Windows 10: Network icon issue

Discus and support Network icon issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi, I am trying to set up my 2 computers on my home network. The consist of 2 pc's one is a laptop and the other is a desktop. There names are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tonino2424, May 10, 2021.

1. Network icon issue

hi, I am trying to set up my 2 computers on my home network. The consist of 2 pc's one is a laptop and the other is a desktop. There names are Win-10-laptop and win-10-desktop on the same workgroup called HOME NETWORK. They are both on a wired connection using my router. When i type from my win-10-laptop the following using cmd>run and ping win-10-desktop, it successfully pings that computer. When I type from my win-10-desktop, and pings successfully. Same goes with using the IP address for both as well. Why is it that when i click on network icon on either computer, no

:)

tonino2424, May 10, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 10, 2021
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, May 10, 2021
  4. Network icon issue

Network Connection Issues

Hi Ricki,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused.

Method 1: Reboot the router of the network and check if the issue is resolved.
    If the issue persist, run the network adapter troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.
    • Select Network Adapter,
      click on Advanced and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter driver from device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Also check from the manufacturer’s website if you are using updated network adapter. If not, I suggest you to download the latest network adapter software from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Network icon issue

1. Network icon issue - Similar Threads - Network icon issue

2. Network icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network icon: Hi, Is it possible to change the network icon in the taskbar? 10.0.19041 build 19041 Thanks 169173
  3. File Explorer Network Icon issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Network Icon issue: Irritant with File Explorer. The Network Icon in the left pane does not expand to show all connected pcs and storage device. It does show a Linux media device. However as a work around I have my connected devices shown in Quick access. When I select these networked devices...
  4. Issue with network icon showing no connectivity, even though there is!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with network icon showing no connectivity, even though there is!: Hi all, I've been browsing around looking for any solutions to this issue but haven't found anything concrete. Even pre-2004 update, one of my (and now two) users are having an issue where it looks like there is no network connection in the system tray, yet they still have...
  5. Windows 10 Network Icon Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Network Icon Issue: Alright so when I start up my computer, half the time my network symbol is the globe with an crossed out circle beside it to show that there is no internet connection. My connection is based off of my ethernet cable and I am still able to use my computer online but it has the...
  6. windows network icon no network

windows network icon no network: I have been having this problem again and again please help me out already tried uninstalling from device manager network driver then works fine then again same problem https://imgur.com/9rTra7W...
  7. Network Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network Icon: The network icon on my taskbar has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/network-icon/7a73346b-5deb-4aec-892b-9bc672399a28
  8. Network Icon

Network Icon: With no changes to my computer, the network icon has vanished from the notification area. ...When in settings, notification/quick actions, I am unable to turn on the Network Icon (the option is greyed out)? 38090
  9. Network Icon

Network Icon: A white circle appears sometimes above the network icon. It will then go awsy. It doesn't appear all the time. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks. 21295
  10. Network Icon

Network Icon: How do you remove a media device from Networks? [img] 68884