Windows 10: Network File Sharing Issues

Discus and support Network File Sharing Issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Im trying to view computers over my local network. One computer can see the other, the other computer cannot. Both were fully reinstalled and updated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Morphius1280, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Network File Sharing Issues

Im trying to view computers over my local network. One computer can see the other, the other computer cannot.

Both were fully reinstalled and updated today
    Both had Computer Browser disabled upon reinstall
    +installed RIP Listener
    +Installed WMI SNMP Provider
    +Installed Simple TCPIP Services
    +Installed SMB/CIFS File Sharing support
    Tried Using NetBIOS - no effect

Which computer can see the other seems entirely dependent on which one access the network first. But i can ping the computers and they can communicate together:

Pinging 192.168.1.146 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 192.168.1.146: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128
    Reply from 192.168.1.146: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.146:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 0ms

No earthly idea what is causing this network to poop its pants

:)

Morphius1280, Aug 22, 2018

2. Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 22, 2018
  3. file sharing over local network issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest the following to resolve the issue you are faced with.

Method 1: Windows can't detect a computer on a Public network. To fix this problem, you can try changing the network location to Home or Work or try connecting to a network that already has a Home or Work network location.

Method 2:

If Link Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) protocol is disabled on the network adapter. Windows uses the LLTD protocol to map computers and devices on a network. To enable LLTD, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type adapter, and then, under
      Network and Sharing Center, click View network connections.

• Right-click the network connection, and then click Properties.

• Select the Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver and
      Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder check boxes, and then click
      OK.

[*]
    Method 3: To turn on network discovery, follow these steps:

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Control Panel
      . In the search box, type network, click
      Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click
      Change advanced sharing settings.

• Click the drop down icon to expand the Home or Work network profile.

• Click Turn on network discovery, and then click
      Save changes. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Network File Sharing Issues

Transferring files on network

Hi Bryan,

This could have happened due to advanced sharing settings. To resolve your issue, we suggest that follow the steps on this link:

Share files in File Explorer.

We suggest to follow the steps on this link to set up permission to share the file on a network or sharing files to another computer.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Network File Sharing Issues

1. Network File Sharing Issues - Similar Threads - Network File Sharing

2. Network File Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network File Sharing Issues: I have a desktop PC and a laptop, both running Windows 10 and connected on the same LAN. For some time, I cannot get access to the shared file folders on both the laptop and on the LAN Router. Reason is 'Windows cannot access XXX the network path was not found'. No idea...
  3. Network File Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network File Sharing Issues: I have a desktop PC and a laptop, both running Windows 10 and connected on the same LAN. For some time, I cannot get access to the shared file folders on both the laptop and on the LAN Router. Reason is 'Windows cannot access XXX the network path was not found'. No idea...
  4. Network File Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Network File Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network File Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  6. Network File Sharing Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network File Sharing Issue: I could access \\OtherUserPcName and enter their PC to view his shared file/folder, but others could not access \\MyPcName to view my shared folder. I have checked all the necessary options in network sharing setting, and my connection is set to private.Are there any settings...
  7. Network File Sharing Issue

8. Network File Sharing issue

Network File Sharing issue: Hi. I have a small network in my room - Two computers and a NAS. And I often move files between them. Up until the last week everything worked great. But then my PC2 had some issues and I had to reset it re-installing the Windows. And since then the File Sharing doesn't...
  9. File sharing issue on a local Network

File sharing issue on a local Network: I have 2 computers at home running windows 10, same microsoft login Now when I'm connect to my personal LAN I would like to have both computers being able to browse each others files, so I can use the local network to transfer files both ways I tried giving all...
  10. Network Sharing Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Sharing Issues: Hi All Recently purchased a new laptop with windows 10. Attempting to share files mainly on the VLC app on an amazon firestick. Devices can see my laptop but are unable to log in. Im not being prompted for a password. Once i select the pc and navigate to it it just sits on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 local network problems