Windows 10: Network Error You do not have permissions to access mapped network drive after

Discus and support Network Error You do not have permissions to access mapped network drive after in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Any user that logs into a specific Windows 10 laptop gets the message in the attached image. We can disconnect the network drive mapping and manually... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BryanBarcomb, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Network Error You do not have permissions to access mapped network drive after

Any user that logs into a specific Windows 10 laptop gets the message in the attached image. We can disconnect the network drive mapping and manually remap it and then we have access. All my users get 2 network drive mapped H & I at login, but on this particular laptop no one can open the mapped drive H. Looking for suggestion on what I need to fix on the laptop so this drive mapping will work from the companies login script.

:)

BryanBarcomb, Mar 11, 2019
  2. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Permission to access network

Hi Kristen,

You might be experiencing this issue because you lost permission to access the network resource or shortcut after upgrading your computer. To better assist you with this problem, we would like to know the following information.

• Are you using the shortcut to access a file or folder located on another computer in the network?
    • Is the file or folder located on the computer that you recently upgraded?
    • What is the exact error message that you received when accessing the shortcut?
    • Are you using a homegroup to share files between devices on your local network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, let's run the Network troubleshooter. This troubleshooter finds and fixes common connection problems. Here's how:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems
      in the results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to post a reply.

Gino Des, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Network Error You do not have permissions to access mapped network drive after

Permission issue on working with network drive, Error message: An error occurred while applying security information – failed to enumerate objects in the container, Access is denied.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate for the details and, time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Was there any major change on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Could you please let us know, what are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed till now?

In the meantime, we would suggest you to try follow steps mentioned below and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to
      Map a network drive
    3. Please follow the suggestion provided by Azeez N dated June 2nd 2010 on

Providing permission to drive
    4. Then check if it helps.

You may also want refer
    Configuring shares and permissions on hard drives connected to the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router
    for more detailed information on the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Network Error You do not have permissions to access mapped network drive after

1. Network Error You do not have permissions to access mapped network drive after - Similar Threads - Network Error permissions

2. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: FYI, I have discovered why the error in the thread title may persist no matter what you try. If you have multiple share connections to a single computer you may have somehow gotten differing credentials between some of the shares. Having multiple credentials to access shares...
  3. You do not have permission to access "drive". Contract your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have permission to access "drive". Contract your network administrator to...: I'm the administrator. How do I give myself access please? I'm setting up a new Surface Pro and trying to access the files on my NAS drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-drive/f95de285-8079-4d6b-9832-f47b54014ee0
  4. You do not have permission to access "drive". Contract your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to access "drive". Contract your network administrator to...: I'm the administrator. How do I give myself access please? I'm setting up a new Surface Pro and trying to access the files on my NAS drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-drive/f95de285-8079-4d6b-9832-f47b54014ee0
  5. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I've gone in a HUGE circle trying to resolve this issue "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" and so far zero success. I found another post about the same subject at...
  6. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I've gone in a HUGE circle trying to resolve this issue "You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to request access" and so far zero success. I found another post about the same subject at...
  7. "You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer

"You Do Not Have a Permission to Access" a network computer: I am running Windows 10 pro on two computer. One was upgraded I call PC and the other a new laptop I call LT. I set the network to share as per the instructions and I can read my files on my PC from my LT with no problem. However when I try to go read the files under the...
  8. 'Network Error', 'Windows cannot access... You do not have permission.

'Network Error', 'Windows cannot access... You do not have permission.: I've got a new computer running Windows 10 Home v 1909 which I'm adding to my Home Network via wifi ['Private']. I've got the following options selected... Under Advanced Sharing Settings -- Private Network 'Turn on network discovery' radio button 'On', 'Turn on automatic...
  9. Network error message - Windows cannot access \\[computer]. You do not have permission...

Network error message - Windows cannot access \\[computer]. You do not have permission...: All the computers on my home network have access to each other except one which can access the others but is inaccessible to all of them. They get the "Windows cannot access \\" error message when they click on it in network file explorer. The problem arose a month or so...
  10. You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...

You do not have permission to access \\PC_NAME contact your network administrator to...: I have a network configured as a workgroup. All 9 systems are Windows 10. I'm using one as a file server. My issue is I have shared the C drive on this file server giving everyone full control but from the workstations when I click onto Network and double click onto the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mapped drive you do not have permission to access

2. map drive do not have permission

3. network drive permission error

4. you do not have permissions to access network drive but i did,
  5. server 2016 fax server you do not have security permissions workgroup