Windows 10: Network icon not working anymore

Discus and support Network icon not working anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a wonky internet connection so I really like to see how things are going by the small icon that is either Pc like or globe like. However my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mxrixs, Feb 23, 2021.

1. /u/mxrixs Win User

Network icon not working anymore

I have a wonky internet connection so I really like to see how things are going by the small icon that is either Pc like or globe like. However my pc has been always showing the no internet icon no matter what my connection is actually like. What are things that could cause this? What should I try to do?

submitted by /u/mxrixs
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mxrixs, Feb 23, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 23, 2021
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Network icon not working anymore

The Network Panel does not open when I Click on Network Icon

Hi,

Thank you for providing us a detailed description of the issue with your network icon and for sharing with us the troubleshooting steps you've already tried to resolve this problem. Since everything has been updated, what we can try is to manage your wireless
    networks. Let's see if clearing out the known networks on your WiFi settings and reconnecting to your own network will address it. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Settings and click Network & Internet.
    • In the left pane, click WiFi, then Manage Wi-Fi settings.
    • Under Manage known networks, remove the networks that you don't connect to anymore.

Once cleared, click the network icon on your taskbar and see if it opens. Let us know if the problem persists so we can further check on it.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Network icon not working anymore

1. Network icon not working anymore - Similar Threads - Network icon working

2. Network icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network icon: Hi, Is it possible to change the network icon in the taskbar? 10.0.19041 build 19041 Thanks 169173
  3. Registry default icons customization not working anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry default icons customization not working anymore?: Greetings, I like to change many default icons (drive, folder, documents, downloads, pictures, desktop, web, control panel, recycling bin etcc). Not just manually replacing the icon of each folder individually. I used to go through two different paths: Edit the resources...
  4. Network Icon on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon on taskbar not working: The network icon on my taskbar, shows my connnection when I hover on it, but when I left click on it, a plain white box appears with 'searching' dots crossing the top before it closes. I have no other issues......
  5. How come my taskvolume icon isn't working anymore?

How come my taskvolume icon isn't working anymore?: How come my taskbar volume icon isn't working anymore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-come-my-taskvolume-icon-isnt-working-anymore/7f856ea3-480b-48ea-bc99-fd9c3f9524ac
  6. "Desktop icon settings" does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Support
    "Desktop icon settings" does not work anymore: In Settings > Themes I used to be able to click "Desktop icon settings". But no more. Now I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item". I first discovered this on my laptop, which was...
  7. Network Icon

Network Icon: The network icon on my taskbar has disappeared. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/network-icon/7a73346b-5deb-4aec-892b-9bc672399a28
  8. Drag'n'drop file on top of quicklaunch icons doesn't work anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drag'n'drop file on top of quicklaunch icons doesn't work anymore: I'm used to run files by drag'n'dropping them on top of one of the icons in quicklaunch. When I need to launch file with some app, while file is associated with another, or just use the other version of app. E.g. drag and drop png file on Paint icon or Photoshop icon, whether...
  9. Network Icon

Network Icon: A white circle appears sometimes above the network icon. It will then go awsy. It doesn't appear all the time. Does anyone know what it means? Thanks. 21295
  10. Network Icon

Network Icon: How do you remove a media device from Networks? [img] 68884