Windows 10: Network gremlin - intermittent request time outs in ping sequences and periodic internet...

Discus and support Network gremlin - intermittent request time outs in ping sequences and periodic internet... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have a farm, and we use a bunch of computers, funnily enough. We've been having an internet problem for the last few months where things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SarahBarnOwl, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Network gremlin - intermittent request time outs in ping sequences and periodic internet...

Hi folks,

I have a farm, and we use a bunch of computers, funnily enough. We've been having an internet problem for the last few months where things will be fine for a while.

Then the internet will get really spotty, going out for short and long chunks of time and then while it is back it is weak and pings take a really long time to reach out - we get half more or less of the requests back pinging mit.edu.

About a month ago we tested things by removing computer by computer from the network. Eventually we found one computer that after turning it off, the problem cleared. So we removed it from the network.

Things cleared up for a while weeks.

Then yesterday, same problem comes back. Last night I removed one by one each computer from the network and tested pings. We found another computer that after turning it off, the problem cleared up.

But the problem is back today. Intermittently.

Malware? Something else?

We run Vipre Antivirus.

Operating system Windows 10 Pro on all computers, except the server is Windows Server 2012.

Ethernet network - wired

Cisco router RV220W

Comcast router Technicolor Device Type:BWG, Model: DPC3941B - which we had tested by Comcast earlier on. Set up a as a pass through.

What else can we check or test?

Any help or suggestions very welcome!

Thanks,

Sarah

:)

SarahBarnOwl, Jan 21, 2021

2. Getting "Request timed out" when doing a ping on a server.

I am trying to connect to a server on the internet. Other pc's on the network can connect to it but I get "Request timed out" when I try to ping the machine. Here is the screen shot:

C:\Users\Owner>ping svn.zeropoint.com

Pinging svn.zeropoint.com [63.78.117.80] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 63.78.117.80:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

I had my ISP technician try to ping the server and he was successful. I am able to connect to every other server that I try to connect to.

TimothyHofheins, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Ping error: Request time out

Hi,

I have a big problem:

I am using Windows 10 Home with Kaspersky Total Security. I VMware and running some virtual machines on it (Windows 7 and Windows 10 ENT).

I made a loopback network adapter on my Windows 10 Home. Here are the network configurations:

Windows Home WiFi adapter:

IP and DNS: Auto (192.168.1.X)

Loopback adapter:

IP: 192.168.11.1

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Gateway and DNS: empty

==============================

VMware (network adapters are bridged):

My virtual Windows 7:

IP: 192.168.11.2

Gateway and DNS: empty

My virtual Windows 10 ENT:

IP: 192.168.11.3

Gateway and DNS: emty

==============================

The problem is the both VMs can ping each other (after allowing firewall to ping)

But my main Windows 10 Home cant ping the VM machines, also they cant ping my Windows Home too. When I ping VM machines from my main Windows I get this error:

C:\Users\amin>ping 192.168.11.3

Pinging 192.168.11.3 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

and when I ping my main Windows from VM machines I get:

C:\Users\amin>ping 192.168.11.1

Pinging 192.168.11.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 192.168.11.3: Destination host unreachable.

What did I do:

Configured Windows firewall to accept (in/out) ping by enabling File and Printer Sharing (Echo Request - ICMPv4-In) but no luck.

aminvalipour, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Network gremlin - intermittent request time outs in ping sequences and periodic internet...

ping on switch request time out

I have connected 2 pc with windows 10 on switch. I gave static ip address in ipv4 as 192.168.1.104 and 192.168.1.103 with subnet as 255.255.255.0 and default gateway as 192.168.1.1. I enabled the inbound rules of file transfer in firewall also. I tried
    to ping from one pc to another but it is showing request time out. Also the network folder is showing all pc file on network.

ravindersingh2, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Network gremlin - intermittent request time outs in ping sequences and periodic internet...

1. Network gremlin - intermittent request time outs in ping sequences and periodic internet... - Similar Threads - Network gremlin intermittent

2. Ping request timed out with firewall off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping request timed out with firewall off: Hello everyone,I have a problem when pinging my computer either from another computer in my network or from my computer using the local address of the network interfaces or the loopback address. Each Echo request performed by the ping command times out.In the following I...
  3. Ping request timed out with firewall off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping request timed out with firewall off: Hello everyone,I have a problem when pinging my computer either from another computer in my network or from my computer using the local address of the network interfaces or the loopback address. Each Echo request performed by the ping command times out.In the following I...
  4. Ping request timed out with firewall off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ping Spikes, Intermittent Internet Speeds

Ping Spikes, Intermittent Internet Speeds: Hello,I am using Windows 11, 11th Gen Intel Core i5 *** Email address is removed for privacy *** GHz; 6 core 32GB Ram new build this year.My internet speeds often get ping spikes and latency issues, and will go from 200+MB down, decreasing to 40MB at ALL times throughout the...
  6. Intermittent Request Timed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Request Timed Out: Hi,I am encountering this reply when I ping my host of the remote desktop that I use for work but when I ping google.com, I am not receiving Request Timed Out reply. May you please explain what are the possible cause and how to fix this. Hope you can help me resolve my...
  7. Intermittent Request Timed Out

Intermittent Request Timed Out: Hi,I am encountering this reply when I ping my host of the remote desktop that I use for work but when I ping google.com, I am not receiving Request Timed Out reply. May you please explain what are the possible cause and how to fix this. Hope you can help me resolve my...
  8. Intermittent Request Timed Out

9. Frequent request timed out when pinging

Frequent request timed out when pinging: Please help, i can't even browse properly. imagine gaming. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frequent-request-timed-out-when-pinging/7a2b74f1-e2a9-4fe8-970a-021e05d3b34a
  10. Ping error: Request time out

Ping error: Request time out: Hi, I have a big problem: I am using Windows 10 Home with Kaspersky Total Security. I VMware and running some virtual machines on it (Windows 7 and Windows 10 ENT). I made a loopback network adapter on my Windows 10 Home. Here are the network configurations: Windows...