Windows 10: Network Folder cannot see some computers, but can access them fine

Discus and support Network Folder cannot see some computers, but can access them fine in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have a strange issue on my Windows 10 computer: I can only see 1 computer under my home network, but other computers do not appear at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by blablaboi1, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Network Folder cannot see some computers, but can access them fine

Hi everyone,

I have a strange issue on my Windows 10 computer: I can only see 1 computer under my home network, but other computers do not appear at all. However, I can access them fine typing in the address bar manually.

Also, for some reason, "LEESERVERPC" does not appear on my network folder, but it appears on the left pane. Does anyone know what the issue is? Is this a Windows 10 issue? Other computers are running Windows Server 2012R2 or Windows 7 and they easily find all computers in the network. I rebooted and resetted my router countless number of times. Refreshing doesn't seem to do anything.

Background: Originally, my Windows 10 computer was seeing all the computers in the network. As I was trying to set up another computer on the network, I refresh my network several times from my Windows 10 computer, and all a sudden all the computers except 1 disappeared on my Windows Explorer "Network". Every other computer in the network has no issues.

See Pic:

Network Folder cannot see some computers, but can access them fine [​IMG]

I want to emphasize that I CAN ACCESS the shared network computers. It's just that Windows Explorer's "Network" does not show most of the computers!

:)

blablaboi1, Feb 6, 2016

2. My win 10 computers cannot see every computer on the network?

I had been able to see all the computers on the network then one day I can't. Not sure what happened, win 10 update maybe? I looked at

windows account permissions and we are there still. I had made short cuts to specific folders when I could see the computers but now when I cannot see them the shortcuts still work but I cannot access them via the folder window with the 'network' listed
    on it.

Dr. DKydonieus, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Sharing a folder on an Windows 10 Education with Windows 10 Home computers

My problem is pretty simple, yet I can't seem to find an answer to it.

On my home network, I have a computer running Windows 10 Education. Let's call it A. It is connected to a school account since it is an Education license..

I have another pc running Windows 10 Home. Let's call it B.

If I share folders on B, via password or via homegroup, I can access them just fine from A using the login credentials for B.

If I share folders on A, via password or via homegroup, I CANNOT access them from B using the login credentials for A, or for B.

Since A is an education computer, it can't create homegroups, but can join them. Once it joins, it can see other computers in the homegroup and access their files, but is invisible to other computers

I have tried using the //A-name on run, homegroups, changing permissions but I simply cannot access the files on A from B.

What am I missing?

José Luis Ortiz Durán Salinas, Feb 6, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Network Folder cannot see some computers, but can access them fine

You have to disable SMB 2 & 3 to get it to work. Also if you are running any kind of third party Internet Security software, it can cause the issue.

bro67, Feb 7, 2016
  5. I have no other internet security software other than the one that comes with Windows 10 by default.

So I tried waiting 10 minutes and all the computers in the network mysteriously showed up on my Network under Windows Explorer. If I put my computer to sleep and wake up, I have to wait another ~10 minutes for the other computer to be visible. It seems like this problem is only happening with my Windows 10 computer. My other computers in my network has ZERO issues.

What is very strange is I can still access the network computers from my Windows 10 computer, although they are not visible under "Network". Does anyone know why this is happening? The problem seems to get exacerbated if I refresh the network folder multiple times in a short period of time. I have a strong feeling it's some bug with Windows 10's network discovery mode, but I don't know for sure.

blablaboi1, Feb 7, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    See my reply. Time is not the problem. This is an issue that came out with the current rollout, that can only be fixed by what I posted.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network Folder cannot see some computers, but can access them fine

1. Network Folder cannot see some computers, but can access them fine - Similar Threads - Network Folder cannot

2. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  3. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:": This is the title of a 2018 "locked" question.I found this thread trying to search for my 2nd pc's network that gives me much trouble. I could no really find the solution. I can see my 2 pc under network / view tab, but my new and second pc called 'Desktop-blabla20' not real...
  4. Can access shared folder but cannot see it in "network:"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can see network computer but access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can see network computer but access is denied: Bought a new desktop with windows pro 10 and can't get access to other network computer. Can connect to new computer from my old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-network-computer-but-access-is-denied/68139dcc-69b7-474f-98a6-e43141469b60
  6. Can see network computer but access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can see network computer but access is denied: Bought a new desktop with windows pro 10 and can't get access to other network computer. Can connect to new computer from my old one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-see-network-computer-but-access-is-denied/68139dcc-69b7-474f-98a6-e43141469b60
  7. Can see network computer but access is denied

8. You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them

You see the other network computers but cannot connect to them: Hi All,Since I spent a great deal of time finding a solution, I am sharing what solved my issues. I could see my network shares but unable to connect them in Windows 10. Tried many things including network sharing and the useless network troubleshooter. What helped was...
  9. Cannot see network-attached storage on some computers

Cannot see network-attached storage on some computers: We have a home network with 5 computers and a network-storage device. Until recently all was working fine, all computers could see the NAS and map it to a drive letter. Suddenly 3 of the computers cannot see the NAS at all, either as a mapped drive or by its native name. The...
  10. Network Cannot See a Computer but Can Access by Using \\Computer_Name

Network Cannot See a Computer but Can Access by Using \\Computer_Name: Network can see all but one computers on my home network. The only computer it cannot see is named Blackgem. It used to show up on Network but for some reason it no longer does. However, if I type \\Blackgem on the box at top, then I am able to access that computer. Any...