Windows 10: Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update

Discus and support Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My network drives have been working great, UNTIL the most recent update. Actually it is the shortcuts to the network drives that will not work, even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LarryDickerson2, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update

My network drives have been working great, UNTIL the most recent update. Actually it is the shortcuts to the network drives that will not work, even after repeated rebooting. The path to the network drive (example: \\My-Server\MyFiles) is correct. I can use the windows + R key (run), type the network address in and it works fine and after I do that, amazing the shortcut keys works as well.

At first I thought I was overlooking something stupid like spelling or an incorrect address. That was not the case.

This only occurs when going from a windows 10 machine to a windows 10 machine. I have files located on some old backup servers running Win7 and an even older one running XP. Access to those files is perfect either though a shortcut key or a mapped drive. Nor do those drives disconnect or fail to reconnect on startup of this Windows 10 machine.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this type of connection failure? I will add that once I DO reconnect using the run command I can stay connected until the next time I have to reboot. Then I have to do this all over again.

Both Windows 10 machines are Lenovo 90HV0005US x64 running under Intell i7-8700 @ 3.20 Mhz. The Bios is 03QKT10A

:)

LarryDickerson2, Oct 8, 2018
  2. little cat, Oct 8, 2018
  3. How do I reconnect my file history drive

Hi Mattie,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if File History drive has been disconnected for too long.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to reconnect the File history drive.

Reconnect your File History drive:

• You’ll see this message if your File History drive has been disconnected for too long. If you’re backing up to an external drive (such as a USB drive), make sure that it’s connected to your PC. If you’re backing up to a network location, go to
      Settings > Update & security > Backup and reselect the network.
    • After you’ve reconnected, wait for the next scheduled backup or start a backup manually by selecting
      Settings > Update & security > Backup > More options > Back up now.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with reconnecting File History, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 8, 2018
  4. GaryBetty Win User

Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update

How to reconnect file history drive? Windows 10

I cannot reconnect my file history file drive

GaryBetty, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update

1. Network drives not reconnecting after October Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Network drives reconnecting

2. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  3. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    reconnect network drives: I have a NAS box that provides three network drives X,Y,Z at 192.168.1.24if its not abvailable at start up the drives dont get connected. I have a batch file as follows that connects them if I run it when the NAS is on;@ECHO OFF net use * /d /yECHO reconnectingnet use X:...
  4. reconnect network drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. mapped network drives not reconnecting

mapped network drives not reconnecting: I have a NAS box with folders mapped as X, Y, Z. Windows 10 Home 20H2 build 19042.630 I've followed the steps here https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4471218/mapped-network-drive-may-fail-to-reconnect-in-windows-10-version-1809 The drives still fail to connect....
  6. Network Drives will not reconnect at start up for Windows 10 - October 2020

Network Drives will not reconnect at start up for Windows 10 - October 2020: So, I have read many articles about the network drives not reconnecting at start up for Windows 10 in 2018 and have seen those work arounds. Recently my Windows updated on 2 of my computers and now they do not reconnect to the network drive at start up. There is the...
  7. Cannot connect all network drives after October update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot connect all network drives after October update: Noticed after the October update, when I login to my pc, it throws a "cannot connect to all network drives" error at me. I go into explorer, double click the mapped drives, and it's all there, fine, but it's some reconnect issue at login. drives from my pc to windows 2012R2...
  8. Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update: Hi, Since upgrading my win 10 pro machines in the office to the October update their mapped drives (controlled by group policy) are not automatically reconnecting on login. The users are having to manually double click the mapped drives to get them to reconnect. The...
  9. Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update

Windows 10 Not reconnecting mapped network drives post October Update: Hi, Since upgrading my win 10 pro machines in the office to the October update their mapped drives (controlled by group policy) are not automatically reconnecting on login. The users are having to manually double click the mapped drives to get them to reconnect. The...
  10. a network drive will not reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    a network drive will not reconnect: I cannot reconnect a network drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-network-drive-will-not-reconnect/9208f7b9-da0b-4542-b1b4-f5831b1fab30

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reconnect network drive windows 10

2. cannot reconnect network drive windows 10 after upgrade

3. network drives not reconnecting windows 10

4. windows 10 some mapped drives no reconnecting automatically,
  5. network drive not reconnecting windows 10,
  6. 1809 could not reconnect all network