Windows 10: Network icon is completely gone

Discus and support Network icon is completely gone in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello community. After a while using my ASUS X541U running on Windows 10, I've noticed that my network icon is not appearing. I tried every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sepehr619, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Sepehr619 Win User

Network icon is completely gone

Hello community.

After a while using my ASUS X541U running on Windows 10, I've noticed that my network icon is not appearing.

I tried every possible solutions like enbaling network in taskbar settings, running registerys and editing group policy

But none of them worked for me Network icon is completely gone :(

So, when I want to connect to a WiFi network, I need to lock my account and connect from the login screen.

Then when I sign in I have network connection.

I use Driver Talent application to update my drivers and it shows me the WLAN, USB WLAN and Network driver is working normally.

Thank you for reading.

:)

Sepehr619, Sep 7, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Network icon is completely gone :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 7, 2018
  3. davidhk Win User
    Network Icon

Use this tutorial.
    It was written for Win 7 and Win 8, but it is applicable to Win 10.
    I, personally, had used it to restore my missing Volume and Network icons.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...e-disable.html

Use Option Two, step #5, click the Download button > then continue to step #11 to 15.
    Make sure you reboot to complete the process.

davidhk, Sep 7, 2018
  4. smartali89 Win User

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Network icon is completely gone - Similar Threads - Network icon completely

2. Taskbar Icons gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons gone: aLL OF A SUDDEN SOME OF MY tASKBAR iONS ARE NOW GREYED OUT/SAME COLOR AS THE TASKBAR ITSELF. i TRIED CHANGING THE COLOR BUT NO JOY! wHY IS THIS HAPPENING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-gone/250e7e32-28c7-4856-b36b-8209c902d12d
  3. Gmail icon is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail icon is gone: My gmail icon is gone from my desktop. I have no idea what version I have. Can anyone help? Urgent need to get email!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/gmail-icon-is-gone/ce18068a-3493-4a9b-8159-dabc6b835a19
  4. DVD drivers completely gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD drivers completely gone: For a while now I've had a problem with my DVD drives not showing up on my computer. After many MANY searches for a solution, it seems that the most common success is to delete ATA/ATAPI drivers and also delete all DVD/CD drivers in the device manager, then restart the...
  5. MOST Favorite Icons are gone

in Browsers and Email
    MOST Favorite Icons are gone: Since the Creators update it seems about 90% of my favorite icons are gone and have reverted to the IE browser Icon. Not the little blue round one the one that looks like a paper with the IE logo on it. I tried resetting IE I tried deleting ALL the icons and making new...
  6. All icons are gone (everywhere)

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons are gone (everywhere): Hi, something really weird happened after I restarted my computer. The icons in my desktop, folders, etc (everywhere) are gone. (see the pictures) [img] [img] I rebooted a bunch of times and even did a system restore but it's still not displaying any of the icons....
  7. Start Menu Icons Gone

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons Gone: I want to start using my start menu, but I don't remember how to add icons back. I tried to just drag them but that doesn't work. Also, they just all disappeared randomly. Not sure why. Screenshot 33575
  8. Start/taskbar completely gone, nothing helps

in Windows 10 Support
    Start/taskbar completely gone, nothing helps: Can't understand what's going on. I've rebooted, done fcs scannow. Checkted the settings.. Please help! 93478
  9. Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Gone on destop and taskbar: I have just switched on my Win10 and all the icons have gone on the desktop and task bar. I need serious help urgently. The icon images in my task bar have also disappeared and replaced with identical icons. Screen shot attached. Having just gone into the file system there...
  10. Icons gone, labels still there

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons gone, labels still there: Today, I started up my computer and, for some reason, all of the icons for my applications, folders, and all other files were missing, but the names were still there. I also noticed that the icons for my applications in the taskbar were replaced with generic .exe icons....