Windows 10: Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

Discus and support Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All,since few weeks We're having issue to connect to network folder like \\xyq-xxx-xxx\ , when trying to connect user receive the error "a device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Luca_Brambilla_82, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

Hi All,since few weeks We're having issue to connect to network folder like \\xyq-xxx-xxx\ , when trying to connect user receive the error "a device attached to the system is not functioning".We have tried to :Connect using FQDN, adding domain on the folder nameConnect using RUN Remote server is up as:We can access to the folder from another deviceFrom the unworking device it's possible to run a tracert to the folder completed succesfullyEnable unsicure guest logon ENABLED from GPO in Lanman WorkstationNetwork discovery and file sharing turned on for both Private and Public network profileRe

:)

Luca_Brambilla_82, Jul 21, 2022

2. "A device attached to the system is not functioning" in Windows 10

I am getting A device attached to the system is not functioning" error while installing any .exe file on laptop. Below is one of example in this case team viewer.

I have already taken few steps but invain getting same error again.

1. First step, format and reinstalled Windows 10
    2. There was driver error in device manager for "*Dellpro" I uninstalled this device.
    3. I ran SEC and DISM scans but they intermittently aborted.

Can someone help in fixing this error, can't install any software on laptop. Please help urgently.

Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning" 44d406ae-9b13-4a90-9d44-4c68a5ad84d3?upload=true.jpg

RajeshP_1269, Jul 21, 2022
  3. AntonB(2) Win User
    Unable to Map a network drive - a device attached to the system is not functioning

Hi

I am trying to map a network drive in Windows 10 but I keep getting the error 'a device attached to the system is not functioning'.

Any hints what may cause this issue?

Regards

Anton

AntonB(2), Jul 21, 2022
  4. Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

No audio output device is installed - A device attached to the system is not functioning

Hello Ravish,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced. Let us know below things to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is it a Laptop or Desktop?
    • Did you connect any external speakers for your device?
    • Are you getting this error when you try to update drivers through Device Manager?
    • Did you tried installing the latest audio drivers for your device?
    • Did you tried rebooting your PC after complete shutdown?
    You can see this error " A device attached to the system is not functioning", when the device is switched off, or connected improperly.

Give us brief description about the issue to assist you better.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 21, 2022
Thema:

Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

1. Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning" - Similar Threads - Network Folder connection

2. RDP error "A Device attached to the system is not functioning"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDP error "A Device attached to the system is not functioning": Hello!I have a user currently experiencing an RDP issue where they will try to RDP into their PC from another PC in the office and will occasionally be unable to. After typing in their account credentials, they are greeted with a black screen that flashes an error message "A...
  3. Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning": Hi All,since few weeks We're having issue to connect to network folder like \\xyq-xxx-xxx\ , when trying to connect user receive the error "a device attached to the system is not functioning".We have tried to :Connect using FQDN, adding domain on the folder nameConnect using...
  4. Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

Network Folder connection error : "A device attached to the system is not functioning": Hi All,since few weeks We're having issue to connect to network folder like \\xyq-xxx-xxx\ , when trying to connect user receive the error "a device attached to the system is not functioning".We have tried to :Connect using FQDN, adding domain on the folder nameConnect using...
  5. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  6. A device attached to the system is not functioning

A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  7. A device attached to the system is not functioning.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A device attached to the system is not functioning.: Code: C:\Windows\System32>powercfg /h /type full A device attached to the system is not functioning. Help? Edit: I get Code: Your power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? in Code: Power Options -> Choose what the power buttons do...
  8. A device attached to system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    A device attached to system is not functioning: [IMG] I dont know how happend but i cant open systems app and i cant disable network too [ATTACH] and another error happend when i want open device manager this error come Why ? My laptop is lenovo g510 Core i3 Amd r5 m230...
  9. Error: A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error: A device attached to the system is not functioning: I have not used my HP Envy 20 in a couple of years and just spent the day updating it. I reset the entire thing and the sound icon at the bottom right has a red X. I tried troubleshooting and could not update drivers due to "A device attached to the system is not...
  10. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 News
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive this error message A device attached to the system is not functioning, here are a few things you may try. It is quite possible that the attached device is not working for one of these reasons. The device [...] This post A device attached to...