Windows 10: Network Explorer does not show other computing resources on home network (Windows 10,...

Discus and support Network Explorer does not show other computing resources on home network (Windows 10,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some time ago, my network computers and NAS drives disappeared from network explorer on my home network. I can access them by typing \\(device name) in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DPikop, Jun 12, 2019.

1. DPikop Win User

Network Explorer does not show other computing resources on home network (Windows 10,...

Some time ago, my network computers and NAS drives disappeared from network explorer on my home network. I can access them by typing \\(device name) in the explorer and it will return the top level folders. However, this does not help me within applications that require use of the resources. While Homegroup was removed in version 1803, I never used it, and never had any problem accessing my network resources.

I have heavily researched this issue and have tried all the suggested services modifications in order to fix this. I've also reset my network settings several times.

I called Microsoft Technical support and they have been unable to help me. My case has been moved to the escalation team. They have not helped either - the various tier 1 and then tier 2 techs I spoke with remotely accessed my computer, re-did all the same services modification, reset my network adapter and even did a remote reinstall of Windows. Nothing.

Since that time, I installed the version 1903 upgrade. My network resources randomly showed up once yesterday, but then disappeared after a restart.

While I know the following is not directly part of my technical issue, I have called Microsoft several times now over this and they're now ignoring me. I always have to start with a tier 1 person who will transfer me to a tier 2 person. Lately, tier 2 folks haven't been accessible, nor have they called me back when promised. The last I spoke with a tier 2 representative was on June 6. He promised to call me back on June 9...nothing. I spoke with a tier 1 today who promised a tier 2 phone call to me in 30 minutes. The tier 1 also committed to calling me back in 45 minutes. No calls back and it's now 2 hours later. I am currently waiting for help from the tier 1 supervisor.

Waiting to see if anyone has an answer provided by Microsoft, or maybe if anyone knows how to get Microsoft's attention.

:)

DPikop, Jun 12, 2019
  2. GeorgeD55 Win User

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers
    in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

GeorgeD55, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-19, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Graebeard Win User

Network Explorer does not show other computing resources on home network (Windows 10,...

Win 10 Explorer not showing Network drives

Win Explorer shows my network as < empty > on one of my PC's

A little background info. I have 2 PC's and 2 laptops connected on my home network, all running Win 10 and up until a few weeks ago, everything worked fine. Have not added any new software or changed any settings unless inadvertently. Basically, it was working in the morning and not working later in the day.

So now -
    Recently, all three other machines can see my PC as a Network drive, and can access it. However, on my PC, the Network listing shows as empty.

I've reviewed the Network and Local Services settings of one laptop and my pc but could not find anything relating to networking that was different.

I then setup some Network Locations using the " L: \\Laptop\Users " setup. This gave me an Explorer entry under My Computer as Laptop but clicking on it showed only a Default and Default.migrated folders. The URL bar showed > Network > Laptop > Users

Network Explorer does not show other computing resources on home network (Windows 10,... [​IMG]

Just for fun, I clicked on Laptop in the URL bar and lo and behold I had access to all the Laptop folders, which could now be navigated, AND, in the left hand pane, the highlight dropped from Laptop to Network. However, clicking now on Network said < this folder is empty >

Network Explorer does not show other computing resources on home network (Windows 10,... [​IMG]

So, I have a feeling that my network and sharing settings are fine, it's Explorer 11 that's acting strange.

Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Graebeard, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Network Explorer does not show other computing resources on home network (Windows 10,... - Similar Threads - Network Explorer does

2. Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?: None of the userIDs & passwords I try will work. What userid & PW should I use to access my laptop from my desktop? When I do a share of a folder it does not ask me which password I should use to connect remotely - just the name of a user....
  3. Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows networking - how to network to other home computers?: None of the userIDs & passwords I try will work. What userid & PW should I use to access my laptop from my desktop? When I do a share of a folder it does not ask me which password I should use to connect remotely - just the name of a user....
  4. Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Show Other Computers on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Show Other Computers on Network: I'm running into some odd behavior with seeing computers on the network within the Windows 10 file Explorer. I have two computers: - Computer A --- Windows 10 Pro Version 20h2 - Computer B --- Windows 10 Home Version 20h2 Both have folders shared as well as the...
  5. Home network computers not showing

Home network computers not showing: I am having the same problem as loads of other people and have tried all the various methods to sort it. I have set the Services to automatic -I have turned on SMB - checked every setting that all the variuos help pages suggest and it stiil doesn't work. I have a desktop...
  6. Messaging to the other computer on home network

Messaging to the other computer on home network: I need the Win 10 home syntax to send a text message to my wife's laptop. Her computer name isasus_laptop and mine is jack-pc. We're both on the home network. Not sure what other information is needed. Also not sure if the command is NET or NET SEND. Both seem to be viable....
  7. Laptop does not show computers on home network

Laptop does not show computers on home network: Laptop does not show computers on home network. Finely broke down upgraded from W-7 pro to W-10 pro version 1909. Have two desk tops using Ethernet cables and two lap tops using WiFi using a router all on home network. All work great for a number years using W-7. One of the...
  8. Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are

Home wifi network is not showing but other networks are: I just moved to a new house and I can’t find the house’s wifi network on my laptop. I can see lots of other wifi networks but not mine. I know the network is fine because I can use it on my phone and other people in the house have no issues. I also was able to connect to a...
  9. See Other Computer on Home Network

See Other Computer on Home Network: Tried seems everything. One computer on home network can see and access public folders of the other 4 computers. But, other 4 computers cannot do same. All are running updated Windows 10. All sharing and network discovery turned on. Went out to command prompt as...
  10. Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead.

Other computers in network not showing; shows old network instead.: Preface: I am running a laptop which I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I also have a desktop that is still running windows 7. One of the hard drives on my desktop is shared, and I often-enough will copy files from my laptop to my desktop. The laptop connects wirelessly...