Windows 10: Network driver issues Please help!

Discus and support Network driver issues Please help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I recently received a new top end PC and am having some issues that I can't for the life of me resolve so I'm hoping you can all help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WillSK, Oct 30, 2015.

1. WillSK Win User

Network driver issues Please help!

Hi everyone.

I recently received a new top end PC and am having some issues that I can't for the life of me resolve so I'm hoping you can all help me out a bit.

My MoBo is an ASUS Maximus gene VIII Z170 board

I run my ethernet through homeplugs. These by default go into idle mode when there is no internet signal being used. On my old PC this was never an issue however on my new PC if the homeplug is idle on boot the PC won't recognise there is an ethernet cable attached.

To restart my internet I have to switch off the homeplug and turn it on again to get the PC to recognise the signal. Even then when the PC does recognise the signal I will get an unknown device appear in my device manager which I have since found to be "The Intel(R) Technology Access TAP Driver" which I then install again every time by manually directing the installer to the program data file.

Is there anyway to solve this so that the moment my PC boots it will start the intenret up as was always the case with my old PC

Please let me know if there's any more information I can provide.

Thanks,

Will

:)

WillSK, Oct 30, 2015

2. Network issues Please help!

Sounds like a network fault in you area to me.

It happened to me a couple of weeks ago on orange and they fixed it within 24 hours.

If you think it's the phone try your sim in another phone. If you think it's the sim or network fault call t-mobile, from a land line.

psychomania---01, Oct 30, 2015
  3. neemy Win User
    Network issues Please help!

Hi All,

Can someone please help me out with an issue...I haven't had any network since last night. I’ve done everything possible like switching off my phone, making sure my connections setting’s are proper but nothing seems to be working. I can't call or receive
    calls and web doesn't work?

I'm on T-mobile and I’m in a good location where I can get network just fine. Let me know if you guys need any more information! And I also just got the phone a week ago!!

Cheers!

neemy, Oct 30, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Maybe Windows Update installed generic Microsoft driver for the LAN card which doesn't work properly. Download latest LAN driver from manufacturer's site and install it. No need to be Windows 10 driver. A Windows 8 or 7 driver should work OK. Also update the chipset driver.

spapakons, Oct 31, 2015
  5. WillSK Win User
    did both of these and no luck unfortunately *Sad

WillSK, Oct 31, 2015
  6. spapakons Win User
    Unless I am looking at the wrong model, your motherboard is very new and it has Windows 10 drivers directly at hide any driver updates so they won't install and replace the working drivers.

I see both chipset and LAN are Intel devices. You could try downloading latest driver directly from Intel. According to the User Manual the LAN card is Intel I-219-v Gigabit Ethernet controller. Since your motherboard is new, latest chipset driver should be OK. This is in Software, Chipset software, Chipset software installation utility.

Unfortunatelly, there is no driver for the LAN adapter at Intel's site yet, which is a bit weird. However, the Windows 10 driver provided by Asus should work OK.

spapakons, Oct 31, 2015
  7. WillSK Win User
    Network driver issues Please help! [​IMG]

Network driver issues Please help! [​IMG]

Do I need to uninstall these first??

WillSK, Oct 31, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

Sorry, I was adding to my post while you replied. From the screenshot it looks like you have the drivers already installed. But it wouldn't hurt to download latest chipset driver directly from Intel (see my previous reply) and install it. Then install the Windows 10 LAN driver from Asus site (see my previous reply). It could fix any installation bugs and work. Needless to say that if you didn't install drivers but were installed automatically from Windows Update, they probably don't work well. Install manually the above drivers and you should be OK. No need to uninstall anything (you can't anyway). Installing newer drivers will replace them automatically.

spapakons, Oct 31, 2015
  9. WillSK Win User
    How do I know what chipset drivers to install. I've tried downloading the driver update utility in the past and running that but it finds nothing as if I have no intel devices on my PC

WillSK, Oct 31, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    You have on of the newest Intel chipsets on your motherboard, so the latest driver available should be OK. If you try installing an older version than already installed, the Utility simply quits. If you install a newer version it will replace most of the system devices and likely improve compatibility.

spapakons, Oct 31, 2015
  11. WillSK Win User
    Ok thanks, I tried running the chipset update i don't think it did anything but i then reinstalled the ethernet driver. will let you know what happens.

Any idea why everytime i get the internet working i need to reinstall Intel(R) Technology Access TAP Driver (NDIS 6.30) It always comes up as an unknown device and I have to prompt the PC to check program data to install the driver

WillSK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network driver issues Please help! - Similar Threads - Network driver issues

2. Driver issues please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver issues please help: I installed Ubuntu over my Windows install, and just now decided to install Windows again, and my drivers stuff is gone. I have a acer nitro AN515-55 with a GTX 1650Ti GPU and an intel core i5 10th gen something, how do I get nitrosense and all the other geforce stuff back???...
  3. Network issue in Windows 10. Please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue in Windows 10. Please help: Hello, I have a problem with my laptop Windows 10, which is: If the power goes out and comes back, I will not be able to connect to the Internet again, unless I restart the laptop.I hope you can help me, Thanks....
  4. Network drivers problem , please help !!

Network drivers problem , please help !!: Currently I'm using windows 10 pro on my hp x360 pavilion laptop , yesterday I found that my wifi was not working....I checked the driverIt was showing that wifi adapter aren't working .It's saying to reconnect hardware with computer.......I did everything , updation is...
  5. Please help me with a driver issue

Please help me with a driver issue: How do I revert to the original drivers. This shows up and I can't delete it. [ATTACH][ATTACH] Help would be greatly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-with-a-driver-issue/ba3e655e-b32e-4c3a-9826-22a132136611
  6. MTP Driver Issues. seriously, please help

MTP Driver Issues. seriously, please help: The Driver isn't available anymore. : All I want to do is have my phone pop up as a removable device so I can transfer files. As simple as it is, I took it for granted and now I can't do anything. I have done everything from re-installing? the INF's, to downloading Media...
  7. Missing network driver? Please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing network driver? Please help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The3rdMustache [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvq2fk/missing_network_driver_please_help/
  8. Please help. Xbox networking issues on pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help. Xbox networking issues on pc.: I was trying to play cod mw with my friend whose on xbox and the xbox game bars party was not working AT ALL. Now me being the dummy i am i try to and fix this problem with the power of google. I went into apps and reset the xbox app, game bar and stuff. This didnt fix...
  9. Network issue! Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issue! Please help!: I am trying to share drives from one PC to another. Both running windows 10 pro. Both Ethernet through a router. Have shared a drive... have granted access to everyone.... Computers see each other. But if click on either CPU.. I get the dreaded... Windows cannot access\\...
  10. Audio driver issues, Please help

Audio driver issues, Please help: Hi, this is my first time posting and I thought i could solve this issue but its really starting to annoy me. Basically when you change the volume in youtube or similar things like spotify, even if its almost silent, the sound becomes louder on its own. The volume on youtube...