Windows 10: Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install

Discus and support Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem. Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fleet Command, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem.

Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long time to get installed. This includes the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility driver, TAP-Windows Adaptor V9, and ... most importantly ... various Hyper-V network drivers, i.e. Virtual Switch, Virtual Extension, Virtual Adaptor, etc.

And while I might have had the patience to wait 15+ minutes, some apps, like Hyper-V Manager don't. They bail with an error message.

Steps that I have followed to troubleshoot this issue:

• Running various Windows and Microsoft Support troubleshooters
    • Resetting the network configuration, both via Setting and via netcfg -d
    • Uninstalling all apps that install a network adaptor and starting over from zero
    • Updating Windows

:)

Fleet Command, Jul 31, 2020

2. Network takes a long time to connect.

I have a DELL Latitude E6410 running Windows 7 SP1 Professional, 4GB RAM. It has
    always taken 90 seconds to connect to the wireless network. I did a clean boot as suggested here. In fact, my case.is very similar to the post at this
    address
    . But it only knocked about 15 seconds off of the time it takes to connect. When I boot in Safe Mode, it connects within seconds.

The network adapter used is the DW1520 Wireless-N WLAN Half Mini Card manufactured by Broadcom. Its driver was released on 1/21/2010 and the version is 5.60.48.35. The routers are only a few years old and are supplied by Cisco. They look like smoke
    detectors w/no visible antennas.

I have sent my A/V company e-mails about this because the firewall is only enabled when Windows connects to the WiFi network. I think they are becoming frustrated. A rep made reference to the Base Filtering Engine (BFE), but I do not think it is
    a relevant issue.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated so I can enjoy a faster connection time and tell my A/V vendor the steps I took in troubleshooting this issue.

Thank you for your time

WindowsFanx64, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

Was "a couple weeks ago" just after installation of the AU? If so, I'd suggest a clean reinstall.

pokeefe0001, Jul 31, 2020
  4. ceisthelp Win User

Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install

Phone takes a long time to discover network

How long is a while?

My WP8 doesnt take long to discover the network. Maybe you are in a poor signal area. Perhaps, create a back up of your phone and do a hard reset to see if it improves the length of time it takes to find the network.

ceisthelp, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install

1. Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install - Similar Threads - Network drivers long

2. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  3. Applications take long time to install/open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications take long time to install/open: I have fresh windows on fresh very powerful computer so this shouldn't be the case but trying to open any installer of any app takes forever like 5 minutes and applications are sluggish to open. Idle resources are low meaning that there is nothing slowing down the computer....
  4. networks off every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    networks off every 15 minutes: I have a desktop and connected properly via wired connection. The desktop keeps on disconnecting to my router almost every 15 minutes. I checked my laptop and it is properly connected without having problem. I tried to unplug and plug back in the cable but remains the same....
  5. Win 10 login takes 15 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 login takes 15 minutes: My Windows 10 system takes approx 15 min to boot 2 min and logon 13 min. The time has been gradually increasing for sever months. During this time there is continuous disk activity, as shown by the front panel LED.I want to determine the causes of this delay, and fix the...
  6. welcome screen taking 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    welcome screen taking 15 minutes: when i startup my pc it takes 15 minutes to get past the login/welcome screen beacause its stuck on the welcome load thing i dont know if this is normal altho i have used 1.3 tb of my 2 tb hhd...
  7. SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown

SSD takes a long time 5 minutes to boot after a shutdown: This only applies if I use the shutdown button to forcibly turn the computer off. If I shut it down using the interface, it turns on quickly as usual....
  8. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  9. Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes)

Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes): Hello, i want to ask about my laptop that run on windows 10 home, version 1803. I just bought this new laptop, at first it was fine, but after about a week it started to have problem that it takes time too long than normal when it is restarted or booted. I have tried multiple...
  10. Login takes a long time

Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...