Windows 10: Network folder is empty, tried all suggested troubleshooting, is LAN port bad or do I need...

Discus and support Network folder is empty, tried all suggested troubleshooting, is LAN port bad or do I need... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I built my PC in October 2020, at the time I could see all network devices on my home network. I recently noticed that when I click on my Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robert Brantley, May 8, 2021.

1. Network folder is empty, tried all suggested troubleshooting, is LAN port bad or do I need...

I built my PC in October 2020, at the time I could see all network devices on my home network. I recently noticed that when I click on my Network Folder it's now empty. I should see quite a few devices on this network both wired and wireless. I have no problems connecting to the internet. I have two wireless laptops and two other wired PCs which don't have this issue. I swapped ethernet cables with one PC that works.I made sure I was set for a Private network.I uninstalled my network driver and downloaded and installed the latest driver - Realtek 10.46.1231.2020There are

:)

Robert Brantley, May 8, 2021

2. Lan port get disabled and enabled

Hi,

i have server of hp proliant ml350 gen9 installed windows server 2016.

we have 4 port lan card.

when we give static ip to one the lan port and connect it to network, that lan port is getting enabled and disabled.

but when we connect this lan port to same network using DHCP, it does not get disabled.

Please suggest some solution.

Mukeshhin365, May 8, 2021
  3. Eric2139 Win User
    How to Dump Networking Parameters?

Had a customer with this problem, they had a brand new Dell Optiplex 3050, with Windows 10 1709, and Realtek Gbit Family of lan adapters (wired connection). After much troubleshooting (many suggestions listed in the course of this thread), it turned out the PC needed a bios update. Among the updates listed on the dell website for bios version 1.52 (I flashed it with the latest 1.92) was "Update RealtekLOM".

LOM is "lan on motherboard" and the Realtek has flashable firmware.

One step for others having this issue is to check their computer manufacturer's website for "Lom" firmware updates for the particular network adapter - whether integrated or an add-in.

Eric2139, May 8, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Network folder is empty, tried all suggested troubleshooting, is LAN port bad or do I need...

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Network folder is empty, tried all suggested troubleshooting, is LAN port bad or do I need...

1. Network folder is empty, tried all suggested troubleshooting, is LAN port bad or do I need... - Similar Threads - Network folder empty

2. Troubleshooting Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Wake On Lan: I’ve been spending my sunday trying to figure out why Wake on Lan won’t work on my Razer Blade 2015 running Windows 10 19044.2130. I’ve tried all the steps in https://thegeekpage.com/wake-on-lan-not-working/ guide to no success. The manual for the laptop describes it as...
  3. Troubleshooting Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Troubleshooting Wake On Lan: I’ve been spending my sunday trying to figure out why Wake on Lan won’t work on my Razer Blade 2015 running Windows 10 19044.2130. I’ve tried all the steps in https://thegeekpage.com/wake-on-lan-not-working/ guide to no success. The manual for the laptop describes it as...
  4. Troubleshooting Wake On Lan

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. LAN port disconnecting frequently from network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAN port disconnecting frequently from network: Hi, We installed PCI card in windows 10 pc . Facing Lan card disconnecting issue frequently. After analysis identified during disconnection below error message reported. Kindly guide me how to solve this issue. Windows 10 will it support PCI card or we need to go for...
  6. LAN port disconnecting frequently from network

LAN port disconnecting frequently from network: Hi, We installed PCI card in windows 10 pc . Facing Lan card disconnecting issue frequently. After analysis identified during disconnection below error message reported. Kindly guide me how to solve this issue. Windows 10 will it support PCI card or we need to go for...
  7. LAN port disconnecting frequently from network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Built-in Camera Not Working - Tried All Suggestion from Official Troubleshooting Page

Built-in Camera Not Working - Tried All Suggestion from Official Troubleshooting Page: I noticed today that the builtin camera is no longer working on my Lenovo Thinkpad X1. The weird part is that what is shown is a black screen with a small band of white light off to the side, so it's picking up something. There is no light on next to the camera so I have a...
  9. Under Network Connects folder is empty

Under Network Connects folder is empty: ?While trying to reset defaults for a keyboard setting on my Alienware laptop, I was instructed to restart in safe mode. Now it's stuck in safe mode, the network and connections folder is empty and all the suggestions require internet. I can't get out of safe mode! I can't...
  10. Network Connections folder empty

Network Connections folder empty: HP g6 laptop Had many problems with this laptop. Customer had at least 3 AV programs. Deleted all. (Including 3 Variations of AVG.) Finally got to where I can boot to Desktop, everything looks normal. Except no internet. Network Connections folder is empty. In Device...