Windows 10: Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005

Discus and support Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users might encounter the error message Unable to access Network drive, […] This article Network Error: Unable to access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 1, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005

WinClub, Feb 1, 2021
  2. D007 Win User
    D007, Feb 1, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Error 0x80004005 when attempting to access Network share

Hi djeyewater,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can get difficult at times when your network Share. Accessing shared folders or network locations in Windows is never easy. Whether you’re at home or at work, sharing resources is always more complicated than
    it should be. As classic example is the ‘Windows cannot access computer 0x80004005’ error. However, I recommend you to follow the below steps.

1. Is that computer connected with the domain network?
    2. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    3. Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
    If you open File Explorer, go to
    Network, and see an error message ("Network discovery is turned off…."), you'll need to turn on Network discovery to see devices on the network that are sharing files. I suggest you to follow the below steps.

We can go ahead and try to enable the Network Discovery from Advanced Sharing Settings.

Step 1: Turn on or off Network Discovery in Windows 10.

1. Type network in the search box and choose Network and Sharing Center in the list to open it.
    2. Select Change advanced sharing settings to move on.
    3. Choose Turn on network discovery
      or Turn off network discovery in the settings, and tap
      Save changes.

Step 2: Check if the feature is enabled.

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Then click on all Control Panel Items.
    3. Then click on Programs and features.
    4. Then on the left hand side, click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    5. Windows Feature box will open. Please scroll down and under SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support, check the boxes next to SMB 1.0/CIFS Client and SMB 1.0/ CIFS Server. If the boxes are already ticked, please unchecked the box and check
      it again.
    6. It will ask you to restart your Computer. Please Restart it.

Step 3: Check if all the required services are running.

1. Now we will need to check four services.

2. Press Windows key + R to open Run. Then type "Services.msc" in the run box and hit enter.

The names of the services which you will need to check are:

• Function Discovery Provide Host.
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication.
    • SSDP Discovery.
    • UPnP Device Host.
    • Also Check for DHCP Client and DNS Client.
    4. Right click on the above services and then go to properties.

5. Under General tab, make sure that the Startup type is automatic and Service status is running.

6. Then go to recovery tab and change all the entries (next to 1st failure, 2nd failure and Subsequent failure) to Restart the Service.

I also recommend you to follow this article
    Changes to file sharing over a network
    in Windows 10.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No.

Mithin_EJ, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005 - Similar Threads - Network Error Unable

2. network error troubleshooter 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network error troubleshooter 0x80004005: Hello. I have a normal day today with the computer when browsing some emails and when I open a new tab it doesnt open the site that Im trying to open. It shows too long for the page to respond. I close and re open the site and still the same. Clear cache and cookies no...
  3. network error troubleshooter 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network error troubleshooter 0x80004005: Hello. I have a normal day today with the computer when browsing some emails and when I open a new tab it doesnt open the site that Im trying to open. It shows too long for the page to respond. I close and re open the site and still the same. Clear cache and cookies no...
  4. network error troubleshooter 0x80004005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Access error to Drive over network

Access error to Drive over network: Hello, I have a small home network and after updating one Pc to the latest iteration of Windows10 it now has a problem accessing drives on my PC used as a Store and Print server. This pc has multiple external and internal drives and all that have been shared in the past...
  6. Network Drive Error

Network Drive Error: I've created a network drive by plugging a USB drive into the back of my router. I can access it by pressing WIN and R to run, and typing \\ and the router's ip address. This then displays all network drives, I then map the drive to my PC so that it works just as a normal...
  7. Unable to access a network drive

Unable to access a network drive: I have a mapped network drive that I can see but cannot access. The message from " Windows Security" Enter network credentials to :HD name My Computer name Password I have entered my password from my computer. I have tried my network password neither works. I states...
  8. Unable to access Network drive

Unable to access Network drive: My laptop cannot open this external hard drive, it always used to. Troubleshooting hasn't helped and a chat didn't resolve anything either. The laptop sees the hard drive on the network but says it cannot open it. Any ideas? ***Title modified from: dlink 26BCD6***...
  9. Viewing Network Error 0x80004005

Viewing Network Error 0x80004005: I am on Windows 10 build 17763, I'm trying to connect to a Synology NAS and get the 80004005 error. I've tried lots of stuff I found on the internet and nothing is working. I have a non-Insider build on another PC and on a MAC and can get to the NAS with no problem. If...
  10. Error 0x80004005 when attempting to access Network share

Error 0x80004005 when attempting to access Network share: I have shared folders on my laptop and PC. PC is on Win 10 Pro 1803 Build 17134.407. Laptop is Win 10 Pro 1803 Build 17134.345. Neither can access the shares on the other, trying to access gives Error 0x80004005. The only relevant thing I can find about this error is lack of...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 0x80004005 windows cannot access file sharing