Windows 10: Network icon missing from taskbar

Discus and support Network icon missing from taskbar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by wailana, Nov 11, 2018.

1. wailana Win User

Network icon missing from taskbar

there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What is the way, or icon that makes connection?

***Title modified from: I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a new way to make connection?***

:)

wailana, Nov 11, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Volume icon missing from Taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the volume icon is missing in Action center. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open Settings and choose system.
    • Click on Notifications and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear in Taskbar.
    • Turn on Volume.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 11, 2018
  4. blockie Win User

Taskbar no network icon

Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks.
    How do I get the the icon on the taskbar?
    Bill

blockie, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Network icon missing from taskbar - Similar Threads - Network icon missing

2. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  3. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  4. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  5. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  6. Program icons missing from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program icons missing from Taskbar: Hi there, I have a relatively new computer and one of the first things I did after installing Office was to drag three commonly used programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) to the Taskbar for convenience. It worked great for a couple of weeks, but now the strangest thing has...
  7. Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar: Hi. I'm using a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and recently experiencing this issue. I checked dozens of online posts and solutions but none of them worked. Here is how it started: my laptop had been working perfectly until like 2 weeks ago. It suddenly lost the wifi icon from...
  8. icons are missing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    icons are missing from the taskbar: Is Start Menu Troubleshooter still available? I've got the problem where icons are missing from the taskbar but otherwise the system seems fine. I've run /sfc scannow but it's unable to fix the corrupted files. I've run DISM and repaired the component score but it's still...
  9. Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out)

Taskbar network icon missing ( greyed out): Hi Have tried fixes as described in other posts. Tried enable_network_notification reg bat file. Task bar system icons for network and power are greyed out. Internet working fine but says no connection... IPv4 & 6 not connected. ( ethernet connection) Seems to be since...
  10. Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.

Can't connect to networks. Network icon on taskbar missing.: everything was working fine earlier today. I was playing GTA V online so I was definitely connected. when I exited the game, the network icon on the taskbar was gone. if I open the Notification Center and click network from there no available networks show up. in my settings,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. put multitasking icon on taskbar