Windows 10: network drive

Discus and support network drive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello dears, i need to know network in network drive before format my laptop some one add my device as client machine to his network... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by samar aseel, Mar 22, 2020.

1. network drive

hello dears,

i need to know network in network drive before format my laptop some one add my device as client machine to his network

:)

samar aseel, Mar 22, 2020

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Mar 22, 2020
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile network drive :)

FLY3R, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

network drive

Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

network drive

1. network drive - Similar Threads - network drive

2. Trying to map a network drive on my Surface Pro 6

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to map a network drive on my Surface Pro 6: We are a 2 person office with a NAS for file sharing. We have moved our base home for the time being-we were accessing files via Splashtop at the office, but we decided since this will likely be a fairly long term situation, it was much more efficient to bring the NAS home....
  3. Query related to resetting credentials for network drive

Query related to resetting credentials for network drive: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  4. how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?

how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  5. All hard drives not displayed in Network

All hard drives not displayed in Network: Network work group: 1 W10 pc ver 1909 build 1863.720 1 W10 laptop ver 1909 build 1863.720 1 W7 pc The W10 pc can see all 3 hard drives on the W7 It can see the os hard drive on the laptop but does not see the data hard drive The W10 laptop can see all hard drives on the W7...
  6. cant share any folder/drive from my pc to my network

cant share any folder/drive from my pc to my network: i just made a new clean installation of windows (version 1909) and now for some reason i cant share anything on my network. i have an dune hd b1 mediaplayer connected to my network which i always used for accessing my shared files from my computer but i get the message "cant...
  7. Windows Defender - fails to scan network drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender - fails to scan network drives: I have regularly used Windows Defender to scan drives mapped from my network, using Custom scans. All of a sudden it won't do that any more: it accepts the instruction, but immediately returns saying it has scanned 0 files, found 0 problems, and taken 1 second. I have...
  8. Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Box Index Mapped Network Drives: Is it possible to be able to search mapped network drives in the search box? When I go to the indexing options I don't see it being an option. I rebuilt the search index already, too! I'd appreciate some type of solution! It'd be very useful to me. Thanks! submitted by...
  9. Is there a way to read a network drive's credentials from Windows 10?

Is there a way to read a network drive's credentials from Windows 10?: Apparently I forgot the password to my router (which I configured for a LOONG time and I don't want to do it all over again) and it uses the same credentials as the SMB it hosts. Can I get the password I typed in a while ago into Windows? submitted by /u/Inspector343...
  10. Not remounting network drive at startup

Not remounting network drive at startup: I've got a desktop with an NVMe drive. It starts up super quick, about 6 seconds cold boot. I've got a networked SMB LAN drive, B:\, but it's always not remounted after startup, I think because my desktop is too fast, no networking isn't fully connected when Windows tried to...