Windows 10: Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites

Discus and support Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Chrome is sluggish and erratic and what I'm noticing is that I have icon with a world and the "NO" symbol on the bottom right. Oddly I have internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darrell Catmull, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites

Chrome is sluggish and erratic and what I'm noticing is that I have icon with a world and the "NO" symbol on the bottom right. Oddly I have internet on most sites with all browsers but not the Microsoft related sites like the store.

The icon changes from connected to not connected erratically but yet I can access most sites with poor click response or speed.

Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites 8ba241ea-408d-4684-80f2-ff4eb1c9d976?upload=true.jpg Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites 555d998c-a676-43b9-a719-cc00c3c9dd59?upload=true.png

:)

Darrell Catmull, Mar 17, 2020

2. Network connection icon problem

Hi all,
    Few days ago (since I have switched to Nvidia - I don't know is there any connection between them or not) I have a problem with the network connection icon. After the OS loads in, the icon is still loading about for a minute. When I open Chrome the internet connection is perfect, only the icon shows it's loading. It wouldn't be such a problem, but certain programs (for example GPU-Z) doesn't open until the icon stops loading.
    What could be the problem, and how can I solve this? I have already uninstalled / reinstalled the network driver. Nothing has changed.
    Thanks,
    hazazs

Tibor Hazafi, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 17, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites [​IMG]

topgundcp, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites

1. Network Icon shows no internet but connection OK on some sites - Similar Threads - Network Icon shows

2. Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected: The Network Icon is not showing up at all.The Internet is not connected.I use an ethernet cable to a Comfast repeater.Windows 10.The Network & Internet tab in settings crashes whenever I try to open it.The switch to turn on the Network Icon is greyed out.I tried to update...
  3. Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected: The Network Icon is not showing up at all.The Internet is not connected.I use an ethernet cable to a Comfast repeater.Windows 10.The Network & Internet tab in settings crashes whenever I try to open it.The switch to turn on the Network Icon is greyed out.I tried to update...
  4. Network Icon not showing, Internet not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...: Im connected to the internet and it let's me get on YouTube and stuff but it shows the global sign and says no internet, secure and doesn't let me update my computer because it continues to say no internet but I can some how get on the web and search stuff and watch youtube...
  6. Network Icon Shows No Internet Access But Connected In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Icon Shows No Internet Access But Connected In Windows 10: I am facing this problem for many months. it was okay as I was able to use the net. But recently I wanted to update my windows 10 to 11 through the windows insider program. I am connected to the INTERNET through ETHERNET but The network icon is not showing so. I can browse...
  7. Network Connected to Internet, but not show in Available Network

Network Connected to Internet, but not show in Available Network: I am using Windows Enterprise LTSC 2019.After I upgrade my network to 10Gbe Network, I find that there is no Wired Interface showing in the Available Networks section. As some programs related to the Available Networks, I cannot do any config for my new 10Gbe Adapter.In the...
  8. wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...

wifi connected successfully but the network icon shows the globe and displays "no internet,...: I successfully connected my laptop to my wifi, was able to access the internet surf facebook, watch youtube, ... but the network icon in the lower right corner of the screen showed the globe and displays "no internet, secury ". Sometimes it is disconnected, then reconnect...
  9. taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet

taskbar network connectivity icon not showing connected but internet: I am having this problem the network icon shows me not connected as in screenshot below. [img] My OS information Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language I am though connected to wifi and able to browse internet perfectly. I do not...
  10. internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load

internet connection extremely slow and not allowing some sites to load: hi I am helping my mom fix her internet connection and have a couple questions. First she is using a wi-fi connection with spectrum and the bars on the control bar are showing 1 or none but its the only thing on the network running right now. 2 facebook games don't run...