Windows 10: Network Icon on taskbar not working

Discus and support Network Icon on taskbar not working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The network icon on my taskbar, shows my connnection when I hover on it, but when I left click on it, a plain white box appears with 'searching' dots... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ken W Hawkins, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Network Icon on taskbar not working

The network icon on my taskbar, shows my connnection when I hover on it, but when I left click on it, a plain white box appears with 'searching' dots crossing the top before it closes.

I have no other issues...

:)

Ken W Hawkins, Oct 12, 2019
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 12, 2019
  3. blockie Win User
    Taskbar no network icon

Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks.
    How do I get the the icon on the taskbar?
    Bill

blockie, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Network Icon on taskbar not working

Network icon missing from taskbar

Hi Wailana,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Did you recently make any changes on the computer?

Which edition(Home or Pro) of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

This can be caused by several reasons. The network icon could be missing from the task bar, the network services might not be running or the issue could be with Windows explorer.

Let’s see if we can get the network icon back on taskbar by following the methods given below.

Method 1: Enable Network icon from settings.

• Right click on the taskbar and select Taskbar settings.
    • Under Notification area click on
      Select which icons appear on taskbar
    • Toggle the switch to on for Network icon to make it appear on taskbar.
    • Go back and click on Turn system icons on or off. Toggle the switch for Network icon to turn it on if it is off.

Method 2: Restart Windows Explorer

• Right click on taskbar and select Task Manager.
    • Under Process tab, look for Explorer process.
    • Right click on Explorer process and select
      Restart option to restart the process.
    • Exit Task Manager and see if the network icon appears in the taskbar.

Hope it helps.

Please feel free to contact back in case you need any further assistance and let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Network Icon on taskbar not working

1. Network Icon on taskbar not working - Similar Threads - Network Icon taskbar

2. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  3. Taskbar Network Icon Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Network Icon Missing: Today January 18th 2022 I started my PC and discovered the network icon has gone missing from the taskbar leaving only the sound icon. Can anybody help? I've attached what it looks like to help.I can connect via ethernet and Wi-Fi but things internet speed and general PC...
  4. Network icon is gone in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network icon is gone in taskbar: The computer icon with the eithernet connector (or if on Wi-Fi, the wifi logo) in the taskbar is gone from my system. And when I try to activate it from setting>taskbar my volume control icon turns on and off instead of making my network icon appear shown here with orage...
  5. Taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taskbar icons not working: After the v2004 windows update, almost none of the taskbar icons work. the sound, wifi, time&date and notification center are not opening upon clicking them. Going to Network & Internet -> Wi-Fi and clicking "Show available networks" is also muted, nothing happens and I...
  6. Where is my network taskbar icon??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Where is my network taskbar icon??: In my Windows taskbar settings, I have set the network icon to be on--yet it appears neither in the taskbar nor in the screen showing hidden icons. I am connected to a network via my router. Does the icon appear only when my connection is interrupted? How can I get it to...
  7. Network icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Network icon in taskbar: What file has the network icon in the taskbar in Windows 10. 1903? There is no Pnidui.dll file. John 138427
  8. Network Icon not appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon not appearing in taskbar: Hi, I've been having issues with my network icon not appearing in the taskbar of my PC. I've gone through several online articles looking for assistance. For example, I went to Settings> System> Notifications and Actions> Turn System Icons on and off. But when I go there,...
  9. Network icon missing from taskbar

Network icon missing from taskbar: there use to be a white dot on the bottom taskbar and clicking on it would make connection with the internet. Now I do not find that whit dot. What is the way, or icon that makes connection? ***Title modified from: I have difficulty signing onto the internet. Is there a...
  10. Taskbar no network icon

Taskbar no network icon: Network and Sharing is the only plce I can see the list of detected networks. How do I get the the icon on the taskbar? Bill 43226