Windows 10: Network groups management

Discus and support Network groups management in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. Recently, i turned on sharing folders in local network. Everything works nicely but, when i open Computer Management, i don't see there Local Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pheggas, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Network groups management

Hi. Recently, i turned on sharing folders in local network. Everything works nicely but, when i open Computer Management, i don't see there Local Users and Groups. I have multiple groups and don't know how to connect it with each other into one big group. Is it even possible?

submitted by /u/Pheggas
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pheggas, Nov 24, 2019
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to join Home group in Windows 10

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the updates. I suggest you to stop and start the services for Peer Networking and check if it helps.

Three particular Windows services manage peer-to-peer networking, and all computers in you are trying to connect should have the same settings in order to reduce error messages and connection problems.

Step 1: Stop the services.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Do the same for Peer Networking Group
      and Peer Networking Identity Manager.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

services.msc
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol
      service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 24, 2019
  4. Network groups management

Can not Create Homegroup and error 1068 - Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping on Local Computer and

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per your concern is to create a HomeGroup, do let us know if you are facing the same issue with same error code?

If so, I suggest you to start the services for Peer Networking and check if it helps.

Three particular Windows services manage peer-to-peer networking, and all computers in you are trying to connect should have the same settings in order to reduce error messages and connection problems.

Step 1: Stop the services.

services.msc
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

services.msc
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol
      service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Network groups management

1. Network groups management - Similar Threads - Network groups management

2. Wired Network IEEE 802.3 Policies not showing in groupe policy management editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Network IEEE 802.3 Policies not showing in groupe policy management editor: Hello,I'm a non domain user using windows 10 and i need to configure the policy "Wired Network IEEE 802.3" as explained in this article :...
  3. Wired Network IEEE 802.3 Policies not showing in groupe policy management editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Network IEEE 802.3 Policies not showing in groupe policy management editor: Hello,I'm a non domain user using windows 10 and i need to configure the policy "Wired Network IEEE 802.3" as explained in this article :...
  4. Wired Network IEEE 802.3 Policies not showing in groupe policy management editor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MMC GROUP POLICY MANAGEMENT COULD NOT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MMC GROUP POLICY MANAGEMENT COULD NOT: Today Group Policy Management set on the Domain Controller. Now this policy is set for everyone and everywhere. The terrible problem: I can no longer start the Group Policy Management on the Domain Controller as Administrator. MMC COULD NOT CREATE THE SNAP-IN BECAUSE OF...
  6. MMC GROUP POLICY MANAGEMENT COULD NOT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MMC GROUP POLICY MANAGEMENT COULD NOT: Today Group Policy Management set on the Domain Controller. Now this policy is set for everyone and everywhere. The terrible problem: I can no longer start the Group Policy Management on the Domain Controller as Administrator. MMC COULD NOT CREATE THE SNAP-IN BECAUSE OF...
  7. Windows Defender Managed by Group Policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Managed by Group Policy: my windows defender is being closed according to group policy what is it and how can i open it? plz help [Original Title: windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-managed-by-group-policy/089609b9-2735-4d45-925d-e0c80def3e2a
  8. Managing owner, user, groups

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Managing owner, user, groups: Hi, I find hard to understand my “default” settings on the control privacy of users and groups set in my machine, there’s like 10 users, some with more privileges than me(an S-bunch or numbers with lots of permission intrigued me) and also lots of groups that I didn’t set, is...
  9. Home group/network sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home group/network sharing: I have a Desktop with Windows 7 and a Laptop with Windows 10. At an earlier date I was able to share files with both by turning on Home Group on Windows 7 and sharing folders in Network Sharing on my Laptop. I have since had to reinstall my Windows 10 on my Laptop; and...
  10. Group Policy management console

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Group Policy management console: Hi It is the possible to disable the print screen button in window 10 computer via group policy management console. kindly suggest the useful article. Regards, vetrivel G...