Windows 10: Network Icon with white circle

Discus and support Network Icon with white circle in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, So I locked my PC today and noticed that on the lock screen the network icon had a small white circle on the lower right hand side of it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LinkinForcer, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Network Icon with white circle

Hey guys,

So I locked my PC today and noticed that on the lock screen the network icon had a small white circle on the lower right hand side of it. Basically it was exactly where the red x shows up if you aren’t connected.

I hovered my mouse over it but nothing showed up and when I went to log in the circle disappeared and the normal network icon was showing.

Does anyone know what this white circle means? I can’t find anything online about it.

I know the wifi symbol can show a white circle to the upper right but everything addressing it online yields any actual results as to what it means.

:)

LinkinForcer, Oct 19, 2017

2. Cortana search bar missing white circle instead

When I left click the white circle the search bar is their. If I right click on the white circle 6 items appear listing what I can do on the task bar such as Show app icons

Regards

anselm_962, Oct 19, 2017
  3. IanGilson Win User
    Unfamiliar Windows10 boot screens

About 2 weeks after successfully installing Windows 10, I now get a screen after boot up with my name, e-mail address, and box to put in my password. Above this is a gray circle with a white circle and inverted white U below it, and 4 blue squares with white
    rays coming from it on the right. 3 unfamiliar icons on lower right corner. The screen icon takes me to "networks - network 2 connected. The clock icon says "ease of use" and lists screen options, which are also audits. The restart button gives the option
    to reboot, but the same screen comes back up when I try. It switches to a photo (maybe one of mine, but not the one I had selected), time, and date.

there is no start menu in the left lower corner. The right click button does not work.

During the reboot process 4 blue squares shows up. I am unable to get to safe mode with a f key.

What is this?

IanGilson, Oct 19, 2017
  4. Network Icon with white circle

Maybe it indicates an app is using your location.

FreeBooter, Oct 19, 2017
  5. Maybe but the circle isn’t the same. It’s not next to the network icon it’s part of the icon. I don’t know why the network icon would specify an app using my location though.

Just irrtiates me that every symbol for network and WiFi has an explanation and this one doesn’t and seems to be a mystery.

6. Install latest version of network card driver see it resolves the issue.

FreeBooter, Oct 19, 2017
  7. It’s not an on going issue. This is the first time I’ve ever seen it. I just would like to know what it means.

8. Network Icon with white circle

Sorry i have no idea what that white circle means.

FreeBooter, Oct 19, 2017
  9. I appreciate the help. If anyone does know please comment because I’ve been searching forever and can’t find a thing.

LinkinForcer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Network Icon with white circle

1. Network Icon with white circle - Similar Threads - Network Icon white

2. curser glitching with white circle around it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    curser glitching with white circle around it: This has been going on for a few days and i have no idea what’s happening. the basic issue is that my curser will glitch around and then go to the bottom of my screen, flashing into a strange dimond shape with a while circle around it. : It started happening when i cracked my...
  3. curser glitching with white circle around it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    curser glitching with white circle around it: This has been going on for a few days and i have no idea what’s happening. the basic issue is that my curser will glitch around and then go to the bottom of my screen, flashing into a strange dimond shape with a while circle around it. : It started happening when i cracked my...
  4. White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons: I have this issue BUT I have no backup Symantec, McAfee, Mozy, etc. which would be causing this. I can reboot my PC which clears them but they return after several days. I have no idea from where they are coming since the only reference I have discovered is for the anti-virus...
  5. White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons: I have this issue BUT I have no backup Symantec, McAfee, Mozy, etc. which would be causing this. I can reboot my PC which clears them but they return after several days. I have no idea from where they are coming since the only reference I have discovered is for the anti-virus...
  6. White Exclamation Mark Inside Red Circle on Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Circle icons are diamonds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Circle icons are diamonds.: [ATTACH] alright, I've searched everywhere and I hope to find an answer here. so in windows, all buttons and whatnot which used to be circles, are now diamonds. so the volume slider is all diamondish, the menu buttons in the xbox app, even stuff in netflix has all been...
  8. WiFi icon with circle?????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi icon with circle?????: Hey guys, Today I ran across something I haven't seen before and can't get an answer for either. I just woke up my computer screen so I could log in a noticed a circle above my wifi icon. From what I remember the icon looked greyed out but quickly changed to the white...
  9. white circle in tray

in Windows 10 Support
    white circle in tray: Lately I traced a little white circle popping in the tray and disappearing. Not enough time to see anything but location. Is it malware? can I get rid of it? I didn't notice anything different in the list of processes or anything added to windows or users folder. Of...
  10. white cross in red circle icon for OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    white cross in red circle icon for OneDrive folders: I am successfully using OneDrive on two Win10 machines. I am trying to use it on my Tablet (ASUS). The folders I set up and their content have a white cross 'X' in a red circle icon. I can open the documents and pictures but the option to get a OneDrive Link for sharing is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. circle on network icon

2. white circle on network icon

3. desktop pc network icon with a white circle

4. network icon with white circle,
  5. windows 10 circle on network icon