Windows 10: network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless)

Discus and support network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My system has been frequently disconnecting from my network for several months. I connect via ethernet cable using the Realtek PCIe GbE adapter built... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by neilCarter750, Jan 28, 2019.

1. network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless)

My system has been frequently disconnecting from my network for several months. I connect via ethernet cable using the Realtek PCIe GbE adapter built into the motherboard. I've updated the driver both from the motherboard manufacturer as well as directly from Realtek with no noticeable difference. I've used the Network Reset function, which seems to work for a few hours at least, but never permanently. I've used the options to 'Disable this network device' and then 'Enable this network device' in the Network Connections window with basically the same results, it works for a while...

A couple of weeks ago I disabled the ethernet device and installed a USB Wireless adapter (Netgear WNDA3100v2). While this actually worked (I'm not a fan of wireless networking), it had what seemed to be the exact same symptoms, it frequently disconnected from the internet.

Since both the ethernet networking device built into the motherboard and the USB device have the same problem, I've decided that the cause of the problem is not the motherboard and most likely not my network, router, cable-modem, etc, since other devices don't have this problem. It must be a problem with my Windows 10 network stack.

I'd really appreciate suggestions, or a solution, for this problem!

Thanks!

:)

neilCarter750, Jan 28, 2019

2. Automatic disconnect wireless connection upon a wired connection

Hi,

I have a problem with automatic disconnecting wireless connection upon a wired connection. This is my situation and solutions I took but none of them worked:

I start Lenovo laptop and when it boots, it connects to my home wireless network (I want this to happen; following settings are sets on that network: connect automatically when this network is in range, connect to a more preferred network if available).
    What I also want is that when, in specific situations, I plug LAN cable into it, that wireless connection would be automatically disconnected and automatically connected when I unplug it.

Following solutions were taken, but they didn't produce a wanted result:

• setting disable upon wired connect on enable on a wireless adapter
    • setting wired adapter on the highest priority
    • setting wired autoconfig service on automatic startup type
    • route print shows wired metric 10 and wireless metric 11
    The result that was produced: when I connect LAN cable it shows connections: first wired, second wireless, but both of them connected (both interfaces got IP address) and on windows tray it is still shown wireless connection icon not wired.

MarkoPavic, Jan 28, 2019
  3. JBG123 Win User
    Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Well Ethernet isn't an option atm, and powerline networking depends on the wires you already have in the house (which will be very old) have any suggestions on top notch wireless network adapters?

JBG123, Jan 28, 2019
  4. lmblanes Win User

network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless)

Windows 10 - Wired and Wireless connection simulataneously

Dear All

I would like to use mi Wireless connection for OneDrive for business and Ethernet wired network for the rest.

Is there a way of achieving that?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Luis

lmblanes, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless)

1. network frequently disconnects, both ethernet(wired) and USB(wireless) - Similar Threads - network frequently disconnects

2. Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless: Win 11 Home 22H2Randomly, I get disconnected from the internet. I've looked at numerous Youtube videos and websites trying to find a solution to my problem. Nothing seems to work. What is really frustrating is I've run the troubleshooter for internet issues. The...
  3. Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random internet disconnections for both Ethernet and Wireless: Win 11 Home 22H2Randomly, I get disconnected from the internet. I've looked at numerous Youtube videos and websites trying to find a solution to my problem. Nothing seems to work. What is really frustrating is I've run the troubleshooter for internet issues. The...
  4. frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable: Good evening, I constantly disconnects about every 2 minutes the connection via ethernet cable. I don't know how to solve it, I have already reset the network card, changed the modem, changed the ethernet cable, changed the usb c - ethernet adapter, only by changing the...
  5. frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable

frequent network disconnection via ethernet cable: Good evening, I constantly disconnects about every 2 minutes the connection via ethernet cable. I don't know how to solve it, I have already reset the network card, changed the modem, changed the ethernet cable, changed the usb c - ethernet adapter, only by changing the...
  6. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  7. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

Earphones not working both wireless and wired!: When I plug my earphones in laptop everything works normally untill unless I remove them and plug-in then it stops working, nothing I can hear from my earphones neither from laptop spearkers. It seems laptop have detected the earphones but unfortunately it can't seem to...
  8. Earphones not working both wireless and wired!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Slow internet, both wired and wireless

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow internet, both wired and wireless: two computers side by side, similar hardware dell i7 win 10 pro running fine, dell i3 win 10 slower, one running 200 MBPS, other won't go over 15 MBPS, checked as many setting as possible. slower unit running Win 10, unit running faster is win 10 pro, any help appreciated....
  10. Frequent Network Disconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Frequent Network Disconnect: I have a new Surface Pro with Windows 10 wired to a network and no wireless connections active and running Quickbooks with the data file on another network computer. While using Quickbooks, I frequently get an error "Connection has been lost" and I have to abort my current...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network adapter always disconnecting

2. network disconnects between wired and wireless