Windows 10: Network Explorer Window issue

Discus and support Network Explorer Window issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; HI all This has been happening a while, unknown if normal or not, but the Modem in Network explorer Window shows, then disappears, shows again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AMDMan2016, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Network Explorer Window issue

HI all

This has been happening a while, unknown if normal or not, but the Modem in Network explorer Window shows, then disappears, shows again, disappears, I have done a system reset install, Clean install 2 months before that. Any ideas or should I just ignore it

Scans with Avast Free--Clear
    Scan with Malwarebyte Clear

just don't get this, unless just issue with this particular Comcast Gateway, and nothing to worry on, Additonal Info did see a Verizon Phone show up in the list, not sure if was connected via Bluetooth or what, no one in the household has Verizon, it hasn't showed up since I turned off Bluetooth and mobile hotspot option and wireless card in system, only turn on Bluetooth now when use it with phone or headset at times

:)

AMDMan2016, Feb 4, 2017

2. Error 0xc0000374 (explorer.exe fault) after Anniversary Update

Yes I have that same issue periodically. I am able to solve the issue with file explorer crashing when opening (to quick access). If you go into explorer options and you clear file explorer history that seems to solve the issue with explorer crashing when
    you open it.

However, the heart of the issue still exists and it appears to be an issue with shared folders from either a NAS and/or windows server 2012 R2. Additionally, it appears to be mainly an issue with network file path length and it might have something to do
    with the fact that windows 10 has disable the 260 character limit and now there is incompatibility between files stored on devices which use the old NFTS file storage system.

So far we are experiencing issue when rename/creating new folders on network shares, moving files and networks shares, saving and or saving over files on network shares.

I am not 100% what is going on but this is all the information I have uncovered thus far and am desperate for Microsoft to come up fix for this issue.

msavage1987, Feb 4, 2017
  3. Allen305 Win User
    Windows 10 Network Computers missing on some computers (9 networked together)

Did Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3124200) fix the SMB and File Explorer Network issue?

Allen305, Feb 4, 2017
  4. Network Explorer Window issue

Others may have a different opinion.

I find this service very unreliable. My HP printer shows up both as a computer and a laser printer.

There is another thread raised in the last day where storage devices are greyed out but can be accessed without issue. It reports one but there are two.

Myself, I would ignore as long as you can get the connectivity you need, internet and intranet.

Caledon Ken, Feb 4, 2017
  5. Yeah think just paniced over nothing really, and yes Internet and lan access working fine from what I can tell

AMDMan2016, Feb 4, 2017
  6. M4v3r1ck Win User
    I have (had) your two issues too. The modem comes and goes, still searching for the solution. One day a 4K Samsung TV showed up in my Explorer as a new device, my neighbor bought a new Smart TV, I live in a two-under-one-roof house. ;-)

After turning off the BT on my Mac - hybrid macOS and Windows 10 user - his TV set disappeared from my Explorer.

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Feb 5, 2017
  7. Thanks Everyone so much, live in a Condo here, so guess I over react and panic when I seen strange things, Bluetooth off now though, Wifi made sure on WPA2-PSK (AES), and a few other things off, Xfinity hotspot off as well, so think fine now

AMDMan2016, Feb 5, 2017
  8. M4v3r1ck Win User

Network Explorer Window issue

Glad to reassure you a bit that there's no paranormal activities playing with you!
    Network Explorer Window issue [​IMG]

Cheers

M4v3r1ck, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network Explorer Window issue

1. Network Explorer Window issue - Similar Threads - Network Explorer Window

2. Windows Explorer Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Issue: Hello, i suddenly appeared this morning when i got on my work desktop have an issue with explorer where it takes several "attempts" to open a folder. What happens is, that once i doubleclick a folder, the small blue loading circle appears beside the cursor. then the circle...
  3. Network Issue in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Issue in Windows Explorer: I have a peer to peer network at home with 5 computers 4 Win 10 and 1 Win7. They are all in workgroup WORKGROUP. I am having problems with sharing. This is regardless of whether my ESET protection is on or off. The situation is as follows:Computer 1 [W10-64] can only ‘see’...
  4. Network Issue in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network Issue in Windows Explorer: I have a peer to peer network at home with 5 computers 4 Win 10 and 1 Win7. They are all in workgroup WORKGROUP. I am having problems with sharing. This is regardless of whether my ESET protection is on or off. The situation is as follows:Computer 1 [W10-64] can only ‘see’...
  5. Network Issue in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows Explorer Issues!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Issues!: My PC is having issues right now, my pc taskbar and icons are all flashing every 4 or 5 seconds, I think this is due to an issue with Windows Explorer which is often running at full CPU usage in the task manager, I think this is from corruption as I have ran and SFC Scan and...
  7. Windows explorer issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows explorer issues: So I have a brand new build and im having issues with windows explorer not working on startup making windows take longer than normal to load, the few times that wondows explorer worked it was very quick to go to the desktop. I have completely wiped drives and fresh installed...
  8. File Explorer Network Icon issue

File Explorer Network Icon issue: Irritant with File Explorer. The Network Icon in the left pane does not expand to show all connected pcs and storage device. It does show a Linux media device. However as a work around I have my connected devices shown in Quick access. When I select these networked devices...
  9. Windows10Pro sharing with Mede8er x1000 - network issues in explorer

Windows10Pro sharing with Mede8er x1000 - network issues in explorer: Hi Ive had no problems until a new install recently with the latest Win 10 OS. Network is setup. I can see my PC in the network explorer. I can see the Mede8er player as a device and is accessible from the Win 10 homegroups, however I cannot log on to the Windows PC...
  10. Windows Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Issues: Hi folks. A few issues appeared out of nowhere, and I have no idea what to do. Considering an in-place repair install right now, but I would like to see if anybody could help me out before that happens. I would also like to know, does the repair install keep everything?...