Windows 10: Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10

Discus and support Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Im trying to solve this problem for a while now. Mapped network drive Windows 7 cause file explorer to crash. The strange thing is that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Martynas-, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Martynas- Win User

Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10

Hello,

Im trying to solve this problem for a while now.

Mapped network drive Windows 7 cause file explorer to crash. The strange thing is that the problem only appears after cold start and can be solved by just restarting the computer. Also on other computers with different Windows build file explorer doesn't crash

Things I already did:

• Enabled SMB v1
    • Added ProviderFlags DWord with value of 1 in windows registry.

Relevant information:

Windows version 2004 OS Build 19041.450 - File explorer crashes

Windows version 1909 OS Build 18363.1016 - everything works fine

:)

Martynas-, Sep 2, 2020
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Sep 2, 2020
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10

Win 10 - File Explorer Crashes

I am having a similar problems:

- right clicking on drive, folders andy anything in Quick Access causes file explorer to close down, but right clicking on a file works OK.

- Win+E does not open file explorer, nor clicking on File Explorer from the Start menu. Clicking on File Explorer from Win+X does work.

I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro yesterday (everything else works fine, just problems as listed above). The laptop is a HP ZBook 17 G2 with NVidia Quadro K4100M video card.

JamesGunnZK, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10

1. Network drive Win 7 crashes files explorer Win 10 - Similar Threads - Network drive crashes

2. file explorer crash on win 10 + win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer crash on win 10 + win11: Hello,in the last 2 times I used windowswhile I'm browsing some of my folders especially photos folders, file explorer get crash hence lose all the open windows/tabsit happens a lot , it happens daily I saw that issue on win 10 then also on win 11so what's the problem and how...
  3. file explorer crash on win 10 + win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer crash on win 10 + win11: Hello,in the last 2 times I used windowswhile I'm browsing some of my folders especially photos folders, file explorer get crash hence lose all the open windows/tabsit happens a lot , it happens daily I saw that issue on win 10 then also on win 11so what's the problem and how...
  4. Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives?: Win Explorer shows my network as < empty > on one of my PC's A little background info. I have 2 PC's and 2 laptops connected on my home network, all running Win 10 and up until a few weeks ago, everything worked fine. Have not added any new software or changed any settings...
  5. File Explorer Search Win 10 vs Win 7

File Explorer Search Win 10 vs Win 7: In Win 7 file search, I could create custom searches by selecting multiple folders across multiple drives. For instance, I could search for "filename" in folders named "DATA" on drive F, G, H, I and J. and not bother with the first five drives, or the other stuff on those...
  6. File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10: Week ago File Explorer started to crash. It hapens all the time when I open two windows with different folders. Here is the problem description: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  7. How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10

How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10: I had asked this question previously and received an answer which somehow got deleted from my email. So please excuse the redundancy. I would like to network two computers. One has WIN 7 and the other WIN 10. As WIN 10 no longer supports home groups, I can't get them to see...
  8. Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives

Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives: Win Explorer shows my network as < empty > on one of my PC's A little background info. I have 2 PC's and 2 laptops connected on my home network, all running Win 10 and up until a few weeks ago, everything worked fine. Have not added any new software or changed any settings...
  9. Networking Win 10 with Win 7

Networking Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop PC and two laptops all running Win 7 and networked through my router. I'd like to upgrade one of the laptops to Win 10 as a trial starter for probable upgrade on all but do not wish to lose the network connection in the meantime. Is that going to be a problem...
  10. GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7

GPO Mapped network Drives mapping in Win 10 but not Win 7: I have a medium sized network running. We are currently migrating and updating our shared folder systems. The old system is running Win 2k8 R2 and still has the old mapped drives running what we haven't migrated. The new shared folders are on a new server Win 2012 R2 with a...