Windows 10: Network Error Windows cannot access \\JAMIES-DELL

Discus and support Network Error Windows cannot access \\JAMIES-DELL in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Network Error Windows cannot access \\JAMIES-DELL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LGBFELT, Jul 10, 2019.

1. LGBFELT Win User

Network Error Windows cannot access \\JAMIES-DELL

:)

LGBFELT, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Eric2139 Win User

How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Jtardiou Win User

Windows cannot Access \\Network PC's : Error 0x80070035

I've literally tried every possible suggestion on this forum. Microsoft support told me they will fix it for $100 LOL

Everything about my network worked fine on Windows 8. With Windows 10 I have been unable to access PC's on my router. Internet work fine, I see the PC's on network in homegroup, But gives me the dreadful and nonsensical error:

Network Error Windows cannot access \JAMIES-DELL 00e59409e73fc1d72567bd2f7a52ccf9.png

Worth noting that my windows 8 laptop can access these computers no problem. but my windows 10 pc's can access ANY pc's

Tried Everything
    Winsock method
    all elevated cmd prompt exe's
    tcp4/6 config
    drivers config
    network settings configs
    and every suggestions that have been posted on this forum

im left with no choice but to go back to windows 8 - any last suggestions before I do ?

Jtardiou, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Network Error Windows cannot access \\JAMIES-DELL - Similar Threads - Network Error cannot

2. Windows cannot access network location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows cannot access network location.: Hi, got a really werid issue wondering if anyone has any ideas. I run an old Dell Optiplex system with a bunch of hard drives in. This runs Windows 7 and is used purely to sit quietly in the corner and to be forgotten about and runs my network drives. I've ran this setup...
  3. windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043

windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043: windows cannot access network shared drive error 08x80070043 I can ping from my client to server 2008 but not from the server 2008 to the client. client did connect once to the server but after shut down of the client, the client would not see the server upon restart. The...
  4. Network Error - Windows Cannot Access....

Network Error - Windows Cannot Access....: Hello, We have two Windows 10 version 1903 PC's networked together via Ethernet wiring to a broadband router. There are a couple of directories which aren't media that we used to share over the network that are no longer available. I go into File...
  5. Cannot access networked PC's

Cannot access networked PC's: We have about 4 PC's/laptops running windows 10 and 4 Computers which act as servers but are running windows 7 pro. The servers have shared folders on them which either other servers or the PC's need to get at. This has worked fine for years until the other day and now its...
  6. cannot access network printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot access network printer: wireless printer is installed but is not recognized by computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-network-printer/f20d6499-3dd9-45d9-9e7a-032e339f1288
  7. Cannot Access Computer on Network

Cannot Access Computer on Network: Hi We have a small peer to peer wired network in our office with 4 computers. My Computer (computer A) hosts QuickBooks in a shared folder and the other computers access it through the network. Last week we set up a new hub and I just unplugged the cable from the...
  8. Cannot Access Windows Network Shares

Cannot Access Windows Network Shares: Three machines: Surface Pro 4 - fully updated Surface Pro 3 - Windows 10, fully updated Lenovo X220T - Windows 8.1 Fully updated All three machines can see all available network devices, including each other. All three machines can successfully access and interact...
  9. Network Error "Windows cannot access \\folderpath"

Network Error "Windows cannot access \\folderpath": Two computers, on the same network wired. One the one computer I have a folder being shared, a folder that is on the desktop. I have it to share over the network, also that computer has password protected sharing OFF. On the other computer when I try to access that folder I...
  10. Windows cannot Access \\Network PC's : Error 0x80070035

Windows cannot Access \\Network PC's : Error 0x80070035: I've literally tried every possible suggestion on this forum. Microsoft support told me they will fix it for $100 LOL Everything about my network worked fine on Windows 8. With Windows 10 I have been unable to access PC's on my router. Internet work fine, I see the PC's...