Windows 10: Network driving me to drinking!

Discus and support Network driving me to drinking! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 computers: A-Win7, B-7Win and C-Win10. When all computers were Win7, everything worked great. Now I got a mess. A-Win can see and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anaron, Mar 7, 2016.

1. anaron Win User

Network driving me to drinking!

I have 3 computers: A-Win7, B-7Win and C-Win10.

When all computers were Win7, everything worked great.
    Now I got a mess.

A-Win can see and access B-Win7 and C-Win10
    B-Win can see and access C-Win10 but not A-Win7
    C-Win10 cannot see either B-Win7 and C-Win10

Probably going to be something real simple that I have missed!
    Ron

:)

anaron, Mar 7, 2016
  2. Brenda Woollard, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Microsoft is a short drive to drink...

Being ancient and able to play on the computer and not do much of anything drastic,

I was afraid to try anything that involved the registry. So I decided to contact Microsoft

and ask how to remove that annoying pop-up.

One of their technicians responded - offered to go into my computer remotely and remove that annoying windows 10 advertisement.

They tried - for over 2 hours to get that damn thing out of my computer. Would get it out and reboot and it would be right back again. I finally said - give up on it.

I figured this person knew much better than I what to do inside my computer but he had

no luck removing it permanently.

I've had computers since the days of Win 3.1. I have gone through more versions of Windows than I care to remember - including that Millenium horror and every time windows have come up with a newer system - there has been something I have had to purchase
    all over again ( scanner, printer, web cam, etc) because it would not work with the 'newer' windows.

I am at the point in life where I am fed up with having lost so many games I loved and had

to replace so many things every couple of years.

Next computer I get will not have windows or anything to do with microsoft. They have cost me about $10,000 over the last 20 + years I figure and every second year or so there is more frustration having to install new operating systems and change virus
    programs . I am too damn old to keep dealing with this and as an OAP cannot afford to keep replacing and changing thing.

Wish the rest of you - good luck.

StephanieC., Mar 7, 2016
  4. Dadicator Win User

YES it might be simple but it is still going to require troubleshooting. . .
    1. All machines must be on the same network (basics) Go to Network and Sharing => Change adapter settings => Right click on each one => Status => Details => Look at IP Address (Confirm all three machines are on the same network) including Subnet Mask
    2. All machines must have unique User and Password for each machine
    (Windows 10 will not connect to machine without User and Password)
    3. See if DHCP is working / Check Router
    4. Once the Machines show up in the Network --- Now it time to deal with permission's

Dadicator, Mar 7, 2016
  5. anaron Win User
    Rebooted win10 computer to the windows 7 hard drive and all the network is up and running so it is something in Win 10.

All the computers have is same address and subnet
    Dhcp is working
    Username/password would not keep the Win10 from seeing other computer. I don't think I have ever setup a username/password for any of my computers.

anaron, Mar 7, 2016
  6. anaron Win User
    Ok! In Network and Sharing - View our active networks - it shows the Network to be Private network. The other computers shows it to be Work network.
    Got to be the problem. Now to research how to change it!

anaron, Mar 8, 2016
  7. Dadicator Win User
    Control Panel => System => Advanced System Settings => Computer Name => Change "WorkGroup" or your "HomeGroup" --- All Computers on your Local network should have the Group Title. . .

Dadicator, Mar 8, 2016
  8. anaron Win User

I did change all to homegroup as the win10 Home apparently has an issue with workgroup and everything was working UNTIL I rebooted the machine only to have it began an update. I left and came back about 4 hours later to find the screen show "update 100% complete - please do not turn off your computer". Just my luck, got hit with KB3140743 update! But that is a whole different beast that I won't go into. However I am now back on the win 7 hard drives and evaluatiny my options with the windows update issue.

I really appreciate your help but as of now, the network problem is no issue.

anaron, Mar 9, 2016
  9. Dadicator Win User

Dadicator, Mar 10, 2016
  10. anaron Win User
    Reboot a least a dozen times to no avail. Got the same flashing circle in the middle of the screen. Could not get it to load Win 10. Time for another clean install. I am experiencing too many issues for me to drop 7 and go full time 10 as this system is for our business. I will continue to play with it on a separate hd so that it will not affect my stable Win 7 system and maybe one day I can get it to run as great as Windows 7 has and still is.

anaron, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Network driving me to drinking! - Similar Threads - Network driving drinking

2. All Soft Drink No Eye Time-lapse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Soft Drink No Eye Time-lapse: Futrjdhzk6i4rhdes7oih63e4dsik7r4h https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-soft-drink-no-eye-time-lapse/fa6c39fd-5653-4b49-ad88-6dff92ab9f50
  3. Drink Pepsi No Eye Time-lapse No

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drink Pepsi No Eye Time-lapse No: Rtfjmhyjddrrfjysdhmur https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drink-pepsi-no-eye-time-lapse-no/7a284700-3cf5-412f-8ece-da941660597c
  4. Drink Pepsi No Eye Time-lapse No

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drink Pepsi No Eye Time-lapse No: Rtfjmhyjddrrfjysdhmur https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drink-pepsi-no-eye-time-lapse-no/7a284700-3cf5-412f-8ece-da941660597c
  5. Network drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network drive: hiI'm going around in circles trying to figure out how to access my ssk ssm-f00 storage drive. I don't want to use the app as this creates me more problems I've looked in add device but cant locate it. any help gratefully received....
  6. Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Drive: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11. All went well but now I can't see my network drive. I've tried all the advice about the 3 dots and choosing the "Map Network Drive" but my network drive isn't listed. What should I try next?...
  7. Network Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Drive: I am wanting to find out why I cannot see one of my other computers "Shared Drive" in "Network", even when network discovery private and public is turned ON? My sister brought her work computer home, so that she can still work while being locked down through Covid-19, yet...
  8. Network Sharing in Windows10 driving me crazy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing in Windows10 driving me crazy: Ok guys, I'm not exactly a PC noob, but basic network sharing in Windows10 is driving me crazy. In houses or small business configurations, with just <10 PCs ethernet-connected wanting to share everything with each other (max complexity a shared NAS), there's always a new...
  9. network drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    network drive: hello dears, i need to know network in network drive before format my laptop some one add my device as client machine to his network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/network-drive/8c3deaa5-45ae-42df-84ee-42b33de15ac7
  10. lynks, syncs, gonna drive me to drinks

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lynks, syncs, gonna drive me to drinks: 2 part bit. 1) New purchase of Lenovo laptop. Great computer. Comes linked with X-BOX and other gaming junk I do not require. How to uninstall "X-box live"? 2) Every time when signing into my Hotmail account it auto-links my laptop with the Microsoft account. I do not...