Windows 10: Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install

Discus and support Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem. Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fleet Command, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 20H1 and I have a problem.

Any network driver that is listed under Network adaptors in Device Manager takes a very long time to get installed. This includes the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility driver, TAP-Windows Adaptor V9, and ... most importantly ... various Hyper-V network drivers, i.e. Virtual Switch, Virtual Extension, Virtual Adaptor, etc.

And while I might have had the patience to wait 15+ minutes, some apps, like Hyper-V Manager don't. They bail with an error message.

Steps that I have followed to troubleshoot this issue:

• Running various Windows and Microsoft Support troubleshooters
    • Resetting the network configuration, both via Setting and via netcfg -d
    • Uninstalling all apps that install a network adaptor and starting over from zero
    • Updating Windows

:)

Fleet Command, Jul 31, 2020

2. Network takes a long time to connect.

I have a DELL Latitude E6410 running Windows 7 SP1 Professional, 4GB RAM. It has
    always taken 90 seconds to connect to the wireless network. I did a clean boot as suggested here. In fact, my case.is very similar to the post at this
    address
    . But it only knocked about 15 seconds off of the time it takes to connect. When I boot in Safe Mode, it connects within seconds.

The network adapter used is the DW1520 Wireless-N WLAN Half Mini Card manufactured by Broadcom. Its driver was released on 1/21/2010 and the version is 5.60.48.35. The routers are only a few years old and are supplied by Cisco. They look like smoke
    detectors w/no visible antennas.

I have sent my A/V company e-mails about this because the firewall is only enabled when Windows connects to the WiFi network. I think they are becoming frustrated. A rep made reference to the Base Filtering Engine (BFE), but I do not think it is
    a relevant issue.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated so I can enjoy a faster connection time and tell my A/V vendor the steps I took in troubleshooting this issue.

Thank you for your time

WindowsFanx64, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 takes a LONG time to login

Was "a couple weeks ago" just after installation of the AU? If so, I'd suggest a clean reinstall.

pokeefe0001, Jul 31, 2020
  4. ceisthelp Win User

Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install

Phone takes a long time to discover network

How long is a while?

My WP8 doesnt take long to discover the network. Maybe you are in a poor signal area. Perhaps, create a back up of your phone and do a hard reset to see if it improves the length of time it takes to find the network.

ceisthelp, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install

1. Network drivers take a long time 15+ minutes to install - Similar Threads - Network drivers long

2. My scanner takes such a long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My scanner takes such a long time: my scanner takes such a long time * Moved from Office/Outlook/Win 10 * Original title: paper port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-scanner-takes-such-a-long-time/bc2c1af7-dc9c-4028-8318-c5906bae2bc0
  3. Taking too long time to Refresh.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taking too long time to Refresh.: I recently got virus in my system,I decided to reset my PC.Still virus has left it marks.But windows defender is trying hard to block.Whenever I want to refresh,it takes too long time.Can u help me to resolve this....
  4. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  5. Windows Update - Taking long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  6. desktop taking long time to refresh

desktop taking long time to refresh: hello ,this is mohan , my lap which is installed with windows 10 is taking more than 3 minutes to refresh on the desktop ....so please anyone can give a suggestion to solve this problem ....
  7. Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restart/boot time takes long time (more than 30 minutes): Hello, i want to ask about my laptop that run on windows 10 home, version 1803. I just bought this new laptop, at first it was fine, but after about a week it started to have problem that it takes time too long than normal when it is restarted or booted. I have tried multiple...
  8. w10 takes a long time to boot

w10 takes a long time to boot: My w10 takes a long time to boot, the desktop apps load , then grey out and load again along with the apps pinned to start bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-takes-a-long-time-to-boot/63448655-da7a-4382-add5-07bcbccd81f0
  9. System Restore taking a long time

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Restore taking a long time: I am trying to use system restore but the screen has said that it is restoring the system for a very long time. My old windows XP computer seemed to do it very quickly. Do I just wait ? Would turning the computer off cause problems ? 65203
  10. Login takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...