Windows 10: Network icon is gone in taskbar

Discus and support Network icon is gone in taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The computer icon with the eithernet connector (or if on Wi-Fi, the wifi logo) in the taskbar is gone from my system. And when I try to activate it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spunc1, Oct 17, 2020.

1. /u/spunc1 Win User

Network icon is gone in taskbar

The computer icon with the eithernet connector (or if on Wi-Fi, the wifi logo) in the taskbar is gone from my system. And when I try to activate it from setting>taskbar my volume control icon turns on and off instead of making my network icon appear shown here with orage circles. I tried disabling all but nothing. Restart does nothing either.

This solution don't fix it for me as I've tried as the settings for network are removing/adding the volume icon

submitted by /u/spunc1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spunc1, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 17, 2020
  3. blockie Win User
    Taskbar no network icon

Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks.
    How do I get the the icon on the taskbar?
    Bill

blockie, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Network icon missing from taskbar

Hi Wailana,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Did you recently make any changes on the computer?

Which edition(Home or Pro) of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

This can be caused by several reasons. The network icon could be missing from the task bar, the network services might not be running or the issue could be with Windows explorer.

Let’s see if we can get the network icon back on taskbar by following the methods given below.

Method 1: Enable Network icon from settings.

• Right click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    • Under Notification area click on
      Select which icons appear on taskbar
    • Toggle the switch to on for Network icon to make it appear on taskbar.
    • Go back and click on Turn system icons on or off. Toggle the switch for Network icon to turn it on if it is off.

Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer

• Right click on taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Under Process tab, look for Explorer process.
    • Right click on Explorer process and select
      Restart option to restart the process.
    • Exit Task Manager and see if the network icon appears in the taskbar.

Hope it helps.

Please feel free to contact back in case you need any further assistance and let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Network icon is gone in taskbar - Similar Threads - Network icon gone

2. ALL taskbar icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALL taskbar icons are gone: [ATTACH] Ive tried basically everything that the internet has told me, scanned for malware, deleted iconcache.db and restarted, etc etc. https://preview.redd.it/fe4fw9tnkl261.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=429d446858f1612def4f809f2de56e6011376307 submitted by...
  3. Taskbar frozen, icons gone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar frozen, icons gone: PC, is Acer swift When I started my PC this morning, it would not show any icons on the desktop. Furthermore, the taskbar has frozen. I cannot click anywhere on the taskbar, because I'll get a pop up thats says the application doesnt respond, but it might if I wait and I...
  4. The battery icon on the taskbar is gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    The battery icon on the taskbar is gone: My battery icon has gone missing for some reason, I can't turn it on either as you can see in the picture. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-battery-icon-on-the-taskbar-is-gone/16ecac25-fc3f-40c3-8f5a-0cd8f81dda91
  5. Taskbar Icon Tray gone

Taskbar Icon Tray gone: I rebooted my pc and came back to all of my icons spread out on my taskbar. I tried consulting Windows Tech Support but they didn't help and provided me a howtogeek article. I can't drag the icons on top of each other to put them in the tray, and the arrow is gone. I don't...
  6. Network icon is gone?

Network icon is gone?: My network icon has disappeared? And im not connected to wifi, this started happening when I booted my pc up in safe mode and even after disabling I cannot connect to wifi submitted by /u/EllisMain [link] [comments]...
  7. Taskbar Icons gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons gone: aLL OF A SUDDEN SOME OF MY tASKBAR iONS ARE NOW GREYED OUT/SAME COLOR AS THE TASKBAR ITSELF. i TRIED CHANGING THE COLOR BUT NO JOY! wHY IS THIS HAPPENING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icons-gone/250e7e32-28c7-4856-b36b-8209c902d12d
  8. Network icon is completely gone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon is completely gone: Hello community. After a while using my ASUS X541U running on Windows 10, I've noticed that my network icon is not appearing. I tried every possible solutions like enbaling network in taskbar settings, running registerys and editing group policy But none of them worked...
  9. Taskbar no network icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Taskbar no network icon: Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks. How do I get the the icon on the taskbar? Bill 43226
  10. Icons Gone on destop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons Gone on destop and taskbar: I have just switched on my Win10 and all the icons have gone on the desktop and task bar. I need serious help urgently. The icon images in my task bar have also disappeared and replaced with identical icons. Screen shot attached. Having just gone into the file system there...