Windows 10: network drivers? ip configuration? updates?

Discus and support network drivers? ip configuration? updates? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I enable my drivers, ethernet or wifi realtech drivers on my desktop, the internet dies. it tells me connected without internet on all other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by virgilWashington, Oct 26, 2021.

1. network drivers? ip configuration? updates?

when I enable my drivers, ethernet or wifi realtech drivers on my desktop, the internet dies. it tells me connected without internet on all other devices. it used to fix itself on the troubleshooting and tell me that ethernet ip adress invalid, "fixed." it stays connected now, but my ping is 800+ and 0 download speed. as soon I disable my internet drivers, the rest of my devices work. i've reset my ip, flushed dns, picked up a vpn, updated drivers, uninstalled them and reinstalled them, disabled my firewall. the connection is wrong somewhere in my desktop network. i've tried so many thi

:)

virgilWashington, Oct 26, 2021

2. WiFi IP Configuration

OK Charlie...I'm back.

A 20-min u-tube video by Britec took me through the following steps:

• Windows Network Diagnostics: Not Fixed...problem with wireless adapter or access point; "wifi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

• Network Reset

• Network Adapters:
      • 1) update driver Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6235 version 15.16.0.2.
      • 2) enable/disable driver
      • 3) uninstall driver
      • 4) roll back driver
      • 5) re-updated driver

One note of interest to me was I got sidetracked into the events log and noticed the following...

• Series of events on 13-JUN (I'm wondering if this might be from last time Microsoft pushed a version update???)
      • Device install requested
      • device migrated
      • device configured (netwew01.inf)
      • device installed (netwew01.inf_amd6..........)
      • device started (NETwNe64)
    • Similar series of events occurring several times in the past few days (I believe resulting from troubleshooting activities)
      • device configured (netwew01.inf)
      • device installed (netwew00.inf_amd6.......)
      • device not started (NETwNe64)
    • Similar series of events today (activities from Britec video)
      • device deleted
      • device install requested
      • device not migrated
      • device configured
      • device started
    • Similar series of events today
      • device not migrated
      • device configured (oem66.inf)
      • device not started
      • device installed
      • device not migrated
      • device configured
      • device not started
      • device installed
    So there was one series two days ago where the device didn't start and the last series today it appears to have configured a different .inf device

• Restart in Safe Mode

• Confirm WLAN Auto Config was in Running Mode

• Command Prompts to:
      • Reset Winsock
      • Reset IP Release
      • Review & Flush DN

• Fn Wi-Fi Key on

After all this Britec said if Wi-Fi still wasn't working that there must be something really sinister in the programming or else a hardware failure (most likely Wi-Fi card)

I'm still baffled by the fitbit thing affecting only one connection at a time (home then apartment) and then the guest network at work (without any fitbit thing going on)?

Unless you have any other ideas, I'm ready to cry Uncle and take it to the Geek Squad and get a new wifi card.

Appreciate any feedback you have to offer

Regards - Jim

STemplar007, Oct 26, 2021
  3. rez001 Win User
    IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

network drivers? ip configuration? updates? [​IMG]

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Jose Est Win User

network drivers? ip configuration? updates?

No Valid IP Configuration?

Hi,

Based from your description, one thing is evident, the wireless adapter could be having an issue keeping the IP settings since you need to use
    ipconfig /release and ipconfig/renew every day to resolve your connection issue.

Aside from the commands: ipconfig /release and ipconfig/renew,
    one of the simplest ways to fix this issue is to use the netsh command. To do that, follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands one at a a time and hit Enter after each command:
      • netsh winsock reset
      • netsh int ip reset

We also strongly suggest setting your IP address and DNS servers to obtain automatically so the laptop will receive the same settings from the router. Check out this
    link for instructions on how to change the TCP/IP settings.

In addition, we recommend updating the driver for your laptop's wireless network adapter by following the procedures under the "To check for the latest drivers" section found on this
    article.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jose Est, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

network drivers? ip configuration? updates?

1. network drivers? ip configuration? updates? - Similar Threads - network drivers configuration

2. "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration": ————————————————————————–NOTE: I am using LAN, i can't connect wirelessly.————————————————————————–Im boooting up, trying to browse YouTube for some videos, but there i don't have Internet connection. When i check the "Networks" tab i forgot what's it called on the bottom bar...
  3. "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration": ————————————————————————–NOTE: I am using LAN, i can't connect wirelessly.————————————————————————–Im boooting up, trying to browse YouTube for some videos, but there i don't have Internet connection. When i check the "Networks" tab i forgot what's it called on the bottom bar...
  4. "Unidentified network" "Invalid IP configuration"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. network drivers? ip configuration? updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network drivers? ip configuration? updates?: when I enable my drivers, ethernet or wifi realtech drivers on my desktop, the internet dies. it tells me connected without internet on all other devices. it used to fix itself on the troubleshooting and tell me that ethernet ip adress invalid, "fixed." it stays connected...
  6. network drivers? ip configuration? updates?

network drivers? ip configuration? updates?: when I enable my drivers, ethernet or wifi realtech drivers on my desktop, the internet dies. it tells me connected without internet on all other devices. it used to fix itself on the troubleshooting and tell me that ethernet ip adress invalid, "fixed." it stays connected...
  7. IP configuration

IP configuration: I have an invalid ethernet IP configuration How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-configuration/68dba2ae-b177-4474-8934-e933563f839c
  8. IP Configuration

IP Configuration: I installed latest Windows 10 update and now cannot connect via ethernet network. I get the message "Ethernet Does Not Have A Valid IP Configuration"! I have rebooted, restarted, reloaded drivers, spoke to ISP and all points to latest update - Can ANYONE help?...
  9. Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address

Unidentified Network, ip configuration is invalid, 169 IP address: I cant connect to the internet i tried everything online nothing works help!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/unidentified-network-ip-configuration-is-invalid/55cb42e1-df20-449c-8f48-7d18bd9dbb8e
  10. Configuring Network Adapter for fixed IP address

Configuring Network Adapter for fixed IP address: I've just changed ISP and their supplied router (BT SmartHub) has an IP address of 192.168.1.254 whereas my previous router (ASUS RT-AC87U) was at 192.168.1.1 My Windows 10 PC is configured with a fixed IP address, using 192.168.1.1 and this caused me some head-scratching....