terriakki, Jul 21, 2018

2. Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

Hi Rik,

We value your time and so we want to avoid repeating troubleshooting steps that were already performed. Kindly share with us the troubleshooting steps that you have done from your end.

In the mean time, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter to diagnose and fix network problems. Refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Under Change your network settings, click on Network troubleshooter.

Your reply is most important for us to assist you accordingly.

Patricia Yu, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Kosimek Win User
    Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings

I have the same issue and nothing helps me either. Did everything I could find online, to no avail. I don't have issues connecting to the Internet but my MagicJack can no longer connect.

When I use Network Troubleshooter all it says is "Troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found"

Under Problems it just says "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" About as useless a message as anyone could expect and no suggestions on what else to do.

Given that I have tried everything under he sun I guess I am stuck with this?

Kosimek, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Network drive not detected

Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Network drive not detected

1. Network drive not detected - Similar Threads - Network drive detected

2. No network adapter detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No network adapter detected: I just did a fresh win 10 install on a new pc build. I wasn't able to do the full install due to no network detection. Once I got into windows, I troubleshoot the issue and the message "Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed...
  3. No network adapter detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No network adapter detected: I just did a fresh win 10 install on a new pc build. I wasn't able to do the full install due to no network detection. Once I got into windows, I troubleshoot the issue and the message "Install a driver for your network adapter. Windows did not detect a properly installed...
  4. network not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network not being detected: I am connected via wired connection and I have Windows 10. When I open my browser today I got an error says takes too long to respond then nothing will happen. I disconnect and re connect to network and it is still the same. I need a network on my PC. In my phone my network...
  5. Network Adapter not detected

Network Adapter not detected: Hello, I just suddenly had a problem with the wifi on my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. Wifi network connections just stopped showing when I click on the Internet Access button. Instead of showing the three big buttons at the bottom Wi-Fi, Airplane Mode, and Mobile Hotspot, it...
  6. Network not detected

Network not detected: I have used to cmd to display network adapters and it says 802.11n 802.11g 802.11b but i know for sure that i can connect to both 2.4 and 5.0 as i have tested. i am currently using a broadband wifi that is 2.4. Sometimes it is not being detected when booting up and i need to...
  7. No networks detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No networks detected: i have tried everything, nut for some reason my home wifi network does not appear on when trying to connect to the internet, i have had this problem before but it came back now im on my desktop pc using a usb wifi card. i do have an ethernet cable so its not a massive...
  8. Network Detection Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Detection Issues: I made a post last night about a different issue which has now devolved into the one mentioned on the title. My computer is not detecting any networks. I have an Ethernet cord plugged in that it's not detecting, and the icon that shows it's not detecting any connection isn't...
  9. Network Attached Storage drive detected but no access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Attached Storage drive detected but no access: Hello, I have this screenshot below. I have an NAS drive, and I am having issues with accessing its content. I may have remembered what an IP address have meant, but what about its MAC addresses, and its DNS? Its purpose is to find out the NAS drive's IP, MAC, and DNS....
  10. Win 10 not detecting network drives when using certain network interface

Win 10 not detecting network drives when using certain network interface: Hi, I'm having trouble connecting my Laptop to several network devices (e.g. a NAS) when connected to the network via a docking station. The devices don't show up in the explorer's network tab and typing \\<hostname> or \\<ip> directly into the address bar yields the error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network drive not detected

2. detecting network drives

3. netword drive not detected