Windows 10: Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected

Discus and support Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If after you upgrade or update your Windows 10 and you notice that the Network Connectivity Status Indicator (NCSI) on the notification... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 18, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected

WinClub, Jul 18, 2020

2. network icon says "no internet access" but i am connected

like the subject says network icon says no Internet access but I am connected to the Internet on Windows 10 enterprise desktop computer. When you go into network and sharing Center network since private network, access type says no Internet access. Home
    group says joined, in connection it says network adapter. Have gone in to network adapter settings it says no Internet access under IPv4 and IPv6 connectivity duration is active, speed is 1 Gbps, I have bites under sent and received, diagnostics says there
    is nothing wrong and network connection details have the IP address, subnet mask, lease obtained and expired are good, I have the IP for default gateway , DHCP server, DNS server, all have their right numbers and are working.

claytonpickrell, Jul 18, 2020
  3. I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connect

I am connected to the internet, but in the toolbar it says Not Connected and Connections are available.
    I am referring this to the Wifi Icon on the Bottom Right Corner near the Clock (Notification Area). There is no yellow asterix and I am properly connected to the internet. When I click this Wifi Icon , a window pops up and on its top it shows my ssid and below it shows connected. Disconnect option is also here.
    Please suggest some remedial measure.
    I have already changed my Wifi adapter - previously it was Wayona and now I am using Prolink. Both works well.
    Thanks in advance.
    Ashok

Ashok Kumar Bag, Jul 18, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Network icon says No internet access, but I am connected - Similar Threads - Network icon says

2. Some apps can access the internet, but others say there is no network when I am connected...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps can access the internet, but others say there is no network when I am connected...: I can access the internet on chrome, but when I try to sign in to onedrive and outlook it says no network connection. Also discord can't find a network. I think it might be a firewall issue because I reset that, but I tried with it off and it didn't work.I have tried...
  3. Some apps can access the internet, but others say there is no network when I am connected...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some apps can access the internet, but others say there is no network when I am connected...: I can access the internet on chrome, but when I try to sign in to onedrive and outlook it says no network connection. Also discord can't find a network. I think it might be a firewall issue because I reset that, but I tried with it off and it didn't work.I have tried...
  4. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-internet-functionality-but-network-settings/299b18e2-afba-4440-9a90-38a1055a3b83 This is a link from a thread in 2019 of a software issue that was left unresolved. I have the exact same problem and I have been...
  5. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-internet-functionality-but-network-settings/299b18e2-afba-4440-9a90-38a1055a3b83 This is a link from a thread in 2019 of a software issue that was left unresolved. I have the exact same problem and I have been...
  6. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access"

Device Is Connected To WiFi Network But Says "No Internet Access": Hi, I recently bought an Acer laptop with Windows 10 installed on it. It was working fine at the beginning. But later when I updated to the newer version of Windows my WiFi connection started having issues. Can anyone here help me identify where the problem is? Here are...
  8. internet works but network icon says "no internet access"

internet works but network icon says "no internet access": My internet/wifi is working properly, but the network icon has that round symbol that means "no internet access". The problem is that Microsoft Store thinks I don't have internet connection, so it won't let me download apps. I know the problem is not with my wifi, because...
  9. I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...

I have internet functionality but network settings says I am not connected to a network...: For whatever reason the network settings app says that I am not connected to the internet, however I can use the internet just fine on my computer with programs such as google chrome and steam. I tried running the network troubleshooter but it says that nothing is wrong....
  10. Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access

Network icon says no internet access, even though I do have internet access: Since today the network icon on the taskbar of my ASUS X556UV started saying that I don't have internet access to the network I'm connected to with an ethernet cable. This isn't correct because I can still use the internet for browsing, streaming etc. The main problem is...